Terrorist attacks in Paris.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Welcome, Keith, to the (at least in the western world it seems) peculiarly American delusion that more guns, all the time, is the answer to all problems. Very, very odd.

I don't know where to begin on that Larry so I suppose I won't.

Well maybe a little.

The idea is so far fetched that I had to read it twice before I realised you actually meant all that.

I can imagine you standing next to a guy who releases a switch in his hand and next thing you know, you're right up there in harp heaven (assuming you've led a blameless life) and there's Ahmed waiting in line for his virgins, and you saying in a vexed tone " that ain't fair - you never gave me a chance to use my sidearm"

And you seriously think that in a packed darkened auditorium gun toting citizens would bring about instant justice to half a dozen anonymous people dressed just like everyone else?

I'm genuinely astonished.

By the way, there's a lot of guns in Russia but that didn't stop the theatre massacre did it?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
All calm down. Getting up tight is not typical of WOGGs. Jeff - I would never associate you with something like that which Paris sustained last night though I'm afraid that many muslims - good muslims - are going to be condemned as a result.
Also, many muslims who also knew when it was appropriate to speak but didn't will be hiding their faces because of this attack in Paris. Unfortunately there will be anger in Paris that will lump the good and the bad together. That's how it is and people will be injured and killed.
The security forces are not raising our security levels here in the UK because they are already flat out trying to prevent something similar happening here though I fear it may happen sooner rather than later.

I appreciate that DAvid (and Keith). Thanks for it, and I agree it's time for Islam itself to take the lead in cleaning up this mess.

I know many Muslims, all of whom are appalled by this. But they need to clean their own house or we will be forced to do it for them.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know where to begin on that Larry so I suppose I won't.

Well maybe a little.

The idea is so far fetched that I had to read it twice before I realised you actually meant all that.

I can imagine you standing next to a guy who releases a switch in his hand and next thing you know, you're right up there in harp heaven (assuming you've led a blameless life) and there's Ahmed waiting in line for his virgins, and you saying in a vexed tone " that ain't fair - you never gave me a chance to use my sidearm"

And you seriously think that in a packed darkened auditorium gun toting citizens would bring about instant justice to half a dozen anonymous people dressed just like everyone else?

I'm genuinely astonished.

By the way, there's a lot of guns in Russia but that didn't stop the theatre massacre did it?

Well then, given all that, why do you suppose police carry guns anyway, Keith? Why do security personnel who guard politicians, celebrities, and the uber-wealthy carry them? Why do armed forces personnel carry? Answer: It's the only e-f-f-e-c-t-i-v-e defense against any adversaries who ARE armed that one can easily carry around. Just because a sidearm isn't effective 100% of the time is a really DUMB reason to 'opt out' on them.

While it's TRUE that being armed n-e-v-e-r guarantees a-n-y-o-n-e'-s safety/survival in any and all situations/circumstances that could pop up (such as suicide bombers), the odds of survival are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better for those who ARE 'packing' in the majority of self-defense circumstances than for those who aren't.

Guns are like fire extinguishers...those who have them within easy reach are far more likely to at least limit the damage than not.

What's your alternative, e-f-f-e-c-t-i-v-e self-defense suggestion/strategy/tactic?

Last edited:
Unfortunately they've had 40 years or so to police their own through many, many brutal attacks and haven't made a peep. Hopefully they will, but I wouldn't wager on it.

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
One clinical solution came to mind.
A ground war...though it wouldn't last long.
But... a precursor would we dropping leaflets.
Just a gentle reminder.
In the koran is a very small section that deals with
entry into heaven ( hell ?)
It seems that if certain body parts are not intact, it's a NO NO.
Let them know they are completely surrounded, no means of escape
and we have several thousand butchers ready to tear up their visas
to the virgins.
I think that might concentrate their vision.
Especially as vision to the first area concerned is the groin..
Looking around the various vacuous politicians.
I would guess Putin is the only one to do it and not bat an eyelid.
They did it in Lebanon circa 1985, according to an old oppo.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It's time for the moderate Muslims to be heard alright, but their silence is deafening.
Silence is seen as condoning what happened in Paris. Maybe the Mullahs are to busy giving each other high fives to say anything.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I stand by my solution.
My bet is, surrounded, over 50% would reconsider their predicament and overnight, would melt away.... but.

i totaly agree charlie and for the life of me cant figure out why it hasnt already been done.
we know where the majority of them are, we have the personel and the logistics to surround them and squeeze them into submision, so why hasnt it been implemented.

kaspa

Firstly in a way expecting people to condemn the obviously condemnable in a way suggests their basic moral code is in question. However, just to make it absolutely clear yet again I condemn any act of terrorism regardless of what religion race, political party etc etc those terrorists come from, I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

In response to why don't the moderate Muslims speak out I am not sure what you are expecting but it seems to me they are. I really had to think hard about posting this as I am not sure it will do any good, those that want to believe it will those that don't will dismiss it so there is no change, will it change anyone's opinion I doubt it. These are just a few examples of the many out there.

