What is the build and delivery time of your RF?

Re: The excrement slinging match

Let's all stand back and look at this in a rational manner. Here we have a constructor (Robert Logan) who has had to establish a facilty in a far off country to enable RF to provide a superb car at a competitive price whilst maintaining "best of the breed' He has left behind his wife and children and gone half way round the world to help deliver a dream to some who appear to want to give him grief. I find the whole thing quite bizarre. Pete who posts often on this forum waited virtually two years for his DRB as did I for my RF Turnkey. We both found the wait frustrating. But good things come to those who wait. I have no interest in RF other than being one of their very very happy customers with the belief that they provide, with great integrity and passion, a stunning car. Regards.

[ QUOTE ]
I can ask as many questions as I like... I AM THE CUSTOMER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver. As a self employed person, I think you probably know that this is not true (unless of course by "can" you mean that it’s not illegal). I think that common courtesy, if not common sense, says that your business related questions should be limited to items that affect you and your direct dealings. I think you asked some relevant questions a long time ago and RF had responded with a more than reasonable answer to those questions. I really don’t understand why you are now so dissatisfied with that answer.

I have said this before and I will say it again. In my view, RF’s integrity is without question. Robert Logan has personally gone out of his way many times to assist me in areas that he is not obligated to do so just because he wants his customers to be happy.

I hope that this post is not coming across too negative. I am mainly writing this to put your mind (and anyone else who might be reading this) at ease. My personal dealings with RF have left me as a very satisfied customer and I don’t believe that your “contract” could be in better hands. So, hiccups aside, I hope that you continue enjoying your experience of being a GT40 enthusiast and don’t let it sour before it has even begun.

Re: New Poll Question

I think it is time Ron steps in here . Although this is the internet there are some guidlines to be followed for a forum to be a healthy atmosphere . Otherwise members will start to leave.
Oliver, Im not trying to sling mud at you , but if you didnt really have a order in with RF, I would think you are about 12 years old. But then again , maybe you are and by the time your 16 , you will have your car finally. LOL Maybe you should try and restrain yourself and keep this a little more buisness like. There have been many CAVs for sale in the US and they are a very nice car as well. Maybe you should check one out.

Attachments

• 68728-crash.gif
    68728-crash.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 270

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I'm trully sorry for my actions and If I offended anyone I'm truly sorry, but as you can read the last thread, he did'nt want to sling mud as he states...but then he throws a mud pie.. I think alot of threads that people write need to be more thought through before you start typing. Including Myself. I know many have enjoyed the antics but believe me it is no fun for me. And exspecially for
Robert and his Company. All I ask is for anserws in a reasonable amount of time with out having to ask time and time again. Remember! We are laying alot of money down by mear trust and pictures that
we see on the forum. All I ask Is a weekly update on progress...That is not asking much. If there are delays, Fine! as long as we are informed. Most of us are professionals or buisiness owners.
If we didn't give information to our customers they slowly go away. I know that I have been out spoken and rude to Robert and to alot of the forum members. I emailed robert and expressed my apollogy. And to the forum members that I have offended I am also sorry. Now lets move on and try to conduct ourself in a nice mannor.

Regards

Oliver

Gents,

To shed a little bit of impartial light on the situation here.......I am working and living in Cape Town for the last 2 years only 2mins from CAV and 5 from RF. 6 months ago I visited Rob's facilities and saw a number of chassis's........full stop.

I decided for a number of reasons such as Mono and the probabilty that my job could move me within the year made me decide to purchase a component CAV from autofutura.......A decision that I am happily in the midst of right now.

Well I went to visit RF and Robert last week, somewhat because of all of the heat that is on this chat. I was quite surprised at the extent of progress in the facility, well organized 4 chassis's dressed to completion 2rhd and 2lhd. The new body excluding sills being gapped on another chassis. I am impressed with the mould output and I think that those persons waiting will not be disappointed.

Dont get me wrong I am a CAV fanatic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and I am happy with my decision but I am sure that RF shall meet all your expectations.

