where are the Arabs happy?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Doc,

Thanks, I agree totally, evidence is evidence, we just do not know how much we are contributing.

To say that man has no effect probably is wrong

To say its all mans fault is probably wrong

We just do not know!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
The best point he makes is that yes, there have been cycles, but humans have lived in a rather narrow band of climate in last hundred thousand years. We don't know what even small changes that are accelerated by our own industry, etc. will actually do, even if they are to some extent "normal."

Jeff....your constant wild ranting about the "white male" makes you sound so disgruntled.......try and cheer up fella, it aint the end of the world.....................or is it:uneasy:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Disgruntled? No. Disappointed in the perspective the average white male in the US/UK seems to have adopted? Hype over substance? Disregarding science? Adopting a victim mentality (all these minorities are oppressing me!)? Engaging racial and cultural stereotyping? Focusing exclusively on memememememe?

Yep, disappointed that affluent, educated white males seem in large part -- not all -- have fallen into those traps.

Jeff...you crack me up, I'm sure you're strongly against profiling people but yet you're constantly doing it....you can't stop your own hypocrisy

He seems to not have any issue with destroying history or changing facts (BTW China is currently the BIGGEST POLLUTER in the world Each Country's Share of CO2 Emissions | Union of Concerned Scientists ). The U.S. is only per capita David but I suspect that you knew that when you posted that.

Better check your eyes - US per capita is 19.18 tons, Australia's is 20.82 tons.

And, for those who want to see some real hard core data, I highly recommend a visit to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla, CA.

As far as Lake Louise and the receding glaciers - all one needs to do is search the internet to find the wealth of information regarding how, for example, Crowfoot Glacier has lost one of its three "toes" and is rapidly losing another, and how it is no longer connected to the Wapta Icefield.

Ian

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Meh....I just get really tired of coming onto car forums and seeing the EXACT SAME STUFF over and over from the pissed off white guy.

It generally goes like this. College (or more) educted white middle age male professional who owns house, and various sports cars, tow vehicles, etc. posts "can you believe this" rant about (a) Muslims; (b) minorities; (c) evil liberals or (d) global warming. I'm sure I missed a few.

Even better, I routinely get unsolicited e-mails from my conservative friends all the time about taxes, and the liberal media, and welfare, and blah blah blah. I guess THEY think all middle age white males (like me) think the same.

I generally speaking try to keep my politics to myself. I try not to start threads here, nor send out unsolicited "holy crap, can you believe they are taking my money!" e-mails like my wealthy friends do.

But I am honestly tired of being on the receiving end. In a politer society we'd keep our politics to ourselves and not splatter them all over the internet (and yes I'm guilty of that too).

Jeff...you crack me up, I'm sure you're strongly against profiling people but yet you're constantly doing it....you can't stop your own hypocrisy

Keith

Hey Jeff, the video is none of those things but it is about Arabs - Afghans to be exact and a new military strategy instigated by David Petraous which frankly made my blood run cold. It was on British TV last week a regular expose type series called 'Dispatches'.

Every American ought to see it if only to debunk it, I fervently hope. I found it worrying and disturbing and I posted it, not to make a political point but to illustrate how we seem to have lurched, via mission creep, into the netherworld in Afghanistan - I say we, because the UK and half of Europe is there too.

It is obvious that it has been sanctioned by the White House too which is a bit worrying as I was getting to like Obama.

It is called "America's Secret Killers" and you could try Googling it. Not BBC but UK Channel 4.

Sure.

I'd put good money though on what the vid is. Some crazy folks who happen to be Muslim doing something that some white guy then applies to all of Islam.

I've seen that about 1000 times before.

It's like saying all lawyers are inept crooks when it's not quite that many!:shy:

Disgruntled? No. Disappointed in the perspective the average white male in the US/UK seems to have adopted? Hype over substance? Disregarding science? Adopting a victim mentality (all these minorities are oppressing me!)? Engaging racial and cultural stereotyping? Focusing exclusively on memememememe?

