Sunvisors & side mirrors

Hello everyone
-part of the NYS inspection process to get vin# requires padded sunvisors, does anyone have in there 40 or know which ones would work with our room contour? There temp, I plan on removing once I get vin# lol.
-what style side mirrors have best vision on these cars? The ones on my cobra are useless and I’m thinking 40 is just as bad
thanks

I would make sure that whatever side view mirrors you select be available with convex lenses. I took delivery of my MK1 three weeks ago, and I can tell you that the rear side vision is almost nonexistant. I had Talbot style mirrors, with flat lenses installed in the corners of the Perspex side windows. I Feel that every time I change lanes that I’m taking my life in my hands. My first project is going to be replacing the mirrors with either the Vitaloni Sebring mirrors or new Talbot style mirrors, relocated to the front clip near the fuel fills. And they will have convex lenses. In the meantime I have purchased tiny blind spot mirrors mounted on the inside doorsill.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hello everyone
-part of the NYS inspection process to get vin# requires padded sunvisors, does anyone have in there 40 or know which ones would work with our room contour? There temp, I plan on removing once I get vin# lol.
-what style side mirrors have best vision on these cars? The ones on my cobra are useless and I’m thinking 40 is just as bad
thanks

Note that those requirements are for the photos sent to Albany for approval. When the car is taken to Vehicle Safety for the inspection and VIN assignment they are not checked. PM me for details, I have recently helped three people with the NYS process.

Back