PW Tornado Build pics

UN1-013 with SBF bellhousing.

Attachments

• 46379-un1gearbox.jpg
    46379-un1gearbox.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,363
Paul,
I see in your profile your hobbies are going fast. Does that include building your GT40 ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You really are movin' right along. Nice work too. I really like your partner. He seems to get in the pictures now and then. Is he a Belgium shepard ?

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL - Yes Hersh does include the car ,can't stand having the car of my dreams in the garage and I can't even start her up !
Won't be long now before I can fire up the engine for the first time - I rebuilt the engine before I got the chassis.
Did I read that you are putting in a different engine in your car ?
If so what are your reasons for the change ?

Almost forgot - My build assistant is an all Black German Shepherd or alsation who answers to the name Arthur . I have another more lazy husky cross who's called Harry. I'm not sure whether to fit a passenger seat or a dog rug.

Attachments

• 46473-Pooches.jpg
    46473-Pooches.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,108
A couple of fine lookin' friends you have there Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'm swapping out the motor for one that has a little more punch to it.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No pics for a while as I have been working. Finally got the brakes / clutch bled properly and now I have a smooth operating accelerator pedal.

Attachments

• 48478-EngineFront.jpg
    48478-EngineFront.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,414
Paul-

You are making spectacular progress. Q: What are you going to use to cover the dash? And will you drill the gauge/switch holes before or after it's covered?

Thanks
Bill D

Hi Bill,
To start with I'm just going to spray it black as the switches have to be bunched up behind the steering wheel in order to pass UK SVA. Once it's through I'll have it covered with leather and move the switches into the usual locations. I will have to cut all of the holes before it's covered as you make the holes slightly oversize to allow the leather to lip over into the inside.

Paul-

My girlfriend and I might come to England next year to see the Tornado plant. By chance, may we come and pay a visit?

Regards
Bill

It's been a while since I've posted mainly because there haven't been any pictures of stuff I have done. I put oil in the gearbox, the clutch and brakes are all bled and work. The accelerator is operational and I've been working on a gearchange setup. I have just got the car back from having a custom roll cage fitted here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 51538-PWRollbar2.jpg
    51538-PWRollbar2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,405
Paul-

The car is really coming along beautifully. I would love to see some pictures of the front brakes.

Thanks
Bill D

Thanks Bill / Pete,

Heres the front brake pic. Granada MK2 UK standard - probably the first upgrade after SVA.

Attachments

• 51794-FrontCal.jpg
    51794-FrontCal.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,369
Back