R C R Nemesis

Fran,

Just reading an article in Automotive News by James Wamack about GM needing a new Sloan.

With what you have done at RCR, the Government should consider you for that top job !!!

whoa - Whoa - WHOA!!!!

Throw Fran into the maw of Government?
  1. That would be the end of any innovation ever coming from Fran,
  2. The political machine that is Government devours the innovative, not the other way around, and
  3. I thought we liked Fran here, i.e. What is it about Fran that makes one think: "Yeah, he'd be perfect in a government job.:shocked:"

There are a couple of little tricks that will keep the Nemesis servicable and on track for longer...
Modular suspension points that are removable and replaceable in the event of taking a corner off the car...
Universal uprights..
Universal control arms
Universal rockers
Quick adjust Camber control function...for F and R upper arms.

This is sounding very good, as operating expense is probably even more important to me than initial cost. I have no experience with bike-engine cars, but hear tales of Radical owners rebuilding engines every 25 hours. Granting that I will not be that hard core brutal a driver, and the lower weight Nemesis means less stress, can anyone hazard an estimate of engine maintenance considering, say 10 track days (not race days) a year and performance tires (eg. Toyo R888), not slicks.

This is sounding very good, as operating expense is probably even more important to me than initial cost. I have no experience with bike-engine cars, but hear tales of Radical owners rebuilding engines every 25 hours. Granting that I will not be that hard core brutal a driver, and the lower weight Nemesis means less stress, can anyone hazard an estimate of engine maintenance considering, say 10 track days (not race days) a year and performance tires (eg. Toyo R888), not slicks.

I ran a bike-engined race car for several years (Legends car with a Yamaha FJ) and the engine/trans life was pretty good. Specifically, we could easily get 20-40 race weekends on them before they would show signs of wear. If you didn't want to run at the sharp end of the grid, you could run them longer- just keep the valves adjusted and the oil clean and cool, and they will last for a very long time-- at least our cars did. Once you find the weaknesses of your engine (on the Yamahas it was a weak intake cam and weak rods, both of which had solutions) you will probably have a very reliable drivetrain, at least if our experience in the Legends cars is any measure.

Enough people run the Busas in cars now that there is probably a site like this one discussing how to keep them humming-- I just haven't looked.

-Will

Fran, Do you think there is enough room in the Nemesis for a car transmission?

I think if I went with a Nemesis I'd want to put an H2Busa engine in it
www.h1v8.com Which means a car transmission. I've been impressed with www.dpcars.net experience running the H1V8 in an Atom for the last several years. The main advantage being reliability of the engine and a traditional transmission.

Hartley can make a bellhousing adapter for any transmission I would want, Just not sure anything will actually fit.

how is the engine mounted in the car now? parallel or perpendicular to the car's axis?

H2_rear_side_view1.JPG

How would a SLC compare to this on this track? What about a SL R? Was this a stock Busa engine? Has anyone run one with a modified Busa engine? Is it possible to run a Busa engine setup like this in the SLR?

Jim

No bike engine set up available for the SL-R as the engine bay is shorter than the Nemesis...the wheelbase for the Nemesis is longer than the SL-R too.

All three Superlite cars have their niche...

Nemesis is light and agile with paddle shift...real open wheel experience..just waiting to see someone do a turbo 'busa installation....corner speed is king..
SL-R can be mild to wild and easily streetable..with power from 200 to 500hp, like the Nemesis in many ways but you can scare the poop out a passenger too...
SL-C is the Daddy for real high speed and it has a roof....nothing can replace big V8 punch off the corner...

Superlite Nemesis

OK...time for an update on the Nemesis....

She is going to be a movie star in 2013...I know some of the regular guys know but I am not allowed to put it in print yet...so please dont spill the beans if you do already know...

Its a blockbuster movie and it will be seriously cool...

We have also been playing with a car engine/trans installation that will be online in the new year too.

The engine is the older VW 2.0L...the engine is an OBD1 package and is very easy to wire, the internals of the engine are overbuilt , low compression and a bolt on turbo system is readily avaialble in the aftermarket.
The transaxle is the Audi A4/Passat 5 speed .
This is a longitudinal package and will essentially be a true formula car layout..

The drivetrain is all bolt together with standard VW/Audi parts so no re-engineering or adapter plates needed...

Using the car drivetran will allow more States to register the car for the street but it also gives more torque and a reverse gear...which the Hayabusa package was lacking.
The Hayabusa chassis package will still be available but I have a feeling the VW powertrain will be the more popular one.

Please dont ask..."will XYZ engine fit with ABC transaxle"....this is the drivetrain that we will be packaging as an OEM ...and it will be the only one we as a factory will support

Back