RCR rod selector

'Ello

Has anyone out there fitted a rod selector to a RH drive RCR, pictures would be good (I am attaching to a Quaife ZF-Q).

To provide a little more cockpit room I am looking at replacing the RCR supplied selector with a narrower smaller unit and one of the options I have found (Southern GT in house unit) is set up for rod.

Regards to all

John

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
John,

Like you, my RCR is right-hand drive, right-hand shift and I was also interested in improving the interior room of the cabin. In the end, basically, the right side fuel tank was modified to accept the RCR supplied cable shifter; the shifter and cables were moved to the right after the fuel tank was 'notched'. After the mod, the increased legroom and improvement in driver comfort is remarkable, not to mention that moving the shifter several inches to the right has made getting into and out of the car far easier.

Have a look HERE and HERE for examples. Although it's not the rod selector you're leaning towards, the end result turned out real nice!

Fran may have other, more detailed photos of this chassis mod. Shoot him an email if you think it might work.

Best,

T.

T

Many thanks for that, looks an excellent solution. However I have bag tank which would not take kindly to recesses in the mono (which I guess is what Fran did for you) in order to move the selector further right.

Best wishes

John

Back