Taking History Back From the Liberal's Lies.

Mark, I respectfully disagree...LB's head is NOT underwater, it's up a place where the sun don't shine, and his brain is NOT full of Bull shit, it's his own, due to the location in which he has placed his head.

Hard to imagine a more offensive troll, though.

Cheers, Mark, (and JEERS, LB) from Doug!!
Bob, see what i mean...like I said in my pm this guy is a "rabble rouser"
always discrediting and name calling hoping his constituents will follow suit..

That video has the events of American history completely wrong. When Thomas Jefferson said that all men were created equal he was not talking about equality between slaves and citizens. He was, in fact, talking about how the English were using their colonies to make money at the expense of the people living in the colonies. For all of the history of the colonies in the Americas, the colonial residents thought of themselves as English, however, especially by the 1760's they were being exploited by the king and the English government. The founding fathers were angry they had to buy English goods (at exorbitant prices) and had extra taxes posed on them which the common English citizen did not pay.
Remember it was the decree "no taxation without representation" that eventually got us into the war of independence.
The revolutionary war was a war started because of economics (not human equality), as England (in the views of the founding fathers) unfairly exploited its colonies. It was a war to gain America's economic freedom from England. It was not about finding freedom for the common man, but more about giving (especially the rich) people in America their freedom from their colonial master.
The other problem with that argument is that Thomas Jefferson and the founding fathers is that they didn't even look at slaves as people. They were chattel, consumer goods, items to be bought and sold. As sad as it is to admit, they were slave owners and had no plans of devising otherwise. There was no thought ever about considering slaves as equals. Unfortunately "all men are created equal" had nothing to do with abolition, and everything to do with helping the founding fathers avoid paying their riches to England.

Exactly the case!!!!!
The sad part is the educational system now refuses to impart these details to the youth so it is easy to change the details of history when not enough know it.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
History, as almost all fields of academia, is subject to interpretation.

My favorite historical quote is "To call Richard Nixon the most corrupt president since Willard Filmore does an incredible misjustice to Willard Filmore".

Now, tell me, who was around during the Nixon days who had any first hand experience with the Filmore administration?

Right....only somebody else's interpretation of history to rely on....and, that "somebody" ALSO had their own political leanings, academic orientation, etc...

History isn't all facts....but, having said that, I would like to see more facts in our History curriculum (and that comes from a Texan, who is ashamed to have to claim Rick Perry as our Governor...he stated emphatically that "creationism" is taught in our history curriculum, when it clearly is not in the statewide curriculum....he ought to know that, and he ought to know that "creationism" cannot be fact based, as actually it is based in beliefs).

I hated history all through my formal education, really enjoy it now for some reason.

Cheers, Doug!!

No matter what you wish to say. No matter how you are able to tell us what went on in these men's mind, the fact is that these men put their life on the line to state the following;

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. "

And that revolutionary thought changed the free world. Its very true that in all of previous history slave ownership was considered natural and slaves weren't considered human.

These men lived in those times, and participated in the practice, but they saw the truth and institutionalized it as the bedrock of America. No institution, especially this entrenched, changes over night, but the founders kicked it off and we all should be grateful for it and not try to turn them into evil doers.

John Newton was the captain of a slave ship. He saw the evil of his trade and wrote "Amazing Grace" to commemorate his salvation from this evil life. His actions thereafter changed uncounted lives as did the actions of our founding fathers.

Its good to be on ignore. There are two sides to every story, Mark. The internet and talk radio have broken the school, media propaganda monopoly of the Left, and they don't like it, ergo the Broadcast Fairness Doctrine.

Just because you CAN blast your rude opinions cheaply and easily across the internet, doesn't mean you SHOULD do so, or that anyone needs to tolerate it, or listen to it.

It's called having some class and consideration. You're like the guy that walks into the Louvre, farts loudly, spits on the floor, then starts telling everyone what they should think about fine art. It's not illegal, but nobody wants to hear it or be around it.

Thanks.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. "

And that revolutionary thought changed the free world.

Erm...no. The free world was actually already free you thick twat.

Jeez. I take you off ignore for 5 seconds and you're already posting threads with devisive themes again.

Oh, and by the way, get your facts right Bob. Yours is a very young country, you didn't invent everything that is good, and you don't hold the copyright on all things democratic and free.

