What is the build and delivery time of your RF?

Hey Ron,

The car is coming slowly. I am ready to install the latches that hold on the front and rear clips. Even though you and Herschel had the body set in place it took me a while to get it to fit exactly like I wanted it. I'm really quite happy with the way it turned out. It will still need some filling and fairing here and there, but i guess it is to be expected. I will say it was a definite challenge, but worth the effort.

I have not yet started the engine build yet but hopefully I will begin in the spring. I'm really looking forward to that process to begin.

I will post some pictures sometime over the Christmas holiday.

No, I haven't forgotten about my Chevy YET. I do get to take it out and row through the gears every once in a while. Great fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif In fact, I think I'll drive to work tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cars look great Robert, congrats to you and your crew.
Merry Christmas to all on the forum and especially all those that have helped me and provided the support , humor and camaraderie to make this a worth while task of building a GT-40./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

And Ron, dont make too much fun of those chevys, There are two Dan's in a row here that are fond of them, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif,,lol.Besides every time I talk to Dan Mattingly on the phone I tell him I'll take that off his hands because he shouldnt have a chevy anymore,,LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Oliver,

The gentleman in Aus with the 4.6 car is Tim Makie. His chassis was started in September 2004 and the car was started in March or April 2005. The car has been running through emmission tests since then and is now at 40% requirements for CO and just over 70% requirement for HC and NOX combined. The car was due for delivery almost SIX months ago but the complexities of the Australian Design Rules and in particular the evaporative and emmissions have been a huge hurdle. This I have explained on MORE THAN ONE OCCASION but still some choose not to read it or I supose not to believe what I say. This car is not TWO years behind nor has the owner been waiting for TWO years so I still do not know which car you are talking about. It must be some other manufacturer you are talking about !!!!!!

Best wishes to all,

Happy Christmas,

Robert

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Fran,

While I can't afford to be a member of the Autobahn Country Club, I have had a great time when my club has rented the track for a weekend. Their website is here:

http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/

It's also one of the only places you are likely to see bicycles parked like this:

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 70885-DSCF0571.JPG
    70885-DSCF0571.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 246

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Robert & Hershal,

The cars look just superb. Thanks for the update!

Happy Holidays to the entire Roaring Forties family & all the members of this forum.

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 70886-Untitled-1.jpg
    70886-Untitled-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 245

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Andy,
thanks for the kind words though greatly appreciated, I look for no attention regarding my wealth or mechanical abilities. Yes!it is true that I can have the turkey up and running in days...As far as the autobahn, let me know...I will be more than happy to show up to give you a driving lesson or 2. As for your job...You should not put yourself as a carpenter down....Jesus was a carpenter and look what he did in a week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Merry Xmass

Regards oliver

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Yes!it is true that I can have the turkey up and running in days...
Merry Xmass

Regards oliver

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver,
That must be one helluva "turkey".
I usually only cook mine for 20 minutes per pound.

Qoute..."Jesus was a carpenter and look what he did in a week".

I thought Jesus was the son and God was the one who had a busy week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So Oliver, which Manufaturers car did you buy if you are picking up a turn key in February?

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Yes he was the son of god!
Again I type fast so i gues i'm the turkey and not the turn key.

I purcahse a RF from a private individual.I am currently having the ZF transaxle fitted and the engine i'm in the process of building. I will post photo's when it is completed.

Regards oliver

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Something that I read some time ago and with the "turkey - Turn key" mistake that is just a minor glitch compared to some of my foopas I thought I would share with you.

Please enjoy !!!!

This condition is known as TYPOGLYCEMIA.

Please do not delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you CAN read this.

I cdnuolt biveiee taht I cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mmses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseas the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is cllaed ;

Typoplycemia

Aazanig huh ? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt......

For those who have had the mispleasure of reading some of my posts and have not commented on the poor spelling, I thank and at least I now have an excuse.

Best wishes to all,

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year,

Robert

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Robert
I get a lot of humour from your terrible spelling it's "faux pas" by the way not "foopas" but what I like is the fact that you are aware of it and continue to write on the forum without worrying about it.At the end of the day we all know what you mean and your not the only one with the affliction. Keep it up and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Regards Ross

I type in the post box, cut and then paste in a outlook express new mail box, hit spell check, then cut and paste back into the forum post box. Not as hard as it sounds. Although I noticed Outlook does not always catch everything worng. LOL Hey Ron thanks for the B-day cake by my name !

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
Typoplycemia

Gentlemen,
Pure humbug and gobbledegook ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

'Probably another politically correct palliative for the shortfall of literati in modern higher education.
Nevertheless, minor typographical errors are accepted.

Your V Truly,

Grumpy - sitting here, post repast, and trying to digest a Turn-Key dinner.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Spelling dosnot messure inttelignce ! You can spell everything wright and not say anything and the words mean nothing. Or you can come up with E=Mc2 and destroy the world!

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. Trying to speak, spell, present yourself to your audience to your BEST ABILITY shows respect for your audience. Some of our english as a 2nd, 3rd, etc. language show great effort to communicate properly on this english speaking forum. I respect and honor their efforts. Those of us who use our native language not to OUR BEST ability shows disrespect for ourselves and our audience by essentially saying we are not worth the effort.
What does this have to do with RF build and delivery anyway?

Back