Party! Party! Party!

Bumping a 'dead' thread.....

Is the party still happening this weekend?

I would STRONGLY suggest editing the primary post to reflect the new, improved, updated date--people might not read the whole thread and realize that the date has been changed, and you could wind up with a bunch of people on the wrong day!

Howard Jones

Supporter
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! SUNDAY 10-14-07 10-11AM Start, lunch at about 1ish, PARTY until we call it quits!!!! See ya all there!!!!!! I have about 7-8 GT40s comming for sure! A few more maybes.

Google maps:

804 Beaver Creek Ct.
San Ramon California

Bummer--I just realized I have a competing commitment that will prevent me from attending. :(

You guys have fun, and take (and post) plenty of photos!

True to form Howard put on another fine bash, about 4 hours of cars, videos and trash talk. Saw some old friends and made some new ones. Howard tried to burn the chicken to the ground but after a beer showed up to douse the flames order was restored! It was Bud's birthday so no one was allowed to leave until they had cake. <let them eat cake> Happy birthday Bud.

There were 7 GT40's, 4 (?) Cobras and a GT350. My personal favorite was the Liesher (sp?) Motorsports ERA. What a beauty. Sorry I don't have many pictures to post as I was too busy socializing. I did get one shot of the Monterey contingent on the way home - the blue one is the ERA.

Thanks Howard, it was great to meet everyone.
Looking forward to next year.
Rob

(for some reason it won't let me attach)

I will try to post the few shoots I took. To all of you attendees - thanks for helping me enjoy the 73rd!

Last edited:
And the rest of the shots. Interesting point - for the first time in three years there were more right hand drive 40's than left. 4 versus 3. In Grahams picture you can see the lid to the annually awarded trophy box. We had a blue ERA, an Essex Wire GTD, My dark blue /light blue gulf stripe GTD, Howards GTD, a yellow Tornado and a red CAV Mono. In addition we had a very nice just finished GT350 Clone, 4 Cobras - one a wire wheeled 289 and a Miata spec racer. We had hoped to see several others but they just couldn't make it.

Last edited:
I wish that was my street, and one of those great cars was mine as well. Full marks to you, Howard, for your open invitations and keeping the dream alive. The true spirit of GT40 mateship. May you party on for many more years.

Dalton

Howard Jones

Supporter
Thanks everybody for comming! If we had everybody I know in the area that has a running GT40 able to attend we would have about 12-13 cars. I really would love to fill the street with GT40's next year. Wouldn't that be cool.

I also want to say that much more important than the cars are the people. These people are all my friends and as much as I love these cars I have to say I love all my friends a hell of a lot more. These pictures are what this hobby is really all about. Before I built my GT40 I didn't know any of these people. Now just a few years later they are among my most cherished friendships.

When people ask how hard is it to build a car or how much does it cost I really try to tell them about the hidden value of joining this little band of brothers. Once you get it you really understand that building the car is easy and not really all that much money. The question is what are these pictures worth? To me they are priceless.

Next year will be the fifth, Whats the thing for the fifth anniversary? Fiberglass?

Howard Jones

Let's see,
Pinzini has a finished RCR, although I think he has it disassembled right now fixing something, and where were you Mr. Buckley? I was thinking we were going to be treated to your beautiful CAV. Next year I hope you and Bill show, it's only about 2 hours from your house. :)

Howard, ask your wife.....somehow I doubt it's 'fiberglass' :p

I hope to make it next year with my RCR. Is there someplace close by we can stay the night after the party before we leave for home?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What has happened to Faili Farhard the self styled President of the State of Kalifornia?

I've missed his posts on here of late and he used to make it to Howard's for the beer!

Great pictures and group of cars.

Now how about a GT40 train of cars - come from UK to USA in containers and then a drive across USA to gate crash your party? Then back into a container and ship it home - now that would be a holiday!

Ian

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ya FRED. What happened to ya? I'll be nice but you better not use I'll be in Mexico next year or we'll all drive over to your house and have a party there!

Bill, next year we can store your car over night in my garage and I'll drive you over to the Hilton, Super 8, Motel 6 etc, your preference. I'll come and get you in the morning and you can leave the next day. I have several hotel/motels within a 3-5 mile radius of my home.

I'm going back to Saturday next year so it will be really easy to make this happen.

Howy, Mexico excuse can only be used once! SO, I WILL be there next year, especially if I am NOT invited. Happy BDAY to Bud, the youngster.

Ian, I have actually been employed the last couple of years (unfortunately), causing me to become “Thick as a brick”. I am certain (and hopeful) to be unemployed in the "very" near future, removing all excuses not to attend Howy’s party, next year.

Howie,
Superb get together ,better every year ! Great videos ,tales and eats .I hope your missus was not too fazed with the mess we left .Faili ,we know your not in Mexico and we are coming to get you next year if you no show .Missed the blingmeister and you could have helped us with Bud's birthday cake because we could not finish it ,took six of us to blow the candles out. Just realised that Bud took the pictures and no picture of Bud. Only hope I look that good at 73 and have that much enthusiasm ,good on you mate (For our Australian brethren) . Picture for sure next year. The Norcal GT40 award "Bud's spurs "were voted on and next year we are promised the video by the lucky recipient.Actually just the audio of the evenings events will be oK !
There looks like all kinds of plans for new cars on the horizon and I think that the idea for a Norcal - Socal get together midway at Pismo Beach is an excellent idea. All we will need is some ribbed sand tires on Mesa's new RC project to make that an interesting day in the Pismo dunes !
At least we did'nt talk about the Rugby world cup .............

Back