One last thing Bob. Please post up some thoughts of your own, and stop being such a troll....please?

I've got you rumbled. I actually think you are a commie pinko liberal who's trolling around for like minds so that you can then double agent them and report them to McCarthy. STOP THE PRESS - the world has moved on Bob, and you are left being a bleeding heart liberal with no one to argue with anymore.

C'est la vie.

Erm...no. The free world was actually already free you thick twat.

Jeez. I take you off ignore for 5 seconds and you're already posting threads with devisive themes again.

Oh, and by the way, get your facts right Bob. Yours is a very young country, you didn't invent everything that is good, and you don't hold the copyright on all things democratic and free.

One last thing Bob. Please post up some thoughts of your own, and stop being such a troll....please?

I've got you rumbled. I actually think you are a commie pinko liberal who's trolling around for like minds so that you can then double agent them and report them to McCarthy. STOP THE PRESS - the world has moved on Bob, and you are left being a bleeding heart liberal with no one to argue with anymore.

C'est la vie.

If you come off ignore again, lumpy, I'll have to report you to the promise police.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
The point you keep missing is a significant portion of the Founding Fathers did not see slaves as human. At least not in the sense meant by that sentence. Some did see them as human, and others did not, and it took an actual war between the two sides to sort that out.

Pointing out that a significant portion of the founders were slave owners doesn't mean they were "evil," it's just a historical fact. Turning the Declaration of Independence into the Emancipation Proclamation, or the post-Civil War anti-slavery Amendments, is just historical fiction.

No matter what you wish to say. No matter how you are able to tell us what went on in these men's mind, the fact is that these men put their life on the line to state the following;

And that revolutionary thought changed the free world. Its very true that in all of previous history slave ownership was considered natural and slaves weren't considered human.

These men lived in those times, and participated in the practice, but they saw the truth and institutionalized it as the bedrock of America. No institution, especially this entrenched, changes over night, but the founders kicked it off and we all should be grateful for it and not try to turn them into evil doers.

John Newton was the captain of a slave ship. He saw the evil of his trade and wrote "Amazing Grace" to commemorate his salvation from this evil life. His actions thereafter changed uncounted lives as did the actions of our founding fathers.

The point you keep missing is a significant portion of the Founding Fathers did not see slaves as human. At least not in the sense meant by that sentence. Some did see them as human, and others did not, and it took an actual war between the two sides to sort that out.

Pointing out that a significant portion of the founders were slave owners doesn't mean they were "evil," it's just a historical fact. Turning the Declaration of Independence into the Emancipation Proclamation, or the post-Civil War anti-slavery Amendments, is just historical fiction.

The deal is, the Declaration of Independence opened the door to free everyone in the USA. These men were slave holders because that was the norm for their time, and yet, they were enlightened enough to put their names to it.

Do you really think that any of these men were stupid enough to not realize the impact of those words?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No Bob, it did not open the door to free everyone in the US. That took another 100 years, a war, and a whole lot of blood shed.

Stupid? They certainly weren't stupid. But some of them would have shot you dead if you tried to end their right to own slaves.

The deal is, the Declaration of Independence opened the door to free everyone in the USA. These men were slave holders because that was the norm for their time, and yet, they were enlightened enough to put their names to it.

Do you really think that any of these men were stupid enough to not realize the impact of those words?

No Bob, it did not open the door to free everyone in the US. That took another 100 years, a war, and a whole lot of blood shed.

Stupid? They certainly weren't stupid. But some of them would have shot you dead if you tried to end their right to own slaves.

Evolution, Jeff, you believe in that don't you? What's a hundred years in the history of man? A drop in the bucket. Horrible for the uncounted millions, (billions?) who lived the life of a slave. America took all the theories of Europe and put it into a succinct synopsis. The rest is history.

Bob, as a former history teacher and life long lover of all things connected to the founding of America, I find not one statement of yours about slavery to be true. Revisionist history is the home of the ignorant and uneducated. Read more Bob, and post less. I find you an imbarrisment to the American Educational System and suspect that you are a weak minded sheep being lead by propagandists. Having said that, although i strongly disagree with you i will die to protect your right to say it, shaking my head the whole time.

Back