PLEASE READ THIS *DELETED*

Re: PLEASE READ THIS

Hey Ron,
Once again thanks for all your dedication and hard work to the forum. Could I also ask once again if you could send Paypal info so I could show appreciation, it won't be much at the moment due to a little thing of getting married in 4 1/2 weeks. Else, I'll send you some of John S's logo gear as a thankyou for your dedication /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brett

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]

Else, I'll send you some of John S's logo gear as a thankyou for your dedication /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume you will order it and just put the delivery address as Ron's, otherwise you'd be paying 2 lots of trans-Atlantic postage (money which could be saved and sent to Ron via Paypal)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

PS, I too am still looking for details as to where to send a donation, though depending when this appears it might have to wait until I come back off holiday (again). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

For new(ish) people
http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=7409&Forum=All_Forums&Words=paypal&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=7396&Search=true#Post7409
i hope that is the link to the last time Ron asked for contributions, if not, do a search for contributions and you will find it. I DO NOT know if that info is still valid or not. I think posting that info in a section so popular makes it disappear real quick to the point that within a month, people dont know that donations are something to think about.

Good Idea guys but I think Ol'Ronny boy would rather have cash.
Keep an eye on the site nothing new at this point but I have amazing crystals that have a 3D image of a GT lazered inside of it. I just can't get a photo of it that does justice. All I can say is it is REALLY cool. You definatly have never seen anything like it before. The image is 3D and rotating the glass you can pick out everything from the radiator hoses to the stick and engine, webbers, gas caps mirrors, guages etc. Over 10,000 different faces in all.
Now how to photograph it.
John

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]

Now how to photograph it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A holograph of course! Actually a holograph of a GT40 would be quite a cool thing in itself.

Ah, but how to show them sensibly on the web-site? Tricky.
How about a close up video clip with them being turned?

A bunch of us with M5's got some of those made for our cars and they look fantastic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No Guys this isn't a holograph. It is a block of solid crystal that has a 3 dimensional image lazered inside of it.
Very cool but very hard to discribe. I will get pictures up soon I just want to set the GT40 logo in the glass as a additional affect. I'll give it a shot atleast the best I can do with it.
Maybe once you computer friendly guys order one you can do that quick time thing for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is really unique but then again I love crystals and things like that. You will too.
John

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
No Guys this isn't a holograph.

[/ QUOTE ]

John, I wasn't suggesting it was a holograph, but that that would be the way to "photograph" such an object such that you could appreciate the actual object. I have some nice holographs of 3D objects.

I went on to add that a holograph of a GT40 would also be quite cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, though someone would have to take one into the "studio" (unless they used a model).

The video clip (Quick Time or other) is probably the easiest way to show it (or a holograph) on your web site though.

Cheers,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

PS I sent a donation via PayPal last night.
Keep up the good work Ron.

Cheers,

Max

Back