where are the Arabs happy?

Keith

Learning about cars Jeff? In the Paddock? Are you deranged? :stunned: :laugh:

It is certainly interesting to learn the views of others especially from other countries - it can be so educational.

I would have to say there is stuff I do not agree with that is posted here but not being dogmatic, I read the posts to discover if there is an awareness or a knowledge that I have missed.

Anyway, your Rule No.1 enshrines the notion that you have a right of free speech which is more than we have. Would you deny others the very rights that you enjoy? Is this your personal idea of 'democracy' at work?

I do however wish to be associated with some of the comments made on this thread. Further I do firmly believe that the West is in rapid decline and has to be completely broken before it can be fixed and I also believe that the United States is going to experience some major internal strife in the coming years. From which direction I know not, but it could be from everywhere at once.

As has often been pointed out by many of your compatriots, we in Europe are already doomed, toothless weak and vacillating and you will not come to save us ever again and for that, we thank you in advance.

I am very mindful also of the fact that much of the very high technology weaponry that has and is being developed by the USA, especially those that exhibit a high guarantee of lethality whilst minimising collateral damage, are designed almost exclusively for use in an urban environment.

The question you have to ask is - who's?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What right of free speech am I denying to anyone? You have the right in the US to post all the stupid stuff you want on the Blabbernet about how evil Muslims are.

You also have the choice to educate yourself and not do that, or to keep your stereotyping to yourself.

I'm not sure what off kilter conspiracy website fueled that last paragraph -- so you are saying that WE are coming for YOU? Or are you saying the evil jackboots of the US Federal Bureau of Extermination are coming for all of us?

I love the internet for its ability to find me information about a whole host of things. I loathe the internet for the amount of exposure it gives the fringe, lunacy, conspiracy theorists, racists, hatemongers, etc.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

My friend, when did you become a glass 7/8ths empty guy?

The western world is not doomed, the western world gets better every day and this will continue far beyond the lives of any of us.

Crime is way down, no matter what conservatives say taxes and Governent spending is way down, much less than when the Great Ronald Reagan ran things.

Terrorists are on the run, personal freedoms are increasing almost everywhere, food and medical care are much more plentiful. Sure there are many places where thing need to get better, but they are.

Keith you should not let yourself become a grumpy old man, you will enjoy life much more if you accentuate the positive.......

I heard that one of the best selling books in India, Pakistan is......Yankee go home............and take me with you.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Code:
HTML:
More positive thoughts:

Comunisum, the scourge of the last 100 years is gone

Bin Laden is dead

Thanks to the Internet and aircraft, English will become the world language

Aids is becoming manageable

Cancer is becoming manageable

The average life expectancy continues to grow

A black person has become the leader of the free world
Code:

The power and education of women has been increasing

WWIII never happened

Here is a list of things we have been most afraid of:

The Yellow peril

Irish, Italian take over of America

Fashism

The great Communist conspiracy

Black Panthers

SLA

Teachers

Liberals

Consevatives

Japan

Aids

Bin Laden

Hippies

Drugs

Cuba

Now you are worried about Muslums?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys

Stop letting the fear mongers run your life.

They have been around forever and sways will be around. They only get power when people listen to them.

Last edited:
Jim...you forgot to mention "Global warming" in your afraid of list..
or is that crackpot theory something that YOU believe in?
More positive thoughts:

Comunisum, the scourge of the last 100 years is gone

Bin Laden is dead

Thanks to the Internet and aircraft, English will become the world language

Aids is becoming manageable

Cancer is becoming manageable

The average life expectancy continues to grow

A black person has become the leader of the free world

The power and education of women has been increasing

WWIII never happened

Here is a list of things we have been most afraid of:

The Yellow peril

Irish, Italian take over of America

Fashism

The great Communist conspiracy

Black Panthers

SLA

Teachers

Liberals

Consevatives

Japan

Aids

Bin Laden

Hippies

Drugs

Cuba

Now you are worried about Muslums?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I see this a lot, typically from middle aged white guys without any scientific background. I am curious as to what scientific reading/study you did in reaching this conclusion?

