Race Tracks - Australia

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Another entertaining thread courtesy of the GMeister. For some reason every time I read another one of Georgie's ramblings I think of two things. Both involve biting off more than he can chew...

Kid-eating-watermelon.jpg

2868348886_aed9d8eee8.jpg

I didn't bother ready all your posts George but...

1. No track day will be $160 absolute cost. All the consumables will make it a $500 outing. If it is your street car you might not be paying the $$ upfront but you will in the following months in the form of tyres, brakes and other breakage.

2. Karting isn't that cheap either. I was racing 3 club meets a month and it was still probably averaging ~$1000 / month in total expenses. Not sure what your 'drifting' story has to do with anything, by far the slowest way around the track.

3. The absolute cheapest way for you to get some track time will be to buy something like an Mx5 as described. They are pretty light on consumables which will be one of your biggest expenses.

4. You make it sound like you think motorsport is like playing GT4. Push button, appear at track, beat competitors and come home with price money put up by an imaginary source.

If you have to question why people go to the track, its probably not for you.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The MX5 IS the best entry level racing in Aus. for the budget conscience and fun.

Aaand, forgot to mention apparel and safety stuff :- Helmut -Hans device- balaclava - goggles - intercom. Suit FIA std. wool underwear - cool vest etc etc. Race boots - socks. Gloves .
Safety harness , Fire extinguisher .

All this stuff and more is "lifed" maybe 5 - 10 years. Gloves and boots will probably show deteriation after a season.

"There's another few thousand hard earned"!.

Not to mention the all important in car camera :blank: or other timing/ data/ devices.

Good luck with that:heart:

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Michael, you would be supprised howmuch of that watermellon would fit :laugh::laugh:

Tim, I never played those games. I was asking so I know how people in general do it and where they do it, so I have some sort of expectation rather than some imaginary figure with nothing to go off to only go and then get a rude reality check.

Thanks for MX5 Idea, but, I never owned a Jap car and probbably never will. The MX5 looks like a box made for a girl. To me, I would rather take my 68 Charger and beat around the course if anything.

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for MX5 Idea, but, I never owned a Jap car and probbably never will. The MX5 looks like a box made for a girl. To me, I would rather take my 68 Charger and beat around the course if anything.

MX5s (Miatas) are fabulous race cars. 1000s of laps behind the wheel in them on various tracks. There isn't a better bang for the buck for wheel to wheel racing.

And yep, it'll beat your Charger around the track too, with only 130 hp at the wheel, unless your Charger has 10s of 1000s of dollars in it or the track is just a straight line. Yes, when setup right they are that good.

Broaden your horizons and learn. Probably everyone here, no matter what they race now, has probably done some learning on an MX5. I'd like to race a (insert supercar here), but wheel to wheel racing is expensive and I can't afford to do it in a (supercar). So, I race things I can afford like Miatas, Z cars, Mustangs, etc. The racer is closer, there is more of it, and it is a fantastic hobby.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Guys

I believe the problem with Gman is that he has found a car that he thinks will elevate his status and bragging rights that he lacks in his life without fully comprehending what is required to build and own a 40.

He has no racing experience and no mechanical ability to be able to build his own 40, which would give him some appreciation of what a 40 is, rather he is in love with the presumed adulation he thinks he would receive by owning a 40 he has done nothing other than part with dollars to own.

I have all the time in the world for people who ask questions in an effort to genuinely learn and use the knowledge and have helped several forum members personally and made some really good genuine friends through the forum.

I believe Gman has wasted a lot of time of the members of this forum, myself included, on whatever his agenda may be but I doubt it will be about owning a 40 for all the right reasons.

Dimi

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Dimi

Unfortunatelly, that was the wrong assumption. I could care less what people think. Owning a GT40 to have whatever you said, status, pride whatever, is ridiculous. If that is trully what I wanted, I would want a Ferrari as a GT40 is 'just a ford'. What do you deem the right reason to own a car? It is your opinion only. To me, owning a GT40, is not because I am mechanical and wish to build the car, to me, mechanical work is annoying and I dont care for it one bit. This is why I will pay for the car to get built by those that DO enjoy that kind of work while I do the things I enjoy doing. I want the car because

A: The way it looks, is awesome.
B: It sounds absolutely good.
C: It feels very firm/race like (I assume given I havent been in one but have been in other high end cars like the F355)
D: Its a nice light car with good power-weight ratio
E: Its different from the general cars that are seen on the road.

I dont need status, nor do I care for status. All status is "im important" when really, the person is no better than a garbage collector. It just gives people ego, and I feel sorry for people that only seek 'status'. So please, dont accuse me of the very thing I hate.

Now, going by the above reasons, am I not alowed to pay somebody to build me a GT40 simply because its an awesome car I like the look of and would love to drive?