One CIA estimate puts ISIS' total manpower at 31,500, about one-third the capacity of Rose Bowl stadium, or roughly, 0.0019% of the world's total Muslim population when rounding down to 1.6 billion. The idea that the remaining 1,599,965,000 Muslims ought to jump on Twitter and condemn ISIS isn't just silly, it's a definition of prejudice. But here we are. Another attack, another round of people calling on moderate Muslims to condemn something they had nothing to do with.

Nevertheless, Muslims from around the world are making it clear ISIS does not represent their values. Iranian president Hassan Rouhani denounced the attacks, postponing his trip to Europe to renew peace talks on the Syrian conflict. Iran and Iran-backed Hezbollah fight ISIS and other extremists in Syria (as well as non-Salafists). The day before the Paris attacks, militants claiming allegiance to ISIS bombed a civilian area of Beirut in an effort to undermine Hezbollah's support there.

Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, the president of Indonesia, the largest Muslim country on earth, roundly condemned the attacks, telling reporters, "Indonesia condemns the violence that took place in Paris." In a now-viral video on YouTube, a Moroccan man expressed his condolences to the victims, saying, "These so-called jihadists only represent themselves."

Arab states Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar and Egypt have all condemned the attacks, though it should be noted, the unelected rulers who run the Saudi Kingdom and Qatar have routinely funded and armed jihadists in Syria.

The largest Muslim group in the United States, CAIR, quickly condemned the attacks, insisting, "These savage and despicable attacks on civilians, whether they occur in Paris, Beirut or any other city, are outrageous and without justification." The US Council of Muslim Organizations released a statement also condemning the attack.

Thousands more Muslims took to Twitter to express sorrow, solidarity and solace.

Nearer to home for many of you, Ahmed Bedier a Florida-based community organizer, speaker and media commentator, who is widely recognized as an expert on Islamic issues posted this from the Quran on Facebook yesterday.

Whoever kills an innocent person it is as if he has killed all of humanity.

He then added

To the COWARDS behind the #ParisAttacks, this is what Allah says in the Quran about the magnitude of your crime. We pray for peace and relief for the victims and the people of Paris and we ask Allah to rid the world of your kind. (please share and like if you agree)

It has been shared by 49,000 people so far.

Keith

There has been widespread condemnation of this event from leading Muslims worldwide... They should now follow this with action.

NicK well said and very true, so why do so few get off so lightly, like i said we know where they are, and we have the means, so why no action, or maybe this latest atrocity might be the straw that breaks the camels back.
i may be just an old vet sitting safe and sound in suburban Aus but the questions i would like answers too are, 1/ we know where 99% of their funding comes from, so why cant that be stopped, we know how they treat their women, so if any of them want out to become free western women get them out, but them only, leave the men where they are to either join in the fight against ISIS or become part of it and take the consequences, they only use their women and children as shields anyway.
the time for a political solution is way past, unfortunately there is only one way to stop this rot, once and for all.

kaspa

kaspa

NicK well said and very true, so why do so few get off so lightly, like i said we know where they are, and we have the means, so why no action, or maybe this latest atrocity might be the straw that breaks the camels back.
i may be just an old vet sitting safe and sound in suburban Aus but the questions i would like answers too are, 1/ we know where 99% of their funding comes from, so why cant that be stopped, we know how they treat their women, so if any of them want out to become free western women get them out, but them only, leave the men where they are to either join in the fight against ISIS or become part of it and take the consequences, they only use their women and children as shields anyway.
the time for a political solution is way past, unfortunately there is only one way to stop this rot, once and for all.

kaspa

kaspa

Much as I hate violence I think you and Carlie make valid points, I wonder to. The only thing I can think of is maybe when you are actually in the situation fear etc takes over.