Jeff, you and I generally agree with a lot of things (I think), and on this one you are spot on...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Global warming is the Arabs fault.
Jeff, that was a joke. BTW I was talking about a specific Glacier, the one at Lake Louise not all glaciers.
There are many glaciers that are receding I am aware of that, there are also a lot of scientists who are climate change sceptics, they of course get howled down by the popular press and Governments slathering to put taxes on carbon. Read you and me.
If it will not boor everyone to death and I think it already is, I can publish some of the sceptic's arguments and research.
However, it seems that you have made up your mind and closed it to naysayer's like me.
So it would probably be an exercise in futility.
I have no doubt the climate is changing, it has been for millions of years, I think it sums up the arrogance of man that he thinks he can effect it and change it.

Last edited:
Jeff, that was a joke. BTW I was talking about a specific Glacier, the one at Lake Louise not all glaciers.
There are many glaciers that are receding I am aware of that, there are also a lot of scientists who are climate change sceptics, they of course get howled down by the popular press and Governments slathering to put taxes on carbon. Read you and me.
If it will not boor everyone to death and I think it already is, I can publish some of the sceptic's arguments and research.
However, it seems that you have made up your mind and closed it to naysayer's like me.
I have no doubt the climate is changing, it has been for millions of years, I think it sums up the arrogance of man that he thinks he can effect it and change it.

Pete, it wouldn't bore me one jot for you to do that, as I am pretty much in your camp on this particular issue.... Climate change is very "fashionable", and I think it's valid to post both points of view. I, like most others, remain largely open minded on the subject and all data assimilated is a good thing...

Fill yer boots :)

Getting back to the original post about Arabs being unhappy. I believe it is due to them being promised 77 virgins. Virgins are a lot of work. Give me 10 ho-bags and I coud get busy, ya know wha I'm sayin'.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I've read most of McIntyre's stuff. It's a decent critique of Mann. I've read some of the studies of solar activity as the basis for climate change. Some persuasiveness there.

Post up what you got. I like it when folks on both sides show they have read the science, rather than had Fox News or MSNBC tell them what was going on.

Ron Earp

Admin
I like it when folks on both sides show they have read the science, rather than had Fox News or MSNBC tell them what was going on.

Rarely do people read actual scientific findings. Most just read a science based excerpt from a news organization - AP, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, BBC, NPR, WSJ, etc. Maybe a step better is to read summaries from science based websites such as Science Daily. But even there you're still only getting a distilled version of referred papers in scientific journals. I find the best use for Science Daily and other science oriented sites is to read a summary there and then get the article that they reference so I can have read myself.

The fact remains is that we have scientists conversing and debating on one plane, while we have laymen picking and choosing from "scientific sources" a particular set of simplified facts fits their purposes. News sources will not present accurate summaries in the proportion that they appear in the referred journals and that will skew the public perception. Hardly a level, informed, and accurate basis for a discussion or debate.

I'm not of the position that that laymen should not be involved in the discussion. But I think the proper way to engage in these discussions, scientists and non-scientists alike, is to learn about the science involved from the source. If you're really interested in a topic then attend scientific conferences about the matter. I go to a few scientific conferences a year and many times you can get a conference pass for free or very little money. Then you can go sit in on talks and learn from the sources, ask questions, and learn about new research. Or, in lieu of that, pursue your local university library and read the actual journals and articles regarding the topic you're interested in. I think anyone that gives it a try will be pleasantly surprised that it isn't all that daunting and will find it very interesting.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I agree with most of this, although it is always limited by time. I got interested enough in the global warming debate a few years ago to read the "source" materials for a lot of what gets reported -- I read some of Mann's papers, and McIntyre's criticisms of them and the hockey stick. I also read some of the solar activity studies that seemed to be the most damning evidence against AGW (at first), as well as the critiques of how NASA and others actually monitor global temperatures.

The gist of all of what I read was that almost all scientists agree we are in a warming phase.

