Roaring Forties #95 - 4.6 quadcam

Fingers crossed for Tim that the reason wew haven't heard from him is that he received his car and has been too busy driving it to reply.

Hi Folks,
I have been staying off the forum, because i just didn't know what to say about this whole mess. Anyway, short & sweet:
Yes i do have my car. I DID pay for it in FULL. It has not been at RF factory since x-mas. I am having to finish off much of it myself, to the tune of around $15,000 i think. And registration will be a whole new ball game! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif
Hopefully any new onwner of Roaring Forties will pick up the "4.6 ball" and run with it. There are a few 4.6's around that will need to be registered at some point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Tim,

I thought that your car was the "test victim" for low volume compliance of turnkey RF 4.6's, & that it had passed all the tests.

If that is the case, and the overall RF business is bought by a "white knight" as a going (resurrected) concern, surely the LV compliance status would pass to the new owner of the business (and hence would see your car passed automatically) ??

Even if that were not to be the case, the test documentation for LV compliance (based on your car) would have to be enough to nail the ICV requirements to the wall (perhaps with a little "adjustment" as to who actually built what & when).

Either way, I would have thought you had a huge head-start on the whole rego thing ?

Let us know if you think we can help in any way.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Yes Peter, what you say is exactly the case. It's just that we were soooo close. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif We will get there sooner or later.

Tim a very big PHEW to you. I hope the remainder of your build goes well. I am sure many people such as myself would love to see some pictures now that it has been painted.

Regards

Jack

Tim

Are you still on the forum?

I visited the factory some time ago when they were originally welding up the exhausts with the cats in it. I think it had two smaller pre-cats each side, so that they could get them as close as possible to the engine where the exhaust gas is hottest – apparently they work better at higher temperatures.

Anyway, I saw a few posts on one of the OZ lotus forms, of a Red and Silver striped RF, Quad Cam, 17”BRM’s with spinners looked good, hope it’s the same car and that it is now on the road.

Ryan

Back