Lynn Larsen
Pic2:

Attachments

• 53466-Int2FF.jpg
    53466-Int2FF.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 481
Lynn,

Looks simply beautiful!!!!

What a good reminder for me ... I spent the last couple of hours turning the diameter of a 5 1/2" 17-4 PH slug down so it can be split and made into adapters between the transaxle and the half shafts. And still more to do yet. I really needed the reminder of what this thing might some day look like. Thanks.

Congratulations!

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. As you can imagine there are still a number of things left to do. The most apparent is the application of the sill stripes.

I also am going to pull all of the suspension pieces and powder coat them. The sway bars developed the worst rust petina during the car's extended stay in the paint shop. But, all of the A arms and suspension links were chipped and marred through the course of the build as well.

Bye the way, once I am home for more than a day and half, I can now supply some detailed drawings/dimensions of the flap hardware. I have discovered that the stays are just a touch too long, which is funny since I bought the side windows, flaps and hardware from the same place. It appears that the flaps were cut to far reward. I am not sure how I will handle this just yet, nor have I asked Dave about this yet, so there me something I am missing.

Regards,
Lynn

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Lynn,

Simply beautiful.

That’s my feeble attempt at something that words just can't describe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yes, that does look good. I wasn't sure the BBS type wheels would suit but I kind of like them. Excellent job.

Larsen,,,,, De li Cious. VERY NICE!!

I must however ask,,,is that an 8 Track in the dash??!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My god, the owner MUST be old!!

Looks Great.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Fredy,

No, not an 8 track :) Its a clock, inside/outside thermometer with freeze alarm. The outside sensor is on top of the door hinge on the passenger side. I had considered one of those fancy rear view mirrors with all the bells and whistles, but this was cheaper and easier.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Regards,
Lynn

Lynn, the car looks great. It's always fun for me to see the light covers fitted up and looking as good as yours do. Great job!!

Lynn,
WOW!!!!
Man is that a striking GT. Those wheels I like. I'm not sure why I like them. Maybe it is Reminiscent of the Barani wheels of the original. You have done well my friend. That car shows personality and style...Congratulations on a job well done.
Really cool.. Now enjoy the sh-t out of it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Hersh,

Thanks very much for the kind words. As you will no doubt understand, there is a lot left to do yet that the pictures don't show.

On the wheels: I started attending the 24 Hours of Daytona around 1968 and at that time all of the top end sports cars and many of the racers were running this style of BBS wheels. Many of them at that time were anodized gold as you may recall. Anyway it was in that period of 68-70 that I came to favor the BBS style. So when it came time to build the GT40, I put on the wheels that I liked and had wanted on a car for all these years. As it turns out, the center section of these Compomotive 3 piece wheels is powder coated. At some point in the future, when the wheels start to get chipped and a little worse for wear, I may powder coat them with an anodized blue color to match the car. Then again, I may do them in the gold that I admired back in "the day."

Bye the way, early on, I was very confused by the many Ford GT entries because none of them looked alike and I couldn't figure out what a Ford GT actually was for quite a while. The programs did not list whether they were MK Is, Mk IIs or Mk IVs. I did figure it out finally, but by then the story in endurance racing was the battle between the Porsche 917s and the Ferrari 512s. But the Fords obviously made quite an impression on me.

Lynn

Lynn,

That picture from the front looks just mean! Do you have a picture from the back? The tire choice looks just right.

Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back