My personal opinion is that this destructive interference just sapps time that the manufacter can ill afford to lose, worsening the situation for all. Even worse nobody wants compromise, haste to deliver sub-quality product.

Stephen Robertson
CAV109MONO

[ QUOTE ]
but then he throws a mud pie..

[/ QUOTE ]
Oliver I knew you would say something like that. I also thought about it before I posted it. You deserved it and I was being nice about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifEveryone on this board has gone through much more issues than you have to aquire and or build a GT. Your car is not late till those 10 months are up and even then its only 1 month as of now. I believe from other posts your deposit has been offered back . Seems to me you should take them up on their offer.It would be hard to believe no matter how good the car RF supplys to you would make you happy. Just my opinion . I am going back out in my shop to do some more work on my RF deluxe kit. By the way, it was ordered in the month of December 03, arrived at my home in late July 04 and remember it was a kit. I stayed calm and cool. Many things were out of RFs hands (shipping, striking truckers, poor customs flow etc,,,) I think RF is doing the right thing to further refine the product and hopefully some other buyer will get your car # and appreciate the time and effort that goes into building such a vehicle.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

I can appreciate the points that are relevant to both sides of this discussion, the facts, the expectations and the culmination of it all in that much anticipated joyous moment of delivery. Different people have different expectations but surely there is no need for ANYONE on this forum to engage in personal attacks and slanging matches over different points of view. A bit more restraint by everyone would ensure that this forum remains the enjoyable and informative place that it is.Truce everybody?

Regards,

Conversashun stopper you....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Yeah a real kill-joy. That's just me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifCharacter assasination is really much more fun than debating the issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

having read through this thread just wanted to say my chasis is #118 and is long awaited.It was ordered a year ago at exeter show .Rick Chatell has been constantly badgered (please note spelling) about its delivery and has put considerable effort into explaining the delays in delivery.

Hopefully the quick build will be despatched this month to arrive pre christmas.Like others, waiting patiently seems the best approach,after all RF have managed to build their reputation on quality which in itself encouraged us all to leave a hefty deposit with them.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah a real kill-joy. That's just me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifCharacter assasination is really much more fun than debating the issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Russ, I was sitting here laughing my head off and here you are asking everyone to take a pull. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (sorry Mitch) of course I meant a pull on the reins. Oh well back to debating the boring old issues. Gotta admit it was fun while it lasted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I thought I was doing pretty well entertaining the troops too. How often do I have a world wide audience!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was thinking about stirring the pot some more by noting that the RF South Africa site pics on the other thread by Hersh were excellent scale models - and they'd surely fool the unsuspecting customer. Alas, he posted a photo with people! So unless I can convince everyone that those "people" are intricately crafted tiny mannequins....

Just kidding of course - the RF-SA site looks great to me. I like a nice clean shop without tools, coffee cups, food wrappers strewn about. Just 100% business. I'd say Robert definitely knows what he's doing.

Cheers,
Mitch D

[ QUOTE ]

i missspleel becasue i type fsat and dont care what you think ..when it is needed, I type correctly with perfect spelling and grammer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be "grammar".

Scott

Boy, this "Oliver" character sure knows how to fire things up. Quite like a nasty rash at the wrong time

Bill D

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
The list below shows shipping dates, type and chassis number for the first 24 cars. We have some additional cars ordered but I do not have these details with me in South Africa.

#118 Q UK Nov'05
#119 Q UK Nov'05

#108 TK USA Dec'05
#109 TK USA Dec'05

#120 D UK Dec'05
#137 D UK Dec'05

#110 T USA Jan'06
#115 T USA Jan'06

#124 T UK Feb'06 UK Demo
#132 T UK Feb'06

#126 D USA Feb'06
#135 D USA Feb'06

#125 D UK Mar'06
#142 T UK Mar'06

#121 T USA Mar'06
#122 T USA Mar'06

#128 UK Apr'06
#160 Q UK Apr'06

#127 T USA Apr'06
#129 T USA Apr'06

#136 T USA May'06
#116 T USA May'06

#139 T USA May'06
#150 T USA May'06

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear RF,

So where do we stand on shipping dates and chassis numbers as listed here? Did the two quick builds ship in November? And, the more important question, from my standpoint, is are the two turn key cars for the US going to ship on time? And, how have cancellations played into the projected shipping times listed here?

