Party! Party! Party!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Party! Party! Party! - October 14th!!

The forth annual GT40 Party will be at my house on Saturday October 13th (changed to Sunday, October 14). Coffee at 10ish beer at 11ish burgers at 1ish. More beers to follow and we'll see how long it goes. No hurry!

I live in Northern California across the bay from San Francisco in San Ramon Zip 94582.

All forum members are welcome. GT40 not required but we are going for double digits this year. We had 9 last year. If you have a GT40 and live in Northern California please try to attend. Anyone else from out of the area with a GT40 is of course welcome and if you come from out of town I can put two more cars in my garage over night if necessary. If we have more I can ask the neighbors if I can borrow a spot in their garage, and we might be able to garage a couple more over night. Wife's, kids are fine. I have a pool so bring a suit if you want to.

I do need to know who's coming so that I can plan lunch etc. The sooner the better but no one will be turned away. Message or email me for my phone number and address. Yahoo maps will take you right to me from anywhere.

Some pics from last year.

Attachments

• HPIM0356.jpg
    HPIM0356.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,032
  • HPIM0369.jpg
    HPIM0369.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,018
  • HPIM0373.jpg
    HPIM0373.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited by a moderator:

Howard Jones

Supporter
I dare you guys to have a party on the same day. What we need is a world wide GT40 party!!!! Kind of like a GT40 day. Or how about the 24 hours of GT40 party. Once around the world with a beer in our collective hands !!!! How cool would that be!!!!!

The pictures would really be something!!!!!

Howard, I'm in Kansas City, but I can't tell you how much it means that you extend an open invite to us all. I will make it someday just to meet up with the famous Freddie Fender if nothing else.

O.K., here is one for the computer wiz. If we can gather some steam to attempt a world wide party of sorts, could we hook up via real time video and audio over the internet??

Easy, hard or no can do? Any ideas

Brian

Howard Jones

Supporter
IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOVED TO SUNDAY OCTOBER 14TH. All else the same. A couple of past attendees are otherwise indisposed on Saturday. Hope to see you all there!!!!!
I'll post a partial list in a couple of weeks.

Hi Howard,
I live just up the street from you. Don't have a GT40 yet, but working on it. Visited RCR a couple of weeks ago, and trying to convince my wife that I need a GT40.

Can I come too?

Rick Stallbaum

Rats, I have a major project to get ready for a drill the following week.

Maybe next year I can make the pilgrimage up :)

Ian

All this talk of parties and stones has caused me to start thinking. Hopefully my SPF GT40MKI will be arriving at my place by the first week of October. There would be just enough time for an epic road trip from Chicago to the Bay Area. Biggest concern would be weather. And I would need a co-pilot. You listening Mr. Drew???

Hey Rick,
I am an almost member of the RCR family, although my 'stones' did not need to wait for spousal approval to take action :p (no spouse)

I'm waiting delivery of my Super Lightweight Coupe, hope to see another future RCR owner there.

Howard count me in..... BTW, I've only been to one of your parties and I was pretty late, but still managed to be in two of the pictures you posted (photo hog) ;-P

Rob

All this talk of parties and stones has caused me to start thinking. Hopefully my SPF GT40MKI will be arriving at my place by the first week of October. There would be just enough time for an epic road trip from Chicago to the Bay Area. Biggest concern would be weather. And I would need a co-pilot. You listening Mr. Drew???

Indeed, indeed!

Let's see, I'm supposed to zip to Iraq on Sep 22nd or thereabouts, which would hopefully have me back at home by about the 30th or the 1st of October or so. I'd then probably be expected to fly again sometime around the weekend of the party.

Ah, but I do have some vacation time earned that I haven't really considered yet. Yes, it seems to me that a trip across the USA in a GT40 would be a very reasonable way to spend it! Are you thinking of taking a leisurely jaunt or doing a Gumball run?

Realistically I could probably only go with you one-way. Who knows, you might even convince some other enthusiast/masochist to go back with you?

What's the actual status of your car, though? Is it a fully debugged, running, driving machine, or would my function as co-pilot be to keep track of the bits that fall off enroute and/or help push the thing out of the roadway? :)

Hey, Howard.

It looks like I'll actually be able to make it this year. Looking forward to it.

It was good seeing you at Sears Point.

Scott

Indeed, indeed!

Let's see, I'm supposed to zip to Iraq on Sep 22nd or thereabouts, which would hopefully have me back at home by about the 30th or the 1st of October or so. I'd then probably be expected to fly again sometime around the weekend of the party.

Ah, but I do have some vacation time earned that I haven't really considered yet. Yes, it seems to me that a trip across the USA in a GT40 would be a very reasonable way to spend it! Are you thinking of taking a leisurely jaunt or doing a Gumball run?

Realistically I could probably only go with you one-way. Who knows, you might even convince some other enthusiast/masochist to go back with you?

What's the actual status of your car, though? Is it a fully debugged, running, driving machine, or would my function as co-pilot be to keep track of the bits that fall off enroute and/or help push the thing out of the roadway? :)

Well, I just got off the phone with the guys at Roush. Seems that the engine I ordered nearly a year ago (353IR) will still not ship for another month. That means that by the time Dennis Olthoff gets it, builds and tests my car, then ships it to me, it will just about be time to put it away for the winter. Major bummer. No party for me...maybe next year. (Didn't I say that last year?)

Ah, what a drag. Sorry to hear about yet more delays getting your car on the road. :(

Nothing preventing you from flying out for the party though! See you there?

Back