Jim...you forgot to mention "Global warming" in your afraid of list..
or is that crackpot theory something that YOU believe in?

I was amazed the other day to read a "poll" (always questionable I know) stating that something like 80% of white male Americans who indentify as conservative, don't believe the Earth is warming, that the scientific evidence to the contrary is a fraud, and an even higher percentage believed that if the Earth was warming, humans had nothing to do with it.

But then I realized that this is the basically the "party line" from the blabberheads on Fox and the internet and talk radio, a message that drowns out even the reasonable Republicans like John McCain, George Bush, Mitt Romney and others who have looked at the actual scientific evidence and realized that despite Al Gore being a hypocritical douche at times, this isn't a political issue and the scientific evidence of actual warming is substantial.

Now, where everyone agrees the debate is is whether humans are having any impact on the warming and if so, is there anything we can do about it. But the "it's a fraud!" stuff is really quite medieval in its anti-scientific nature.

Here's a quick summary of the world scientific community's (and no, they are not all part of a vast global conspiracy to dupe white males out of money via carbon taxes) views on the subject:

1. No scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, which in 2007 updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position. Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions.

2. Since 2001, 32 national science academies have come together to issue joint declarations confirming anthropogenic global warming, and urging the nations of the world to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. The signatories of these statements have been the national science academies:

of Australia,
of Belgium,
of Brazil,
of Cameroon,
Royal Society of Canada,
of the Caribbean,
of China,
Institut de France,
of Ghana,
Leopoldina of Germany,
of Indonesia,
of Ireland,
Accademia nazionale delle scienze of Italy,
of India,
of Japan,
of Kenya,
of Madagascar,
of Malaysia,
of Mexico,
of Nigeria,
Royal Society of New Zealand,
Russian Academy of Sciences,
of Senegal,
of South Africa,
of Sudan,
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences,
of Tanzania,
of Turkey,
of Uganda,
The Royal Society of the United Kingdom,
of the United States,
of Zambia,
and of Zimbabwe.

I don't know but I *think* those organizations are made up of scientists.

3. 97–98% of the climate researchers most actively publishing in the field support the tenets of ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change) outlined by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the relative climate expertise and scientific prominence of the researchers unconvinced of ACC are substantially below that of the convinced researchers.

4. Dennis Bray and Hans von Storch conducted a survey in August 2008 of 2058 climate scientists from 34 different countries. A web link with a unique identifier was given to each respondent to eliminate multiple responses. A total of 373 responses were received giving an overall response rate of 18.2%. No paper on climate change consensus based on this survey has been published yet (February 2010), but one on another subject has been published based on the survey.
The survey was composed of 76 questions split into a number of sections. There were sections on the demographics of the respondents, their assessment of the state of climate science, how good the science is, climate change impacts, adaptation and mitigation, their opinion of the IPCC, and how well climate science was being communicated to the public. Most of the answers were on a scale from 1 to 7 from 'not at all' to 'very much'.

In the section on climate change impacts questions 20, 21 were relevant to scientific opinion on climate change. Question 20 "How convinced are you that climate change, whether natural or anthropogenic, is occurring now?" got 67.1% very much agree, 26.7% to some large extent (5–6), 6.2% said to some small extent (2–4), none said not at all. Question 21 "How convinced are you that most of recent or near future climate change is, or will be, a result of anthropogenic causes?" received 34.6% very much agree, 48.9% agreeing to a large extent (5–6), 15.1% to a small extent (2–4), and 1.35% not agreeing at all.

Keith

Well, I certainly seem to have poked the fire here a bit. Sorry guys, didn't mean to but these things are discussed very often at our weekly meetings and one of the reasons we were originally formed (UK Disabled Militia - Mobility Corps), in fact we have been training quite extensively for urban conflict for the past 2 years..

