Roaring Forties #81

Got the cut off wheel out the this past weekend.

Attachments

• 72154-DCP_1329.JPG
    72154-DCP_1329.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 591
Mark, your right, I already made the modification to accept the G50/50. I just didn't like the square tube hanging down that low so I raised it and installed two 1/2" rod ends at either end, makes adjusting the body much easier.

Simon

Attachments

• 72203-DCP_1358.JPG
    72203-DCP_1358.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 607
Great job Simon , the "push bar" has been haunting me and I was thinking of doing a similar thing. It sure cleans up the back of the car in your picture . Regards, Dan

Thanks Dan, No more equalizer hitch. I just picked up the paint so I better get busy.

I was supposed to be in Tulsa this weekend with my wife to visit family. I talked her into going to the Chili bowl one night but have a job deadline so stayed behind to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Simon

Still not quite finished yet but went for a drive yesterday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Simon

Attachments

• 78841-IMG_0096.jpg
    78841-IMG_0096.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 578
I want to thank Bob Lacy with Vintage wheels for for a great product. I wish everyone was as pleasant to do business with.

Simon

Attachments

• 78844-IMG_0100.jpg
    78844-IMG_0100.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 577
Beautiful car Simon. Nothing beats the Gulf cars for me.
Set nice and low.

Any problems with scraping road surfaces?
What clearances are you running?

Thanks John,
I have to tell you that when I started this dream several years ago I said that my car would never be painted the Gulf colors. But as time went on every time I looked at one it just excited me more than any other color.

As for the ride height, I started with 4" on the front and 4.5" rear but the springs seem to have settled some so will raise her up some more. It did bottom out a couple times on the front which is now at 3.5".

Mark, I still have to finish some of the interior, fire system and would like to find the side windows with hardware.

Simon

Oh! I also got this thing last week and the Tec3 stuff should be here in a few days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 78865-IMG_0102.jpg
    78865-IMG_0102.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 545
Back