Terrorist attacks in Paris.

Keith

The UN is nothing but a toothless hag; a waste of space which provides passive human targets in conflict zones.

The Balkans
Somalia
Golan
Central Africa

etc etc..

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It could, however, lend multinational coalition legitimacy to an overwhelmingly powerful attack.

It's been 70 years since the last military use of nuclear weapons on Japan. I lived there as a child (my dad was military...USAF).. Their national unity and fervent belief that they were undefeatable could only be stopped by the same kind of response that I believe could bring a halt to ISIS...but no country wants to be the first to use nuclear weapons again, so some sort of multinational involvement will be necessary, whether it is through the UN or not.

Sadly, I am unaware of the financial actions of the UN, so I can't respond to your comment, Al. I have no doubt that you have good reason for having made your comment, though.

Cheers!

Doug

So how would that work? You provide them a say as to the government's policies with designated parliament seats? Veto power over national policy perhaps? Do you believe that those who subscribe to tactics of wanton murder on innocents will suddenly become reasonable partners in government?
They don't want that. They want control. They want to rebuild the Ottoman Empire as a step toward a world-wide caliphate. ISIS is not a terrorist "organization", it is a terrorist government.
The tragic events in Paris, on Metrojet Flight 9268, the 1,700-person massacre in Tikrit and throughout the areas under their control would indicate the submission to the radical ISIS brand of Islam is the only alternative they will accept. Unfortunately for most Muslims and those of us in the West that idea (at the moment) is abhorrent.
If we want to stop the conflict, the only clear way to peace with ISIS is their destruction or our surrender. Coexistence does not seem to be working out.

Pat we had the IRA bombing , shooting and terrorising us for years. It was only through negotiation after many years of needless bloodshed have we got peace and calm . You are mistaken if you think bombing the crap out of ISIS will get rid of the threat on mainland Europe or anywhere else in the west.

Bob

Keith

Negotiate what Robert? The IRA and their Loyalist counterparts were also highly organised criminal gangs - bank robberies, drug smuggling you name it. Of course they were happy to be "legitimised" - just like the Five Families.

What do you think Isis wants that they don't believe they can't take for themselves?

There's nothing to negotiate - no common ground - no future.

Negotiate what Robert? The IRA and their Loyalist counterparts were also highly organised criminal gangs - bank robberies, drug smuggling you name it. Of course they were happy to be "legitimised" - just like the Five Families.

What do you think Isis wants that they don't believe they can't take for themselves?

There's nothing to negotiate - no common ground - no future.

I hope you are wrong Keith but fear you are right. So the solution is ??

Here is a surprise , who would have guessed ? :lipsrsealed: Paris Terrorist Was Migrant Who Registered As A Refugee In Greece

Bob

Keith

The answer, from my gut, is:

An invitation for 'peaceful' & moderate Muslims to form a joint strategy Council. Whether they join or not should not delay immediate punitive action... (unless they had a better idea)

1.A swift punitive strike at the heart of their 'caliphate' - on the ground, but supported from the air.
2. An immediate cyber warfare campaign to deny them their worldwide communications.
3. Immediate campaigns against their affiliates in Africa & Asia.
4. Let them have their Caliphate and then contain them within their own borders.
5. The immediate closure of mosques worldwide that tolerate & encourage radical preaching.

See what ten guys did in Paris and think what 100 might achieve in London, Rome or New York...

It's not going to go away no matter how successfully you hide your eyes..

It is telling to note that there were quite a few Muslims among the victims in Paris..

Keith

The objectives of radical Jihad: According to Muslim teaching the objectives of jihad are relatively simple. It is to create peace by ridding the world of all infidels viz. any opposed to Islam. In this context it must be understood that 'opposed' includes the idea of any who do not fully accept Islam, even if they do not actively oppose but simply do not believe, or do not accept all the Islamic teachings. Thus, this obligation to kill opponents also extends to those who are called 'moderate Muslims' who simply want to live in peace.

The ultimate objective of course is to have ony one religion left in the world.

Keith

In better news, it was reported today that Mohammed Emwazi better known as "Jihadi John" has been "eviscerated" in a US drone strike..

What goes around, comes around brother..

