What is the build and delivery time of your RF?

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Robert,

I am happy to hear about the latest developments at RF. I know it is very hard to run a business, and much harder when you don't have total control. I'm sure that I am not alone in watching and waiting and saving for the day (hopefully sooner than later) when we can place a deposit and order our own RF GT40. All this to say that you will certainly have a lot of business waiting when these bumps sort themselves out. All the best wishes for great success!

John B

Temp Selling Pass
It's 6 days till xmass and all through the house...
A gt40 is stirring waiting to get out of the house...
We wait and wait to see what SANTA brings...
But only to wake up with coil over springs...
I kick and scream OH OH Santa Oh Santa what have I done..
You promissed me my car that you have not begun..
So I sit and wait for my dream to come true..
That one day I can believe Santa through and through....

RF
118,119,108,109,120,137 should be on Santa's sleigh....

HAPPPPY HOLIDAYSSSSSS

Oliver

the poet
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Oliver, I heard you already bought a RF completed car ? Do you still have one on order ? Come to think of it didnt you just get outbid on that original one on eBay.I think their is plenty of time left to bid again if you were serious. Are you trying to buy multiple cars all at the same time ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif Wow that would be impressive.
Well I just got home from work, out to the shop for me to work on my build.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
The anserw is

YES!
YES!
no! The chap want's 2 mill. 1 mill more than I want to spend...

Not trying to impress anybody...I have nothing to prove! Good luck with your building!

Happy Holidays

Oliver

Mate, with the grief you've given Robert, i could think of one place he'd like to fit it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ow! good one..

But i'm not the one that has been waiting 2yrs. So you got it BIG 1 were the sun don't shine! Besides the greif is his own demise.

Happy Holidays

Oliver

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I don't know where you are getting TWO years from. I first time I spoke with Rob Senekal in South Africa was in August 2005, the agreement to build cars in Cape Town was after his visit to Australia at the start of THIS year and the first Roaring Forties car only arived in Cape Town on 18th. March 2005 (some 9 months and a few days ago).

My first contact with customers regarding the Cape Town builds was to pass on to customers who had already ordered cars at the OLD price that if they were prepared to wait that I could save them as much as US$ 15,000. This original contact was made in the UK at the Exeter Kit Car Show in late November last year and with the first US customers at the same time. It was in LATE January of this year that I confirmed the operation with my agents and on 1 February 2005 that the NEW web site and NEW prices were released. All of this has taken just over ONE YEAR and not two as you have implied.

This has been a very long and very hard road that has taken much longer than I had hoped but it is with great pleasure that I can say that the first two cars (Quick build kits) are NOW on their way to the UK (pictures below).

I appologise that I have taken so long with the cars but if were easy all would be doing it.

I take exception to the implications that I have been steeling customers monies or even misusing it, nothing could be further from the truth. I have 'tipped' a small fortune of my own monies into the project, I have had to sell many of my own toys to ensure that this VERY COMPLEX project actually worked.

Again those who have supported me I thank, others on this forum can and have made up their own opinions on some of the deflamatory comments that have been made here and sometimes I realy do wish that I never supported the starting of this forum (at least more that 90% of the threads are either informative or in good taste).

I wish ALL a very merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year,

Best wishes,

Robert

Attachments

• 70810-DSC03405.JPG
    70810-DSC03405.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 233
Hey Oliver your car is the one with the square tires! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif
Keep up the good work Robert. Thank you for your vision and passion for GT40's and the wisdom you share.
Happy Holidays.

Andy

Robert,

Congratulations on your S/A operation. Not everyone could pull off a move like that. Hell, some can't even stay in business where they started!

I bought my car from Ron about this time last year and it is coming along nicely, although a bit more slowly than I would like, but only because I don't have as much time to dedicate as I would like. I want to thank you for your help and supporting me with parts and OUTSTANDING service this year. Hershal has been very helpful as well. I'm really glad I bought an RF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

As for the derogeratory comments made by certain people, you'll be happy to know that I never read any of them because I have him or ignore this user. I laugh out loud every time he post and I don't have to read his BS. It' one of life's simple pleasures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I would like to wish you and your entire staff a Very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Robert,

Sorry for the confusion regarding the 2 years..I have had SO MANY many E-mails in regards to disatifaction with LACK or No information, I had you mixed up with the gentelman in OZ with the 4.6 waiting for emmisons to pass his car. As per implications regarding to you stealing customers money, I'm sure you did not implie me. If so, please be more specific were you saw such implication
of theft written by me. If you would like me to cc. copies of e-mails on the forum regarding your customer concerns I would be happy to do so. Otherwise, I would like an open forum appolgy by you. If you were not implieing me than ignore this thread and I appologize. I will wait for you reply on the forum or personal or E-MAIL.

Regards

Oliver

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Dan,

It is funny that you popped up - I was just thinking about you and the car the other day! I was thinking about all the time I've put in race cars and racing this year, and, if I'd done that to the RF I'd have been WAY past finished and driving on the road. Sort of made me depressed for a short while since I've been without GT40. But, you have to follow your heart and I needed to race wheel to wheel and get started down that road.

I've had concerns over the SA RF cars, not with respect to if I'll get one, but when, but that doesn't bother me so much. Yes, I'd like the car now, but it'll be along before too much longer. I'm not defending the delays, but I can sypathize with them since I do a lot of overseas business, it is damn hard and trying on Robert. Besides, we're building our fourth Spec Miata and fire up is in a few days and I couldn't have done any of this racing stuff had I been building #44. Have you got any new pictures of progress? How about motor, started learning about building real V8s and forgotten about those Chevy motors yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Andy!!! your so funny! Sell your beat GTD yet? What is the price down too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif now if you did'nt sell it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

As far as you know.
I've got a '74 Alfa GTV I will be taking to a club trackday at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet in early spring. Will any of your GT40's be running then or will you still be driving a keyboard? I would love to see one of the monsters you have built with your undisputable knowledge. You should bring one out even if you don't know how to drive it....there will be mini-vans out during touring you should be able to humiliate to your satisfaction.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ahhhh Andy,

I will picking up my car GT 40 in feb and my 65,66 gt350 are ready to go,,, Your little Alfa will get dusted..thats a fact! ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fyi.gifOliver

Cool, I will contact you with info in a few weeks. As far as dusting my Alfa...I would hope so as I'm running a breath taking 110hp and not much of a driver to boot! It'll be fun anyway.

Andy..
there will be one of my RCR70's running at the Autobahn Country Club later in 06 as a customer is having one built as a turnkey racer(not by RCR)..he currently has a Daytona Coupe being finished and then the 3b....

That is great news Fran, I would love to see him run!

Oliver you expect RF to move their factory to another continent and shit perfection in several months, surely you could pick up your turnkey and simply install the engine/trans by the end of March.
I have had my engine and trans out, apart and back in in a day by myself and I am but a lowly carpenter. A man with your understanding of machinery, wealth and managerial skills should have his turnkey running in days.

Back