Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've done that 100% successfully with my TR7V8

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have added with standard cork gaskets on the Rover motor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards

Chris, if you have another run made, I will buy a set. Do you have any plans to do a Gurney - Eagle valve cover?

Thanks

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
If you have no machining facilities available then you could use cast aluminium valve cover spacers.
They are readily available to suit most engines and come in various depths. Try Blue Thunder Auto for starters.
Doubling up on any gasket is realy poor engineering standards.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,
I too may be interested in a set of covers. If you make another run of them, please let me know.
Thanks,

Gents...Chris is picking up the next shipment of covers this weekend...BUT....they will not be here until my container arrives from the UK .....another 6 weeks basically...but dont fret as soon as I have them here you will all be notified...

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bill D look in Jegs. They have a alum. spacer that raises the valve cover 1/2 inch. You use 2 gaskets but they are not stacked on top of each other, one goes below the spacer and seals it to the head and the other is between the top of the spacer and the valve cover as normal.. I think the cost of the spacer is about 125 bucks. I would more than likely cost that much to get them machined to fit over rockers unless you can do it youself.

Hi all

I now have ten sets available so either contact me or Fran Hall

Regards

Chris Melia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back