Race Tracks - Australia

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanks Keith.

I have only ever imported cars pre 1971, so Luxury car tax, ADRs, Compliance and so forth I have never seen or heard of needing.

I mean, when I saw this company about the F355 and he told me there is luxury car tax of 12,000 on it... i was like "luxury..err... what was that again?" his response was "Something the government can take $ on that has no purpose, except for the fact, they can"

So yeah, I wont need to worry about any of those things, as the car I get will be fully complianced and registered to Australian standards, and thus, it will have road registration on it so I can simply pick up and drive. They are going to cover all those bits for me so that I dont have to worry about it.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
George
The guys you are talking about are handling cars from production manufacturers and these cars although not available in Australia would already have a RAWS certification number allocated to them to make them eligible for importation.

A ford GT already has a RAWS cert number to allow import.
A GT40 does not and would fall under re engineering approval in the state involved.
Not easy.
Dimi

Back