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
"Instantly incinerated" was the way his end was described by the news sources here in the U.S.

Let's hope his soul burns for eternity in those very flames of hell!

Doug

Keith

"Instantly incinerated" was the way his end was described by the news sources here in the U.S.

Let's hope his soul burns for eternity in those very flames of hell!

Doug

I think "Eviscerated" is far more evocative Doug.. It's a traditional way of saying disemboweled although "incinerated" does have a certain ring to it. Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap to be honest...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Is anyone surprised a place like Paris was targeted? The whole darned COUNTRY is a virtual "gun-FREE zone" by law...which means the only people who DO "carry" there are crooks, ordinary loons, terrorist loons and the police.

If memory serves, there is no RIGHT to bear arms in France. Additionally, to simply own a gun, one needs a hunting or "sporting" license. THOSE need to be renewed about every 10 minutes and require that one pass a psychological evaluation to boot. Do you suppose even ONE of the Paris terrorists jumped thru any of those 'legal hoops'? Additionally, how many law-abiding people amongst the dead and wounded do you suppose were "carrying" in defiance of the law? 'Zero' is the figure that comes to mind.

See how E-F-F-E-C-T-I-V-E strict gun control and no RIGHT to bear arms are in preventing mass shootings and facilitating one's own self-defense? What would you suppose the odds are that one HECK of a lot fewer innocent people would have been killed/wounded in the Paris attack if even a couple dozen law-abiding people in the crowd had been legally "carrying" AND had had the guts/will/skill to use their weapons?

It's faaaaaar past time the world woke up to reality where gun laws are concerned.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It is a difficult situation, our recently overthrown Prime Minister Tony Abbott, warned Europe to close their borders two weeks ago and was laughed at by the media. His successor Malcolm Turnbull couldn't even bring himself to utter the words Islam during a speech of condolence to the French, nor could Obama in his speech. While the Western world has a media that laughs at a leader who tells it how it is, and even more powerful leaders cannot bring themselves to utter the word Islam for fear of losing votes we are in a parlous state.

ISiS has already bragged that they were responsible they need to be wiped out.
Although I doubt our mealy mouthed leaders have the will to do so.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 257

Keith

I don't know where to begin on that Larry so I suppose I won't.

Well maybe a little.

The idea is so far fetched that I had to read it twice before I realised you actually meant all that.

I can imagine you standing next to a guy who releases a switch in his hand and next thing you know, you're right up there in harp heaven (assuming you've led a blameless life) and there's Ahmed waiting in line for his virgins, and you saying in a vexed tone " that ain't fair - you never gave me a chance to use my sidearm"

And you seriously think that in a packed darkened auditorium gun toting citizens would bring about instant justice to half a dozen anonymous people dressed just like everyone else?

I'm genuinely astonished.

By the way, there's a lot of guns in Russia but that didn't stop the theatre massacre did it?

Keith

It is a difficult situation, our recently overthrown Prime Minister Tony Abbott, warned Europe to close their borders two weeks ago and was laughed at by the media. His successor Malcolm Turnbull couldn't even bring himself to utter the words Islam during a speech of condolence to the French, nor could Obama in his speech. While the Western world has a media that laughs at a leader who tells it how it is, and even more powerful leaders cannot bring themselves to utter the word Islam for fear of losing votes we are in a parlous state.

ISiS has already bragged that they were responsible they need to be wiped out.
Although I doubt our mealy mouthed leaders have the will to do so.

I think you'll find David Cameron has called out radical Islam on many occasions and has exhorted the Muslim community in the UK to clean up their act...

No PC here Pete...

The roughly 1.3B moderate Muslims need to grow a set of balls and stand up for their "religion of piece". Until they do that they are seen to agree with the fanatics and will only worsen the situation. Someone on the inside needs to "stand up".

Isn't that what happened in Germany during the 20's, 30's and 40's....where the majority simply went along with the minority and let them have their way?

Let me slightly rephrase.

The roughly 1.3B moderate muslems need to grow a set of balls and stand up for their "religion of peace" against the fanatics. Until they do they are only giving tacit approval of the tactics of the fanatics. Someone on the inside needs to "stand up" for themselves.

Back