Terrorism comes to Australia .

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
The Pakistanis will do what they always have done:

1) make solemn pronouncements in impeccably accented English. Lots of vague promises.
2) take bribes to pretend they are trying to root out fundamentalist Islamic terrorists, while secretly colluding with them.
3) maintain the status quo as usual. Nothing will change.

Listen- the Pakistani Army is the same bunch of sorry fuckers who "couldn't find" Osama bin Laden while he was living a few miles from them in Abbottabad. The Pakistani Army is hand in glove with the Taliban and AQ; same with the Pakistani intelligence service. The only REAL thing in this attack is all the dead people on the ground, most of them kids. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors- all bullshit. Nothing will change after this attack. There will be three days of "national mourning", which is a sop to the families of those who were massacred, and after that the Taliban and the Pakistani Army will go back to sucking each others' dicks. Nothing new here.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Build more prisons create jobs!

yeah, we tried that. Didn't work too well. Turns out it costs a lot of money to keep people in prison, and the older they get, the more they cost. Not a strategy for financial success, unless you are the one who owns the prison and the government pays you to keep people there.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I carried a Belgian copy of the Browning FN 9mm pistol and a pocket of about 20 rounds loose (2 magazines worth) plus the official rounds (10) which were all taped up.
The loose rounds were loaded into the two spare magazines I had. I loaded one magazine only once when some one was apparently sneaking across the grass in the pouring rain. He ignored my shouting from the yellow card and my six airmen from the armoury guard were getting agitated but I told them not to load (SLR rifles) as I didn't really think I was dealing with a major threat. I eventually got to within about 15m of his six and realised he was opening the Stephenson Screen though he still didn't hear me. He seemed to sense I was behind and turned to face me and it was only then I realised he was deaf. He had the yellow card shouted three times - in N.I. it was only required once. I count myself lucky it was the last time I ever carried a weapon.

?????????

...'doesn't sound like anywhere near the kind/type of incident/circumstance being referred to in this thread...although I must admit I'm at a loss to understand what "shouting from the yellow card" might be all about (...not to mention what the exact circumstance you described was all about itself. I'm guessing military/reservist 'guard duty' situation somewhere?). "Yellow cards" must be awfully popular in situations like the one you've described though, since about half the people you referenced seemed to have one. :confused: :D ('Guessing it may be some Brit 'warning' thing carried over from soccer?)

BTW, I don't know a single civilian over here who 'carries' his side arm unloaded - ever. After all, what would be the point...in the real world, that is? :squint:

(sigh)...waaaaay past time for breakfast...besides, I fear I may have just poked a hornet's nest and 'should therefore beat a hasty, gentlemanly 'retreat'. :bash: :lipsrsealed:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jack, with "allies" like the Pakistanis and their sorry excuse for an army, it's surprising any of us are still alive. An honest-to-God enemy is a hell of a lot safer to have than "allies" who continually sell you down the river and stab you in the back. This is why no one told them that the SEALs were going in after OSB- because they would have alerted him and moved him. And then ambushed the SEALs. Fuckers.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
So why do we put up with them and give them foreign aid $$$.? I agree with all you say about them Jim a bunch of corrupt arseholes.

Keith

?????????

...'doesn't sound like anywhere near the kind/type of incident/circumstance being referred to in this thread...although I must admit I'm at a loss to understand what "shouting from the yellow card" might be all about (...not to mention what the exact circumstance you described was all about itself. I'm guessing military/reservist 'guard duty' situation somewhere?). "Yellow cards" must be awfully popular in situations like the one you've described though, since about half the people you referenced seemed to have one. :confused: :D ('Guessing it may be some Brit 'warning' thing carried over from soccer?)

