Rugby World Cup

Well. In the news today the Poms are complaining that they have not got the ball that scored the winning goal.Now I have nothing against the Poms, in fact England is my favourite third world country but this is just too much. This is the country that will not release the "ashes" because they are to fragile to travel. What a laugh. Regards

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Why would we want the bloody thing? I say let the Poms Have it.They can present it to Wilkenson when they Knight Him. You are right about the Ashes though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've just watched the England team parade the cup right past our office, and I have to say, it brought a lump to my throat. The number of people, the noise, the atmosphere, the singing, the cheering, the whole spectacle.

Honestly, it had to be seen to be believed.

It reminded me of the advert at Marylebone Station here in London. A huge poster of the England team lineup beneath the slogan:

"It's been 200 years since we sent this many dangerous men to Australia".

Well, it amused me......

Charles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
In the local Sainsbury ( like a 7-11 but bigger) they were handing out dvd discs of the highlights of the England Rugby Team recent successes. I asked if it was possible to get the highlights of the Australian Rugby Team (many of the staff are antipodeans). Total silence broke out.
Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I must say that the English Fans that visited Oz for the cup were great sportsmen and women, who really enjoyed the games and themselves.Give youselves a collective pat on the back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif IMHO you are all welcome to visit anytime.
As long as you promise not to sing swing low sweet chariot!!!

Yes Pete you are right. It was a great event and although there was a winner there were no losers. Regards

Well, actually there was one loser - The Wallabies!

After all we can't be that humble when we occasionally win something can we. I know the reaction would not have been so muted if the Aussies had come in first, you've only gotta read the sledging before the event!!

Attachments

• 26761-englishwine.jpg
    26761-englishwine.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 254
Nice one Dave !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
HeHeHeHeh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HILLY

Supporter
That’s not sledging Dave. If we were sledging the moderator would have had his hands full. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif At least we stuck our necks out before we knew the result. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif We Aussies don’t mind engaging in a bit of patriotic repartee and often can take as good as we give and more importantly can see the humorous side to it all.
All jokes aside, the best team on the night and probably the tournament did win. I think the Aussies would have been much more disappointed if we were leading the whole way and were beaten by a field goal at the death rather than coming from behind to stay in the match as we did.
You guys have been waiting a long time for this and no one would begrudge you the satisfaction of your teams achievement – enjoy it while you can. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thought what they did to Our Opera House was a bit rough!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 26791-Opera-House.jpg
    26791-Opera-House.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 283
You guys are taking this very well - it's appreciated. By the way, I've just seen an X-Ray of Sir Martin Johnson and copied it below - interesting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rob

Attachments

• 26820-johnson.jpg
    26820-johnson.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 246
Well,what goes around comes around and the Poms were sent packing last night with a 51/15 wipeout,in the first return match since the World Cup. It was sort of like taking a bucket of snowballs to a gunfight. Regards

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Right on Norman!! And I reckon Wilkenson is only worth
about 30 points so we still would have won. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It was sort of like taking a bucket of snowballs to a gunfight.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit like Henman against Philippoussis yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

And Pete, Henman scores 30 points with two shots ...

Rob
(Yes, I'm clutching at any British sporting straws I can)

Did you hear what Philippoussis said to the umpire?

Are you F******G blind ! F**K you and F**k cyclops!

Your Priminister did not look impressed.

Never the less I found it highly amusing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Watching it live has its benefits!

Regards,

J.P

Tennis....Tennis..... You guys have missed the point. Swearing is a real man's sport whereas tennis is just a game. Regards

Back