I dont need to be mechanicaly inclined to drive a car I think looks good. And I dont have to burden myself with things I dont like to be 'qualified' in other peoples eyes to drive the car I like. Do you know why I baught my 68 Charger? Because its the best looking muscle car on the planet. Thats about it. I havent worked on it, others have that know what there doing. I got it because its a tough looking car that was fun to cruise in and it had a nice big engine in the front. Why do people spend milions on stupid paintings that just sit on a damn wall? Milions of dollars to stare at a picture? Are you for real? Well, can they themself paint? Probbably not, so why did they pay all that? Cause they can and wanted to have that picture on there wall. They dont need to be a painter to own a picture they like just like I dont have to be a mechanic to own a car I like.

To me the GT40 is the same thing, not about status, or image or whatever. Looks good, feels good, sounds good, goes good and thus fun to drive. Nothing More, Nothing Less.

Thanks Ron for your feedback. I dont mind if the Charger would be slower, gotta drive what a person likes to drive. I wont have much fun in something I could care less for, that being an mx5. Also to get an MX5 would mean spending money on something I dont want which Im not going to do. Im going to own one car and thats it. I just wanted to know where I could have fun with the 1 car Im going to own.

Thanks for the wakefield place, they said 120 dollars to drive on their track per weekday. No other costs. *shrugs*

Last edited:
That last comment suggests you have missed the point.

The additional 'hidden' costs are the biggest problem. Doesn't matter what car, consumables will add up.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hidden costs such as?

I dont count Fuel, Tires, Brakes etc as that is wear and tear driving the car like that. Whether I drive on street or track like that, that cost is going to be what it is. Im just counting the cost of the track.

Ron Earp

Admin
That last comment suggests you have missed the point.

And a lot of the other points. Can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I'm done with the troll.

trollsfeed1.jpg

He's already stated he's getting a Ferrari F355 next. Maybe he'll get on better on the FerrariChat board? Let's hope he does.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ron, the nature of my business = having different cars. Thats all in the process of getting the GT40.

And your troll nonsense is nonsense. The Track themself said 120 Dollars for the day, just bring myself and car.

You say "Hidden costs".

I say "I dont count general wear and tear as part of the cost"

You say "Your a troll cant be helped"

Ok

so

A: Your a liar and your heads in your ass
B: Wakefield racetrack is lieing when they said $120 for the day, and bring myself and car.

So, which 1 is it?

There lieing because once I get there they will charge me X Y Z even though they said no other costs, or you are.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Damn , it started out to be an interesting thread -- made me realise why we go racing -- its pointless ! ---but, it did help me to refine various engineered components for maximum performance

Ron Earp

Admin
A: Your a liar and your heads in your ass
B: Wakefield racetrack is lieing when they said $120 for the day, and bring myself and car.

So, which 1 is it?

There lieing because once I get there they will charge me X Y Z even though they said no other costs, or you are.

I suspect you're convinced I'm a liar and my head is in my ass. That's fine, differences of opinion are encouraged on the board. Good luck with your track day.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
I said its either

A:
B:

You guys keep telling me 'hidden' costs.

I said "I dont count wear and tear"

So what 'hidden costs' are there then since its implied that there are costs aside from wear and tear that this place is clearly not telling me?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I would say the major cost is going to be the first time you approach a decreasing radius turn at a high rate of speed in your uber carbon fiber, Enzo killing GT40, and your mad driving skills are unable to cash the check that your mouth has been writing for weeks? Just a guess on my part G...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
PS I'm trying to ascertain if you're using some form of Aussie King's English or if you're really as illiterate as it appears? Might I suggest you invest in a good college "edumication" before you mortgage your future on a purely luxury item like a GT40. That or at least buy a house first G...

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
So you are insulting how I speak now to?

Sorry, I dont speak like an american, you dont like it, GTFO of my face then.

It would appere that you have a deep seated envy in your life. When someone like myself has a vision on what he would like to achieve, you get all cut up because you obviously dont have and perhaps cant afford either, so instead of being happy that someone has a vision he would like to achieve, you abuse, ridicule etc the person because, why should they have what YOU cant. Get over yourself and stop bagging on a car thats clearly going to DESTROY what you have in performance. Is that the issue? Or is the issue that someone without mechanical knowledge and race experience is going to have something more capable than what you own? I would have thought you matured by now, guess not.

Tom - RCR 950-1000kg at best in race trim (no carpert, no air con etc), Tornados car with air con, in full interior trim weighs 1000kg. It only gets lighter from there. Sorry but you gave me mis-information. I searched that thread you spoke of and you clearly missed a person saying his TSC car weighed in 950 or so kg with a full tank of fuel. From the feedback I have had in email, to what you just said now, its clear to me that RCR produce false information, is that how you guys do business?

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Back