PW Tornado Build pics

I've been snowed under at work for the past couple of weeks so not much progress - anyway here's an update.
Rear window cut out of bulkhead.

Attachments

• 42178-Rearwindow.jpg
    42178-Rearwindow.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,165
Did my first bit of fibreglass molding and made some headlight rear covers.
And a bracket to hold the front clip.

Attachments

• 42180-Headlightcover.jpg
    42180-Headlightcover.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,275
Pretty neat Paul, I like the 7 series lights in there, but just as a matter of interest, where are your indicators going to be ? Nice work, I still cannot get to work on mine yet, don't ask, it's a long story!
Murray

Hi Murray,

I haven't decided what to do yet - kind of depends on what I can get. There is enough space to put a small bulb next to the driving light - maybe the small round peugeot unit I've seen on a few cars. Ideally I can also find one of the round domed amber glass units to put on the outside of the wing between the light lenses and the wheel arch - like some of the originals had.

Paul,
Are you going SVA, as if you did that it would not pass (if I am visualising correctly), remember the angles that 50% of the unit has to be seen from....

Brett

I think for SVA you have to mount an indicator inside the headlamp recess temporarily as It's too low elsewhere - also if the front clip is open you need to be able to see the hazard lights. I think you just make the front clip open about 2 foot from the base of the screen.
Nice job on the mag by the way.

P.

Paul,
As a thought, if ou were going to go Gulf colours, then you could put a square indicator in the front of the headlight recess, like some of the JWA cars?

Brett

Engine front cover - needs a bulge fitting into it once I get the engine fitted.

Attachments

• 42917-Enginecover.jpg
    42917-Enginecover.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,302
Thanks Bill - I had a few weeks off work when I first got the kit so got loads done. I haven't actually had much time lately as work got busy again but things should calm down a bit for the next few weeks. I'm fortunate in the fact that I get days off in the week so I never get stuck for a part because the shops are shut. I picked up a few parts last week so I'm now fitting them.

Ron Earp

Admin
That glass work looks good on the doors and the fit. Nice work and it looks like Tornado has good bits there.

Thanks Ron - I just bought a flat piece of polycarb from a local plastic supplier and cut it to size. My doors are actually just sat on small blocks of wood to check the spider fits ok - it's going to have to come off in a couple of weeks as I'm having a rollbar put in. I seem to have got the drivers side of the spider perfect but can't seem to get the passenger side right - it's perfect apart from the corner nearest the rear viem mirror sits 1/4 inch high. I'm wondering if the door lift brackets will be strong enough to pull it down into place.

Back