I assumed you have the same system in the US?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Time to put the scores on the doors.
The US emits more green house gas and carbon , per head, than any other country. When Kyoto was discussed and agreed, the US signed and committed to reducing its emissions by 6%. Did it? Did it hell. It has pulled out the Kyoto agreement and now the carbon dioxide emissions from the USA has increased to in excess of the 1990 levels.
Carbon - green house gas - global warming - hugging polar bears. Tell it to the common man here inthe UK. He gives diddly squat - denada - not a jot of interest in anything anybody says - especially someone from the U.S.A. advocating the evil of global warming. This man struggles to make ends meet, the government on one hand gives him something towards his fuel bill for heating if he's my age and takes it away again with higher value added taxes on the other. He has to keep working at menial tasks to make ends meet and as he struggles in to work on his old Frances Barnet Fulmar motorcycle in the early dawn in late June with temperatires of +8c WHAT DOES HE THINK OF GLOBAL WARMING ? His government (which he didn't vote for ) is in currently in two wars, keeps doing stupid things for which they did not have a mandate, has axed all the simple aeroplanes and carriers that could have finished at least one of the wars intantly, are making the Health Service a total farce, and extending everyones pension age to 2 years after this mythical man dies.
Get this and get it clear. Nobody really gives a toss what you in the U.S.A think about the Global Warming issue. It's probably too late to make too much of a difference anyway and the u.s.a led the way into the mess from the front. Will the world - this mystical thing - heal itself. Probably. It always has in the past.
Just a simple fact that I know to be true. When I worked in BA flying the 747 - I did maybe 6 longhaul flights per month of about 11 hours. In two months I managed to burn over a million tons of Avtur (jet fuel) - thats 6 million tons a year, and a lot of those flight were half full. Multiply that by the number of 747's on longhaul flights everyday.
I wonder if Global Warming is the real issue.
Now I'm retired and in all honesty I would like a simple life up to the endex without all the silly issues that the tree huggers keep spouting on about. If that means glassing the muslims and jews over, tossing buckets of sunshine around in the middle east then so be it. They have caused so much grief since the fifties onwards it's time to give it all a rest.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for the rant. Not sure what relevance it has to anything. However, glad to know you dislike Americans nearly as much as you stereotype and dislike Muslims.

I really hope I don't get to be a pissed off old white guy. It seems boring, drab and sad.

Time to put the scores on the doors.
The US emits more green house gas and carbon , per head, than any other country. When Kyoto was discussed and agreed, the US signed and committed to reducing its emissions by 6%. Did it? Did it hell. It has pulled out the Kyoto agreement and now the carbon dioxide emissions from the USA has increased to in excess of the 1990 levels.
Carbon - green house gas - global warming - hugging polar bears. Tell it to the common man here inthe UK. He gives diddly squat - denada - not a jot of interest in anything anybody says - especially someone from the U.S.A. advocating the evil of global warming. This man struggles to make ends meet, the government on one hand gives him something towards his fuel bill for heating if he's my age and takes it away again with higher value added taxes on the other. He has to keep working at menial tasks to make ends meet and as he struggles in to work on his old Frances Barnet Fulmar motorcycle in the early dawn in late June with temperatires of +8c WHAT DOES HE THINK OF GLOBAL WARMING ? His government (which he didn't vote for ) is in currently in two wars, keeps doing stupid things for which they did not have a mandate, has axed all the simple aeroplanes and carriers that could have finished at least one of the wars intantly, are making the Health Service a total farce, and extending everyones pension age to 2 years after this mythical man dies.
Get this and get it clear. Nobody really gives a toss what you in the U.S.A think about the Global Warming issue. It's probably too late to make too much of a difference anyway and the u.s.a led the way into the mess from the front. Will the world - this mystical thing - heal itself. Probably. It always has in the past.
Just a simple fact that I know to be true. When I worked in BA flying the 747 - I did maybe 6 longhaul flights per month of about 11 hours. In two months I managed to burn over a million tons of Avtur (jet fuel) - thats 6 million tons a year, and a lot of those flight were half full. Multiply that by the number of 747's on longhaul flights everyday.
I wonder if Global Warming is the real issue.
Now I'm retired and in all honesty I would like a simple life up to the endex without all the silly issues that the tree huggers keep spouting on about. If that means glassing the muslims and jews over, tossing buckets of sunshine around in the middle east then so be it. They have caused so much grief since the fifties onwards it's time to give it all a rest.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff the Global warming debate has been visited many times in the paddock,
I for one do not believe in it, I believe the climate is constantly changing I do not believe that carbon dioxide is bad. Nor should we be taxed on it, or that taxing carbon will make one bit of difference to the climate. It will make a lot of people
who trade in carbon rich.
I know it is a waste of time debating the issue, particularly with people like yourself who refute any evidence to the contrary.
Interesting I was at Lake Louise a couple of weeks ago and was told by the local
global warming fanatic that the glacier had receded by many, many meters in the last 20 years.
Now on the stairs of the wonderful Hotel there are many old photos of the lake and the dignitary's and stars who have visited over the years. One particular photo dated 1917 showed the lake and the glacier above it.
To my jaundiced eye it looked exactly the same as the glacier outside the window. It did not look like it had receded at all from 1917.
Maybe it had advanced since the photo was taken and receded back during the last 20 years? But that is what the World does it cools and it warms, I doubt man has much say in it.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Uh, Pete, looking at some old photographs during an apres ski bender isn't "evidence" to the contrary. And for the record, I think the following:

