Salvation Through Jesus Christ -- Prayer

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
It was not so much a riddle. Morse code can be written with several interpretations depending on the receivers ear and Harmer, the radio op sending the QTH (position report) for that flight could not have had machine perfect morse code as he was being bounced around in the ever present turbulence crossing the Andes, a trip I used to fly in a 747.400 about once every two months. His crew were inbound to Santiago de Chile and they would not even have needed to start the descent at that time becuse of the MSA (Safety Altitude) in that area.
What his crew actually did is now called CFIT. Controlled Fight Into Terrain. The last QTH that was sent seemingly had the strange word STENDEC as part of the transmission. I think it was just an inadvertent transmission with a bag falling onto the morse key or some such thing.
I know from my experience as a radio Op in the 60's - in turbulence I used to increase the spring poundage on my key and on flat calm days, I even used a speed key..

David,

Although there is no way to confirm what was actually sent and why, what I have heard is that the RO sent a position report and ended it with "stendec", the receiver asked for a clarification and he resent "stendec, stendec" twice, very fast.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Try sending VRBC at about 25 wpm
It sounds almost NO DIFFERENT - in fact the same as Stendec.
You could come out with a hundered variables in the normal morse code.
Then there is abbreviated Morse or Fast Morse - totally different again.
(Russian Morse is just something else but fun to learn )
Morse is dead and buried as it really was a load of crap - and I was especially fast at it. 30 WPM Plain lANGUAGE and 45 Coded.

Keith

A Glaswegian is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he
comes upon a preacher baptising people in the river. He proceeds to
walk into the water and subsequently bumps into the preacher....
The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of
alcohol, hereupon he asks the drunk,

'Are you ready to find Jesus?'
The drunk shouts, 'Aye, I am.' So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in
the water. He pulls him up
and asks the drunk, Brother have you found Jesus?' The drunk replies, 'No,
Ah havnae found Jesus.'
The preacher shocked at the answer, dunks him into the water again for a
little longer. He again pulls him out of the water and asks again,
'Have you found Jesus me brother?' The drunk again answers, 'No, Ah havnae
found Jesus.'

By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk in
the water again ---

but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds and when he begins
kicking his arms and legs he pulls him up.

The preacher again asks the drunk, 'For the love of God have you found
Jesus?'

The drunk wipes his eyes, catches his breath and says to the preacher,

'Are you sure this is where he fell in?'

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
And what then Keith.......?

I just recieved this - a bit funny. Better than all this religious crap.

There's always one. This has got to be one of the funniest things in a long time. I think this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is allegedly a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline, which was transcribed from a recording monitoring the customer care department. Needless to say the Help Desk employee was fired. However, he/she is currently suing the Word Perfect organization for 'Termination without Cause'.
Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee. Now I know why they record these conversations !Operator: 'Ridge Hall, computer assistance; may I help you?' Caller: 'Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect.' Operator: 'What sort of trouble?' Caller: 'Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.' Operator: 'Went away?' Caller: 'They disappeared.' Operator: 'Hmm So what does your screen look like now?' Caller: 'Nothing.' Operator: 'Nothing?' Caller: 'It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type.' Operator: 'Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?' Caller: 'How do I tell?' Operator: 'Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?' Caller: 'What's a sea-prompt?' Operator: 'Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?' Caller: 'There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type.' Operator: 'Does your monitor have a power indicator?' Caller: 'What's a monitor?' Operator: 'It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?' Caller: 'I don't know.' Operator: 'Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?' Caller: 'Yes, I think so.' Operator: 'Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall. Caller: 'Yes, it is.' Operator: 'When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?' Caller: 'No.' Operator: 'Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable.' Caller: 'Okay, here it is.' Operator: 'Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer.' Caller: 'I can't reach.' Operator: 'Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?' Caller: 'No.' Operator: 'Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?' Caller: 'Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark.' Operator: 'Dark?' Caller: 'Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window. 'Operator: 'Well, turn on the office light then.' Caller: 'I can't.' Operator: 'No? Why not?' Caller: 'Because there's a power failure.' Operator: 'A power......... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in??' Caller: 'Well, yes, I keep them in the closet.' Operator: 'Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it.
Then take it back to the store you bought it from.'
Caller: 'Really? Is it that bad?'
Operator: 'Yes, I'm afraid it is.'
Caller: 'Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them??'
Operator: 'Tell them you're too f---ing stupid to own a computer!!'

Keith

What then David? I'll tell you what then..

Continuing the religious theme and staying on topic.... (despite David's crude attempts to hi-jack this thread)

Turpentine v Holy Water

A little boy was sitting on the footpath with a bottle of turpentine.
He was shaking it up and watching all the bubbles.

A Priest came along and asked the little boy what he had.

The little boy said, This is the most powerful liquid in the world, it's called turpentine

The Priest said, No, the most powerful liquid in the world is Holy Water.
If you rub it on a pregnant woman's belly, she'll pass a healthy baby.

The little boy replied, If you rub turpentine on a cat's arse, it'll pass a Harley Davidson.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

I do not see the wisdom in posting such a thing here with no actual trust factor by the people reading. Christ won the confidence of the people as one desiring there good, then he told them to follow him. What you just did is backwards.

Nowonder people find religeon a joke.:wrongforum:

Keith

A little boy got on the bus, sat next to a man reading a book, and
noticed he had his collar on backwards. The little boy asked why he wore
his collar that way.

The man, who was a priest, said, "I am a Father."

The little boy replied, "My Daddy doesn't wear his collar like that."

The priest looked up from his book and said, "I am the Father of many."

The boy said, "My Dad has four boys, four girls and two grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way."

The priest, getting impatient, said "I am the Father of hundreds," and went back to reading his book.

The little boy sat quietly... but on leaving the bus, he leaned over and
said, "Well, maybe you should wear your pants backwards instead of your
collar."

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
What is with all the Priest Jokes?

I mean, I dont care about priests given they take the title that belongs to God alone, but, still, there has got to be something better.

*takes cover*

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Why priest jokes? Simple: they are funny and a good target. Remember where you are. Making fun of priests isn't the same as making fun of God.

A rabbi and a priest who had been friends in their seminary years were reunited at a conference and went out drinking. Lots of stories and reminiscing, and at the end, the priest said to the rabbi, "Irv, it's been such a great evening, I hate for it to end. How about if we go over to the seminary and screw a couple of altar boys?"

"Sure," said the rabbi. "Out of what?"

Keith

What is with all the Priest Jokes?

I mean, I dont care about priests given they take the title that belongs to God alone, but, still, there has got to be something better.

*takes cover*

It wasn't a priest joke - it was a little boy joke.

Well to each his own. I'm a Christian & don't care who knows. I believe what I believe & you can believe what you want. I'm Native American/Indian (choose your term) & know what religion when improperly applied can do. It's not those of other faiths that frighten me. They believe at least in a higher power. It's the Aithiests that scare me thinking they are the highest power there is. Like it or not our civilization & it's laws are based in great part of the morrals taught in the Judao/Christian Bible/Torah (sp?). For Me, I've seen too much & experienced things that to ME confirm that there is a higher power (call it what you will). It's been said there are no Athiests in fox holes. IN COMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Mike S

Back