Scratch-built aluminum inboard v-drive boat

Hello zollis!

I arrived here searching for V-drive setups as I have an itch to build a boat for myself in future and found your thread while searching! Excellent work :)

I didn't even realise that this was a car forum until I went to sign up to post in this thread! I'm *very* into my cars too, though I'm not a GT40 owner, but that's all another (very long) story.

Other than congratulating you on the ingenuity of your build (you had to be a fellow Kiwi, didn't you!), I wanted to ask where in NZ exactly you are? I'll be back over there in a few months and if you're not too far away, would love to come and have a chat about your boat and experiences building it! And about cars, too, of course.

Thanks for sharing!

Fred.

Hi Fred, thank you for the compliments. Spring is just starting here now, so it is time to take the covers off to get the boat ready for summer.

You are most welcome to come and visit. I am in the city of Hamilton. If you can ski we will do that as well . Single ski dry start or deep wet start the boat can do any of it. Most pleasing is the fuel consumption with about only 20 liters to the hour.

See you soon.

Z.C.

You're welcome, well deserved! :) Not quite sure when I'll make it down to th' 'tron, but at some point I'll make an effort to do so. I don't know how to ski yet, but I'm up for almost anything. Rain check taken! I look forward to it.

Fred.

Fantastic work!!

If you really want to make the boat easy to launch and retrieve, there is a product called Gator Glide th that is slicker than snot. It is a water based two part epoxy that is easily rolled on and when cured is extremely hard and slick. Warning though, DO NOT unhook winch from bow until the boat is over the water. The boat WILL slide on a bunk trailer.

Back