1. The evidence that the world is warming is overwhelming. It is also warming faster than it has during previous cycles which is the cause for concern.

2. The cause of that warming and what if anything can be done about it is open for debate.

It really irks me this whole idea that Average Joe sticking his finger in the air and saying "damn, it's cold today, that global warming is a fraud!" somehow trumps the conclusions reached by all of the scientists I listed above.

This is a "get real" moment. Truly. Don't be a dupe and believe the rants of blabberheads on the internet about the Earth not warming. But certainly do be critical of some of the conclusions that are being reached by the "pro-AGW" side of the debate. And more importantly, leave this one to the scientists, not the loudest mouths on Fox News (or MSNBC).

Look at the list of scientific organizations I've cited above. You are saying they are all wrong? Is that really your position?

Jeff the Global warming debate has been visited many times in the paddock,
I for one do not believe in it, I believe the climate is constantly changing I do not believe that carbon dioxide is bad. Nor should we be taxed on it, or that taxing carbon will make one bit of difference to the climate. It will make a lot of people
who trade in carbon rich.
I know it is a waste of time debating the issue, particularly with people like yourself who refute any evidence to the contrary.
Interesting I was at Lake Louise a couple of weeks ago and was told by the local
global warming fanatic that the glacier had receded by many, many meters in the last 20 years.
Now on the stairs of the wonderful Hotel there are many old photos of the lake and the dignitary's and stars who have visited over the years. One particular photo dated 1917 showed the lake and the glacier above it.
To my jaundiced eye it looked exactly the same as the glacier outside the window. It did not look like it had receded at all from 1917.
Maybe it had advanced since the photo was taken and receded back during the last 20 years? But that is what the World does it cools and it warms, I doubt man has much say in it.

Keith

Bloody hell - it's deja flaming vu. I'm sure the earth is warming - but what has this got to do with Arabs, eh?

Keep it on topic please guys..

PS I saw a comet in the sky last night. What does this mean?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Arabs are not happy.
Angry white men are not happy.
As a result, their blood pressures and body temperatures are up.
Thus, atmospheric temperatures rise.
This creates a hot, humid climate that makes them angrier.

And the cylce is repeated. I call it the Angry White Arab Guy Effect, or AWAGE.

Arabs are not happy.
Angry white men are not happy.
As a result, their blood pressures and body temperatures are up.
Thus, atmospheric temperatures rise.
This creates a hot, humid climate that makes them angrier.

And the cylce is repeated. I call it the Angry White Arab Guy Effect, or AWAGE.

What abuot the Angry Reticent Saudi Effect....ARSE?

Back