I may be totally wrong is it like for example France in 1942, there were 300,000 German soldiers controlling a population of I believe 38 million admittedly not all male adults. Why didn't the men rise up. Perhaps when your actions could effect the lives of your partner wife or children fear takes over.

I have no doubt as David Morton says there will be further innocent casualties, lets hope something can be done but if it is they need to get it right this time to many politicians mistakes in the past which our service personnel have paid the price for.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
ITV news :Two of the the Isis Jihadists in the Paris atrocity were refugees that French immigration allowed entry, and one was known to the police because of known criminal activity.
ps
What about all the criminals at Calais? Will they be rounded up and sent back to their homelands? No more nonsense guys, lets get serious.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
ITV news :Two of the the Isis Jihadists in the Paris atrocity were refugees that French immigration allowed entry, and one was known to the police because of known criminal activity.
ps
What about all the criminals at Calais? Will they be rounded up and sent back to their homelands? No more nonsense guys, lets get serious.

Totally agree about time the world got serious against these arseholes.

The ISIS total of 31,500 is fine, but radical Islamist estimates worldwide based on 1,600,000,000 Muslims are 6% or 96,000,000 to 25% or 400,000,000. That's either about 1/3 of the population of the US or considerably more. That's definitely not the capacity of a football stadium. There are countries that are brimming with radicals, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Iran, Palestine, Lebanon, Yemen, Chechnya, and more. This isn't something to be pushed under the rug as the actions of a few disgruntled radicals. It's been going on since the 70s and before. You can keep your head in the sand if you like, but this will effect your life directly sooner or later. And calling it "work place violence" or an "isolated incident" doesn't change it, it's Islamic terrorism.

Keith

"A total of 89 people are known to have died in the Bataclan, including wheelchair users who were targeted one a time in the disabled area of the concert hall."

Does anyone still feel that it might be useful to sit around a table with these people?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...In the koran is a very small section that deals with
entry into heaven ( hell ?)
It seems that if certain body parts are not intact, it's a NO NO.
Let them know they are completely surrounded, no means of escape
and we have several thousand butchers ready to tear up their visas
to the virgins...

If that section actually exists in the koran, then also mention it'll be done with implements dipped in pigs' blood to boot.

Adopting Gen. "Black jack" Pershing's alleged "pigs blood" tactics in general wouldn't be a bad idea either. E.g.: Smear pigs' blood on all munitions used against any Islamic terrorists anywhere...and actually use pigs' blood in case terrorists test a sample off of spent (or 'captured') munitions to see whether or not it actually IS.

An aside: Yes, I KNOW "Snopes' says [in a looooooooong article]
"We HAVEN'T ELIMINATED THE POSSIBILITY that Pershing at some point chose to deal with a group of "Mohammedan fanatics" in a manner similar to the one described above, but >so far< ALL WE'VE TURNED UP are SEVERAL DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS (note: no mention of them being FALSE) with nothing that D-O-C-U-M-E-N-T-S Pershing's involvement."

But, as that very article points out, there are 'credible' individuals who've recounted the story. And, in any event, just the fact that the alleged 'solution' has been recounted so often suggests it very well may have actually happened.

Pershing and Pigs : snopes.com

It'd be real simple to find out 1st hand whether the "pigs' blood" thing is the 'real deal' or not. Just clone Pershing's "alleged" action involving the 6 captured Muslims. We all know the story: "All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next <NOBR>50 years.</NOBR>" -Snopes

Personally, I'd give it a shot. What is there to lose? Oh...yeah...there IS that "war crimes" thingie...innit... ;)

I was just watching a NFL pre-game show. They were talking about the Homeland Security rapid response teams, SWAT teams, and Police that now have a presence at the NFL games and how what is brought into the games is screened or forbidden. So, not only have the Islamic terrorist cost us billions for added security, they've changed our way of life forever in everything we do. So no matter who you are, this has already effected your life.

Aesop's Fables: The Farmer and the Snake

One winter a Farmer found a Snake stiff and frozen with cold. He had compassion on it, and taking it up, placed it in his bosom. The Snake was quickly revived by the warmth, and resuming its natural instincts, bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. "Oh," cried the Farmer with his last breath, "I am rightly served for pitying a scoundrel."

Moral : The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful.

Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin, "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

Another way to tell it?

Ahmed Almuhamed's passport was allegedly found at the scene of the attacks

Back