BTW, I don't know a single civilian over here who 'carries' his side arm unloaded - ever. After all, what would be the point...in the real world, that is? :squint:

(sigh)...waaaaay past time for breakfast...besides, I fear I may have just poked a hornet's nest and 'should therefore beat a hasty, gentlemanly 'retreat'. :bash: :lipsrsealed:

RoE for military personnel serving in Northern Ireland. The cards are, er, card and they are yellow. That's where any similarity to the "football card" ends. The military cards have writing on them, like this:

Rules of Engagement

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
"ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — A Pakistani court on Thursday granted bail to a militant commander accused of orchestrating the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, drawing loud protests from India.

The suspect, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, is a senior commander with Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group behind the blitz of attacks in the Indian city of Mumbai that left 166 people dead and gravely worsened the relationship between Pakistan and India. He has been on trial since 2009.

The slow pace of the trial, which is closed to the news media, has been a continuing source of contention with India, which accuses the Pakistani authorities of tacitly supporting Lashkar-e-Taiba."

Just in case anyone here felt like defending the Pakistani justice system, which I'm certain they do not.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
R.O.E. Or try fighting the enemy with one hand tied behind your back.
No doubt dreamed up by some pseudo politition in uniform who actually has never been in the front line.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
_
This was emailed to me I don't know who the Author is, but agree with it. Its time we woke up.

_Expect more to come!
But I am not going to join in with the mob in perpetuating the myths that are already being circulated as a result of this completely preventable tragedy. And it was completely preventable. It was the entirely predictable outcome of the decision to allow a violent culture with a superiority complex and an itchy trigger finger to take root in Australia.
So expect to see more Islamic flags and more grieving families.This war has only just started and it’s not going well.
And here are five things the mainstream media is spinning wrong about the Islamic addition to Christmas festivities in Australia over the last 24 hours.
1. We couldn’t see this coming
Apparently, we could never see this coming. This was an attack we thought we could never see in Sydney. That’s what the Premier of New South Wales, Mike Baird, said this morning.
Hello! Mike! Is there anyone home?
Australians aren’t goldfish. We can remember things for more than three seconds. Like, for instance, the fact that 800 police descended upon Sydney just a few weeks ago to prevent some peaceful follower of the religion of peace from peacefully severing some random Aussie’s head. In Martin Place. Right where the Lindt Café stands.
Anyone who couldn’t see this coming has had their head in the sand and their backside pointed skywards, almost as if they have already embraced Islam.
I’m guessing, however, that most people would not have expected the news that the deranged gunman was actually on bail. For a multitude of sexual offences and in relation to his wife’s murder (she was peacefully set on fire). Or that this bloke had a habit of sending abusive letters to the families of Australian soldiers who died in Afghanistan.
Who needs to worry about the Islamic threat when our own legal system holds the safety of Australians in such contempt that it would let this guy run free?
But I can think of no better advertisement for the actual truth of Islam than the fact that a murderous sexual deviant would stroll into the heart of Sydney for his last stand under the most famous words of Mohammed.
2. Don’t worry – it’s just a lone wolf
Don’t worry Australia. Mr Ali Akbar is a lone wolf. This is a one off.
Just like the one-off lone wolf who stabbed two police officers in Victoria in the name of Allah earlier this year.
Just like the one-off lone wolf who shot a Canadian soldier and then stormed that nation’s parliament in the name of Allah a few weeks ago.
Just like the one-off lone wolf who went on a rampage at Ford Hood in the United States killing 13 soldiers in the name of Allah a while back.
Just like the…by now you should be getting the picture. I could go on all day talking about the lone wolves out there who all seem to operate in disciplined unison.
There is an army of ‘lone’ wolves. That makes the ‘lone’ part redundant. And the guy responsible for the death of two Australians in Sydney yesterday wasn’t all that alone anyway. He had over 14,000 followers on Facebook. So expect this to happen all over again.
Because the one thing that these people all have in common is an ability to read the Koran, and a commitment to following its bloody message.
3. Don’t worry – it’s not the Islamic State
Keysar Trad was on Sunrise this morning waxing lyrical about how this was not the work of the Islamic State. And Kochie was nodding along with him. I didn’t know these two men were spokesmen for the nation that is not a nation that we are at war with.
But anyway, apparently this means we can all breathe a sigh of relief.
I don’t really know why I should have to point this out, but if the Lindt Café siege had nothing to do with the Islamic State then it only proves that it is not just the Islamic State that we should be worried about.
It is proof that it’s not the design of the flag that’s the problem, but the words that are on them. And those flags all carry the same Islamic words and have the same Islamic meaning: total global domination.
The simple fact is that the Sunni-Shia Islamic split is nothing more than an argument over who gets Mohammad’s loot. They still haven’t worked it out 1,400 years later, but they pretty much agree on everything else of importance: the non-Islamic world are a bunch of heathen scum who should be subjugated, raped and pillaged.
The flag in the Lindt Café overshadowed the ‘Merry Christmas’ for a reason. It was an arrogant message of contempt and it signified a murderous intent to enslave us all.
4. Islamic leaders have condemned this violence
Apparently Australia’s Grand Mufti has condemned the Lindt Café siege.
And with that, the media went running on their way to talk about how Muslims fear for their lives, living in such a racist country like Australia.
But the truth is that Grand Mufti Ibrahim Abu Mohamed has a lot of hide to issue such a statement. This is the same man that sent a statement to the Federal Senate in October claiming that new anti-terror laws inhibited his religious freedom.
You read that right. Nothing further needs to be said. The Grand Mufti’s statement says it all: it is an open admission that Islam promotes terrorism.
The real question is this: why has the media barely reported this at all?
5. The Islamic Community suffers from this
The last 24 hours are wreaking a terrible toll on the Islamic community, if you believe the media.
Give me a break.
This is the ultimate good cop/bad cop routine.
Some dude walks into a café and kills two people. In return, the Islamic apologists are given huge air time. The Premier of New South Wales convenes video conferences with the bloke who claims new anti-terror laws impinge religious freedom and interfaith prayer services are held at mosques around the nation. Politicians are jumping over themselves to promote Islam. And it’s all because, under the Islamic flag, two Australians were gunned down.
Like I said, give me a break.
And, of course, the social media numpties have gone nuts. #illridewithyou has taken off. It is, of course, a completely empty gesture designed only to reinforce the arrogant feelings of moral superiority held by those who promote tolerance at the expense of our nation’s safety. And nothing shows the vacuous nature of the moral do-gooders than the fact that they don’t do any good at all. They just ‘Twitter’ good, like gods from on high. Apparently, that is even better than actually doing anything at all.
If you support the idea of Islamic rule and Sharia law, the last 24 hours have shown that murdering two Australians is pretty much all it takes to get everyone who is anyone to show deference and submission. It’s not exactly a great deterrence.
So expect more violence to come