Thanks much,
Ron

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Ron,

The first two cars due to leave for the UK are almost ready. The final shipment from Australia of all the parts required for the first EIGHT cars arived in Cape Town airport yesterday afternoon. The consignment should clear customs sometime today or tommorow. It will then be unpacked and split into its various areas for outward shipping. I had to pull in a favour to get this shipment on a plane as I was told that there was no space on any plane before Christmas only last Thursday and the shipment left Melbourne on Sunday.

The thing that has been slowing us down is the body panels and the manufacturer is making the fourth set of parts as I write this. The first set of body parts have been primed in blue and the second are being fitted to the chassis / body jig again as I write this. These first two I still hope will get our the door before Christmas. A slight hick up are the exhaust systems. Rob Senekal has made a slipped die for the people that make the exhaust system to enable them to bend the very tight radii close to the heads. These are the little distractions that are causing me the hassles.

Regarding the first turn key cars to the USA they are largely there except again for the bodywork. With the parts from Australia and the deliveries due over the next week or so in South Africa they should be ready EARLY in the new year. The car bodies need to be painted as soon as it has been received and preped.

The major problems have been associated with the South African shareholders. As most of you know I own Roaring Forties in Australia 100%. This has its drawbacks but the major advantage is that I am allowed to drive the business in the direction I choose. I am allowed to make the decissions myself (obviously with the help of some very close friends and confidants - Hersh, you are one of those). However South Africa has been a very strange venture for me with them being a 'supplier' of mine. This I am glad to say has changed and I have finalised a buy out of all the South African shareholders and will own the South African part of the business 100% within hours. This I am very glad about. This my staff in South Africa are very glad about and this my wife has supported me in doing. The reason that I commented about my wife supporting me regarding the decission is that I expect to spend most of the next six months here in Cape Town.

My intention is to mirror image the Australian factory, all the machinary and tools into Cape Town. Most of this infastructure is here already but some parts are being made out of house that we make in house in Australia and I will bring those operations back in house in Cape Town.

I have had one hell of a lot on my plate in Cape Town over the last two months. I have gone through the emotional rolercoaster with some of the lowest lows being generated by comments I have seen here. I am sure that almost all of our customers have some idea of the complexity of the task at hand and for all those who have supported me I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have done the maths regarding the cost of the RF against the other manufacturers. I can work out what is the BEST deal as you have all done. The numbers are not just slightly better than the other manufacturers they are much better. My intention was to supply our cars at the RIGHT price. This we are very close to doing and with my 100% ownership of the project I can now make sure it happens.

Best wishes to you all,

Robert

Robert,
That's great news that you have now control over your SA business. I'm sure it is also a comfort to you customers to know that you are steering the ship. Sad to hear we won't have you home for a while, it must be difficult to be away from the ones you love for so long.
Rob S is doing a sterling job on #95, and all is going well. I'm working on a few potential sales for you, there's quite a few people eagerly awaiting the "birth" of the 4.6L Roaring Forties.
Hang in there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Congrats on the Cape Town business acquisition, Robert. You're certainly dedicated. Probably a little nuts too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Many thanks for the positive comments regarding the RF take over. Unfortunately it was required but I am so glad that this has happened. I supose it had to happen !!!!

I have just posted some photographs of the first tinted / primed set of body parts. On previous posts there were some photographs of the second body and this body will be primed in the next few days. I can also confirm that the first two quick build kits will leave Cape Town before Christmas. The first two turn keys cars to the US will follow shortly after and the production will increase to catch up with the schedule that Ron has copied above. I hope that this schedule will actualy improve as I will return after my Christmas break in Australia in early Jan to push the isue.

To all those who have shown faith and support and in particular to Ron Earp, Hershal and Rick who have been responding to those questions of when, I pay particular thanks.

I am finally happy with my place and the fact that we can now produce.

Best wishes,

Robert

Back