Salvation Through Jesus Christ -- Prayer

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
See what I mean? "We are called to announce it to the world"

There's no point in trying to discuss anything with someone who thinks like that. It's hopeless.

I tend to think that the louder and more often that someone shouts their beliefs at others, the less they can be trusted to be what they preach.

The instruction to announce it to the world seems a little redundant now doesn't it? Fine back in the day the books were written and the worlds' populations didn't know of your religion. But today it's like walking around asking people if they have heard of television!

I get very suspicious of the proclaimers of any faith.

Keith

"I (in loud ringing tones) have TOTAL faith in RUM"

"And, I am Proclaiming it!"

pirate-time-flies-when-you-re-having-rum-flag-5x3-2876-p.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Is Run Runner ready for me to take to sea yet?
I think I will go from Thorney Island as far as a reporting point called ORTAC (There is a reporting point named ORTAC at southern boundary between Quebec 41 and the Channel Islands Control Zone. Its position is 49° 59' 57N, 2° 0' 18W, which is about 30 miles north-north-east of Alderney. This is not coincident with the islet named Ortac, but its name is undoubtedly derived from the islet. ) and then back to Lymington as ordered.

Keith

I've no idea what the others are on about although I think drug abuse might explain it (I do know actually, but let them tell you)

My post is the first distress call put out by RMS Titanic before she reverted to the now traditional SOS in subsequent transmissions.

CQD (All Stations - Distress) — · — · — — · — — · ·

DE (This is) MGY (Titanic)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It was not so much a riddle. Morse code can be written with several interpretations depending on the receivers ear and Harmer, the radio op sending the QTH (position report) for that flight could not have had machine perfect morse code as he was being bounced around in the ever present turbulence crossing the Andes, a trip I used to fly in a 747.400 about once every two months. His crew were inbound to Santiago de Chile and they would not even have needed to start the descent at that time becuse of the MSA (Safety Altitude) in that area.
What his crew actually did is now called CFIT. Controlled Fight Into Terrain. The last QTH that was sent seemingly had the strange word STENDEC as part of the transmission. I think it was just an inadvertent transmission with a bag falling onto the morse key or some such thing.
I know from my experience as a radio Op in the 60's - in turbulence I used to increase the spring poundage on my key and on flat calm days, I even used a speed key.
Much more interesting than the salvation being offered in other posts on this stupid thread. I wish he would take the hint and piss off.

Don't be so sanctimonious Ryeno. This is why Preachers of the self-proclaimed variety are treated with suspicion IMO. Next thing we know you'll be wearing a hair shirt and flogging yourself.
You have spread the word my good man. Time to let your message sink in. Let your audience process the messages. Fewer may be moved than the brain-washing method. But fewer followers by choice must be better than many followers by the yolk. No?

Back