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
^^^ OBVIOUSLY the above is a totally clueless, irrational, illogical, and non fact-based anti-Islamic rant.............................NOT.

Faaaaaaaaaaar too many politicians and ordinary citizens just flat-out refuse to see things the way they really are...either that, or, they're hoping to be the last ones the alligators eat (if you remember that allegory).

The Muslims are continually defended as being peaceful, yet almost all terrorist acts carried out worldwide are Muslim based. And the reason they are defended is PC driven. What happened to this world?

The Muslims are continually defended as being peaceful, yet almost all terrorist acts carried out worldwide are Muslim based. And the reason they are defended is PC driven. What happened to this world?

I am on the fence with this one Al , when you consider the best part of one in four of the worlds population (23% if you want to be precise) is Muslim it is inevitable there are going to be a small percentage of fanatical extremists . Pete has over 900 million of them next door so to have one oddball going fruitloop in a cafe can hardly be called representative of the masses. I think football hooligans have been responsible for more deaths in this country than any bonkers religious group.

Have a squint at this World

Bob

Keith

I get where your coming from Bob but your stats are well screwed mate, and if you don't mind me saying so - it's a daft comparison.

Oh well, get your tin hat out mate - you're going to need it....

There are 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide, it I believed that of those the radicals are in the 15% to 25% range. Lets take the low end 15%, that's 240 million or 75% of the population of the US.

Back