PW Tornado Build pics

Oh I love this forum for the Shining WHit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ally battery box.

Attachments

• 36852-BattBox.jpg
    36852-BattBox.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,302
Great job Paul,
You're doing a heck of a job on assembly of this chassis as the photos clearly show the neatness of the build. Keep us updated. I may not post or reply alot but I'm really paying attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's really neat to see how different approaches are taken to build the same car.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Hersh - Haven't decided on the beige carpet or not yet ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul-

The sequence of photos is great for us new-comers. You are doing a fantastic job building your car. At this pace, you will be on the road by mid-summer.

BTW - I kept wondering why the aluminum had a bluew tint. Then I noticed it appears to be some sort of covering. Is it to protect the aluminum from damage?

Thanks
Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

Yes ,the blue plastic is to protect the ally from scratches and also keep it's high shine - as it dulls over time. Obviously it's best to leave it on as long as possible but you need to remove the edges to rivet the panel. On smaller panels I have totally removed it as it's hardly covering anything by the time the rivets are done.

Waitnig for parts to arive so fitted the spider / started preping the rear clip.
Made a frame to adjust the clip height.

Attachments

• 38059-RearClip.jpg
    38059-RearClip.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,234
Spent the last few days making a pedal box - with a bit of help from a local machinist. (OK alot of help !!!)

Attachments

• 38756-PedalBox.jpg
    38756-PedalBox.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,389
I've made a wooden rack for it !!!! (So I can take it to have a rack made)
It would be difficult to move otherwise.
Should have the springs/shocks on in the next few days - wahoo lower it onto the floor. I know the wheels look terrible, they are a donor set of Granada wheels. (temporary)

Attachments

• 39794-DonorWheels.jpg
    39794-DonorWheels.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,360
It stands on its own wheels !!! Finally lost the blue strings.

Attachments

• 40053-SpringsBulkhead.jpg
    40053-SpringsBulkhead.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,416

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hell I liked the blue string suspension, sad to see them
go. Guess I'll just have to console myself by pondering the
wooden steering arm.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good progress keep the pics coming.

Found that the old BMW 7 series driving light fits in the lower recess.

Attachments

• 40382-DrLight.jpg
    40382-DrLight.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,299
Paul

Great progress, and appreciate the continuous posts...
makes me feel guilty...will have to work in the garage
tonight after work.

MikeD

Back