more!

Attachments

• 75506-120_2014-2.JPG
    75506-120_2014-2.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,267

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Looking good Ron - when do you plan on shooting the color?

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to let the primer dry for a month or two before it gets painted.
I will work on the chassis in the mean time.

WOW! You've really made a lot of progress. How are you going to mount your driving lights? I screwed mine up big time.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Great job, Ron. I was beginning to wonder why you've been keeping so quiet. Now I know! I look forward to following your progress so please keep up the posts (and great work!)

Best regards from your fellow cat owner... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark

Ron McCall

Supporter
Scott:I have been busting my ass.I think that between work and the car I've been averaging about 100hrs a week!
Dave: The tires are BF Goodrich 225/50/15 and 295/50/15s
I will most likely change to a Hoosier race tire shortly after the car is completed.I don't think the BFGs will last tooo long against 670hp!!!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron-

Looks like you decided to go with the Round driving lights, are you going to mount them with the lamp buckets from the front like the 1075 car or have you come up with another scheme?

Also did the Rear Clip hold down pins/brackets come with the car or did you make them up?

Sandy

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Ron,
I can't believe how fast your build is progressing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps a bunch when the quality of the replica is this good!!!

Sandy,
I haven't totally figured out exactly how I will mount the lights yet. I have an idea but I'm open to other ideas.
The body latches are from Pegasus and the other parts are custom made by a friend with a huge amount of talent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif
He has made numerous small parts for me that have helped tremendously.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,
Looking great!!!
I just picked mine up too. Fran has been great to work with and I agree about the quality. Beats the sh_t out of the FFR cars I've built.
What light are you using for the driving lights?

Ron McCall

Supporter
I'm using a 540 series 5 1/4" PIAA driving light.
Congrats on your car!!
What are your plans for it(engine,trans,color etc...)

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
A few folks have done the driving lights mounted from the back with what it looks like no front flange (BMW 735 Lights on one of the other threads). I was looking at the 1075 car that looks like they just put the buckets in from the front and was done with it. Not so pretty, but looks somewhat hard core. I'll likely give that a shot. I have seen some of the off road POD mounts that I found. The big problem is size, usually huge 6-7".

Here's one link for pods in Piaa catalog-

http://www.davenportracingusa.com/piaa_brochure_large.pdf

Or the more common bucket approach as seen near the bottom of the page. They also have some cool looking glass too. This is likely what I'll try looks pretty easy and easy to adjust too.

http://www.holden.co.uk/viewProducts.asp...hting&group=010

They sell these at a bunch of the UK lights and spares places, I don't know who has them in the USA (in 5.75")

Sandy

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Ron, lowdown is:
Engine: 1966 289CID, stoked to 306, Keith Black hyper U high dome pistons on floating pins, custom alum heads, Webers, cam: (.549/.561 lift 221/225 @50 duration), roller lifts, roller rocks blah blah etc etc.
Trans: 1973 Pantera ZF-2
Color: Gulf....what else!
Currently building the motor. Should be a bad momma. Heads flowed at 269.2 int / 224.2 exh @ .550 lift. As compared to Vic Jrs. 279.5 int / 192 exh @ .550 lift. Can't wait to give it life.

Sandy I like the look of those Cibies. They just look vintage...

I have a set of Hella off road lights, which I will look over carefully. Dims. are about: OA 4.5" Lense dia 4.2" (application is the roof of a jeep liberty)

I would like to be able to use the turn signals also. Are you guys planning are using the signals too, or just the driving lights?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I got a set of the L488 Marker Lights from BillD, which are basically the round Cobra type tail lights, will use them as fender mounted turn lights. Also some of the euro headlamps have a parking lamp, that might be useable as a non-approved turn indicator (toss in an orange bulb). Also I found some mounts for aircraft HID lamps at one point, but they were expensive and sized for the PAR 36 (4.5") aircraft bulbs.

Also check out the lights at Daniel Stern (been mentioned before)

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

Sandy

Back