Urgent - Anyone know where David Morton is?

Keith

Well since David has brought the subject of 'pills' up, I wonder if anyone would like to see David's new medicine cabinet and his prescription list?

Being David, it is all rather unusual....:quirk:

The Kitchen Floor.. Looks normal (ish)

Med1.jpg

But wait!

Med2.jpg

My God!

Med4.jpg

Speechless...

Med3.jpg

Prescriptions: I'm sure he will not mind me publishing his ailments - and the prescribed medicine...so here goes:

DISEASE WINE DAILY DOSE

Allergies Medoc 1 Glass
Anemia Graves 4 Glasses
Bronchitis Bourgogne or Bordeaux
( + sugar and cinnamon ) 3 cups
Constipation Anjou blanc .. Vouvray 4 glasses
Coronary arteries Dry Champagne 4 glasses
Diarrhoea Beaujolais Nouveau 4 glasses
Fever Champagne Sec 1 bottle
Heart Burgundy , Santenay Rouge 2 glasses
Uric Acid Gout Sancerre, Pouilly Fume 4 glasses
Hypertension Alsace , Sancerre 4 glasses
Menopause (Male) Saint Emilion 4 glasses
Depression Médoc 4 glasses
Obesity Nuits St Georges Burgundy 4 glasses
Rheumatism Champagne (any) 4 glasses
Excessive weight loss Côte de Beaune 4 glasse
s

As you can see, David is suffering a lot but with the help of his daily medicine - is managing very well.....:)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
I'm currently looking at wine coolers for Sarah, my eldest daughter, for her new apartment in W2, and I got to thinking the Rum Runner needs a smallish cooler as well- maybe a 33 bottle - running off a battery and inverter. That sort of size will store about a weeks worth before replenishments. Though not cold enough for Champagne it goes quite a long way to getting it down to those temps and half an hour in the waeco freezer does the rest.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yes - it would be quite impressive if it was. I actually run the 150 bottle three zone wine unit from a German company. Seems quite good - keeps the shampoo at 3c.
and the Barolo at 16c.

Mark,

That's a handsome craft your step-brother Commands, I don't recognize it, tell us about her.

Hi Jim,

Here is a link to the ship's site. It will tell you far more about her than I could. Royal Navy

Prior to commanding Clyde, Steve was in command of HMS Severn and featured in a fly-on-the-wall documentary series on UK TV, with Severn patroling the UK Coast as a Fisheries Protection Vessel. It seems though, that my information re his current posting is concerned, is somewhat out of date!

I think he is awaiting a new command having recently been elevated in rank. Though we are not 'close', having served in the Gulf conflicts, I am extremely proud of him.

My knowledge of water-craft is limited to one of these....

Attachments

• Mirror_image.jpg
    Mirror_image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Nice Cellar David. And by the way, when are you coming up to my neck of the woods?The invitation to drop by is still open. :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Mark.
As soon as my replacements are incorporated I should start getting around again.
I was involved in Operation Tapestry on up to a 4 days per month basis whilst in the Volunteer Reserve flying in the Nimrods. This frequently involved Fishery Protection
work and helping ships such as P282 HMS Severn prosecuting Spanish and French trawlers. They were frequently intercepted and boarded and asked to make there way to Lerwick in the Shetlands or Stornaway in the Isle of Lewis for further prosecution due to illegal net sizes. They often tried to run at night but armed boarding parties soon sorted out their aspirations of freedom..

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It never was really that exciting, thankfully. Long hours of tight turning to get photos to use in court, passengers coming for the ride and realising they didn't like flying and praying for it all to end, the smell of skydrol and avtur and sometimes kilfrost mixed in and all neatly packaged in a nine hour trip. Quite mundane really.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I know we are all happy to hear from David. BUT.........Please don't do that again. I was in the US Coast Guard back in the 70's and I damn near got killed more than once looking for people who didn't turn up when and where they belonged. I say this as nicely as I know how. Please consider other peoples lives are on the line looking for you when you do things like that.

I also understand that I surly am not fully informed on the details of you excursion. If I am out of place then of course I retract my statements as they pertain to you and this incident and instead direct them to a more broad plea to all of the boaters out there to not go out into the vastness of the ocean and not keep in touch, remain on your predetermined panned route and inform others if you change it.

These precautions or lack of have cost a lot of lives and saved many others.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I know we are all happy to hear from David. BUT.........Please don't do that again. I was in the US Coast Guard back in the 70's and I damn near got killed more than once looking for people who didn't turn up when and where they belonged. I say this as nicely as I know how. Please consider other peoples lives are on the line looking for you when you do things like that.

The first few posts had me really worried. Most of the time you find them at the bar with the boat at the dock within a few hours. Usually if it goes until daylight they are never found and the boat or what is left of it washes up on the beach in a day or two. You really had a cold shiver up my spine.

I also understand that I surly am not fully informed on the details of you excursion. If I am out of place then of course I retract my statements as they pertain to you and this incident and instead direct them to a more broad plea to all of the boaters out there to not go out into the vastness of the ocean and not keep in touch, remain on your predetermined panned route and inform others if you change it.

These precautions or lack of have cost a lot of lives and saved many others.

Nice wine cave, Dave. Again glad to hear you are OK and wish you a quick full recovery from you planned operation.

Hmmm...been to Dave´s place the one or other time but can´t really remember the kitchen let alone the medical storage. Must be my age.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Marcus,
Remember we attacked some Barolo from the wine conditioner - the large German unit on the back wall of the kitchen? I don't think we got that squiffy thaqt evening.

Marcus,
Remember we attacked some Barolo from the wine conditioner - the large German unit on the back wall of the kitchen? I don't think we got that squiffy thaqt evening.

How could I possibly forget that evening? Great evening, great time together (...and yes, great wine conditioner).

Has any "Killepitsch" survived? Did you already taste some of the Italian wines from our last meeting in December? (If they were not good, pm should do..."wink")

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
My plan is to visit Steinhagen en route to Northern Italy and have a cultural visit combined with some wine tasting and collecting. Planning to collect some Nebbiolo, Barbera, Montepulcino and Millenium, and loads of Passito.
Most of it will be too young to drink straight away but I'm still on 2003 at the moment so
Plenty of time. It should be ok when I'm 72 plus.
KIllepitsch -all gone alas. Wow, wasn't that powerful.

Back