Wedding?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently there is some sort of a wedding going on in London. Anyone know anything about it? Keith and David you will both be there of course?
How our Prime Minister Juliar a devout republican and a little bit left of Lenin got an invite has me confused. Especially when Obama didn't.

How our Prime Minister Juliar a devout republican and a little bit left of Lenin got an invite has me confused. Especially when Obama didn't.

Probably because although she is Prime Minister, the country still belongs to us. :)

Keith

Did you have to ask Pete? Yes, Billy and I have been mates for years and as for 'Bike Shed' Katie.. pwhoar!

Of course David got an invite but as I drive a 4x4 I'm not allowed in the Abbey and have to wait outside with the plebs and anyway, I don't own a tie.

As a 'nipper' that attended all the big royal occasions including George VI funeral and Elizabeth II Coronation I must say that these do's are an amazing spectacle and I love them, but not on TV.

It's a bit of fun in a dull year.. :)

Actually, I did get in trouble over the last one. As part of the Ministry of Sound team, we beamed a giant slide onto Buckingham Palace during the night shortly after Charles & Di's divorce saying

"Ministry of Sound - Lasts Longer Than a Royal Marriage"

We were almost put in the Tower! Of course, when the Australians tried to do this before the Ashes in London recently - they were waiting for them!

think mostly the daughters of pete and dave will be glued to television looking the wedding of the modern fable.

Dont really see my old beloved british pilot Dave with british flag there smiling, screaming and jumping. He will be probably looking some planes dashboards or looking for some italian barolo at a good price around.
And Pete is probably thinking at his boat somewhere in australia or maybe to a new wonderful horse to collect :)

Btw..I see The baron Keith is there, crying, with little funny hat...smiling..calling william!!! waiting for kate arrival. :D:D:D

here indeed we have just berlo thinking to his chicks and planning to bomb gheddafi.

Keith

think mostly the daughters of pete and dave will be glued to television looking the wedding of the modern fable.

Dont really see my old beloved british pilot Dave with british flag there smiling, screaming and jumping. He will be probably looking some planes dashboards or looking for some italian barolo at a good price around.
And Pete is probably thinking at his boat somewhere in australia or maybe to a new wonderful horse to collect :)

Btw..I see The baron Keith is there, crying, with little funny hat...smiling..calling william!!! waiting for kate arrival. :D:D:D

here indeed we have just berlo thinking to his chicks and planning to bomb gheddafi.

You just know us all too well Paulo - that is scary.. :laugh:

(BTW my daughters will be no doubt watching too mate :) )

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Paolo,

At least YOUR leader is shagging young chicks and partying.......our leaders are shagging US and partying!

The TV went on this AM just as Katy was stepping out of the Roller at the Abbey. Geez, I wonder what the final bill will be????? I told my wife I want a suit like Willy is wearing.....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Billy's suit is a ripper I love red. Katie! What a good sort and her sister aint half bad either. A lot of prayers going on, I thought Liz was nodding off at one stage.
Highlight was Phil the Greek singing God save the missus.

Just incredible to see the beauty of kate compared to lady D one at her wedding time. Miss Spencer was a lot younger and looked a lot older. katie is the opposite.A little Milf, I dare to say also.

Btw the younger clone sister is still available?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The Queen doesn't sing "God Save the Queen"??? Or would it be "God Save Me??" And of course we in the ex-colonies co-opted the tune and changed the words.

Nobody does pomp and fluff like the Brits......

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
i really would like to make the most bastrad bad question possible in this great event..

can I my friends?..can I?... LOL

who pays all this? :D
As Always the tax payer. But frankly I'd rather my tax $ went to a celebration
like this than a politician's visit to a U.N. cocktail party.

How nice to see tens of thousands of decent people NOT breaking windows, throwing fire extinguishers off rooftops etc...

I'm ambivalent when it comes to royalty, but I will say that we do pomp and ceremony very well, and I feel a small swelling of pride in my chest. We are a very small island after all....

Two botles of Tattinger gone. A half drunk father in law nodding off.

Yep, I'm English all right ;)

Oh, and I agree with Paulo and Pete - Kate's sister is FIT :)

I must have missed it. I saw some sort of ceremony leading up to a Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire flyover.
Great flyover but the leadup was a bit overdone...

Still, I'd rather see the planes than some wedding...

Tim.

I must have missed it. I saw some sort of ceremony leading up to a Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire flyover.
Great flyover but the leadup was a bit overdone...

Still, I'd rather see the planes than some wedding...

Tim.

Bloody colonials ;)

Keith

Very well done and they look good together. I thought the Lancaster cockpit video from Jake Humphrey was awesome!

I notice that the US papers were generally slagging it off with headlines like 'Tarnished Crown' etc, but many ordinary US citizens made the trip in person.

What an amazing amount of flags & support from Canada!

Yes, the taxpayer may well be paying but with over 500,000 visitors from overseas to London for this week alone, I reckon the books will be balanced OK.

+ 1 Pete - that is exactly the way to look at it... :)

Back