Most seem to agree that the pace of warming is higher than it has been in recorded history -- which ain't a whole lot of time, I agree. But the pace has increased enough so as to be alarming.

And then on the last two questions -- are we causing this and if so what can do about it? -- there is far more disagreement.

Rarely do people read actual scientific findings. Most just read a science based excerpt from a news organization - AP, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, BBC, NPR, WSJ, etc. Maybe a step better is to read summaries from science based websites such as Science Daily. But even there you're still only getting a distilled version of referred papers in scientific journals. I find the best use for Science Daily and other science oriented sites is to read a summary there and then get the article that they reference so I can have read myself.

The fact remains is that we have scientists conversing and debating on one plane, while we have laymen picking and choosing from "scientific sources" a particular set of simplified facts fits their purposes. News sources will not present accurate summaries in the proportion that they appear in the referred journals and that will skew the public perception. Hardly a level, informed, and accurate basis for a discussion or debate.

I'm not of the position that that laymen should not be involved in the discussion. But I think the proper way to engage in these discussions, scientists and non-scientists alike, is to learn about the science involved from the source. If you're really interested in a topic then attend scientific conferences about the matter. I go to a few scientific conferences a year and many times you can get a conference pass for free or very little money. Then you can go sit in on talks and learn from the sources, ask questions, and learn about new research. Or, in lieu of that, pursue your local university library and read the actual journals and articles regarding the topic you're interested in. I think anyone that gives it a try will be pleasantly surprised that it isn't all that daunting and will find it very interesting.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The subject has been heavily debated here. http://www.gt40s.com/forum/paddock/28783-climate-change.html

IT has been a tough year for the high priests of global warming in the US. First, NASA had to correct its earlier claim that the hottest year on record in the contiguous US had been 1998, which seemed to prove that global warming was on the march. It was actually 1934. Then it turned out the world's oceans have been growing steadily cooler, not hotter, since 2003. Meanwhile, the winter of 2007 was the coldest in the US in decades, after Al Gore warned us that we were about to see the end of winter as we know it.

In a May issue of Nature, evidence about falling global temperatures forced German climatologists to conclude that the transformation of our planet into a permanent sauna is taking a decade-long hiatus, at least. Then this month came former greenhouse gas alarmist David Evans's article in The Australian, stating that since 1999 evidence has been accumulating that man-made carbon emissions can't be the cause of global warming. By now that evidence, Evans said, has become pretty conclusive.

Yet believers in man-made global warming demand more and more money to combat climate change and still more drastic changes in our economic output and lifestyle.

The reason is that precisely that they are believers, not scientists. No amount of empirical evidence will overturn what has become not a scientific theory but a form of religion.

But what kind of religion? More than 200 years ago, Scottish Enlightenment philosopher David Hume put his finger on the process. His essay, Of Superstition and Enthusiasm, describes how even in civilised societies the mind of man is subject to certain unaccountable terrors and apprehensions when real worries are missing.

As these enemies are entirely invisible and unknown, like today's greenhouse gases, people try to propitiate them by ceremonies, observations, mortifications, sacrifices such as Earth Day and banning plastic bags and petrol-driven lawnmowers.

Fear and ignorance, Hume concludes, are the true source of superstition. They lead a blind and terrified public to embrace any practice, however absurd or frivolous, which either folly or knavery recommends.

The knaves today, of course, are the would-be high priests of the global warming orthodoxy, with former US vice-president Gore as their supreme pontiff.

As Hume points out, the stronger mixture there is of superstition, with its ambience of ignorance and fear, the higher is the authority of the priesthood.

As with the Church in the Dark Ages or the Inquisition during the Reformation, they denounce all doubters, such as Evans or Britain's Gilbert Monckton as dangerous heretics, outliers in Gore's phrase: or as willing tools of the evil enemy of a healthy planet, Big Oil.

This is not the first time, of course, that superstition has paraded itself as science, or created a priesthood masquerading as the exponents of reason. At the beginning of the previous century we had the fascination with eugenics, when the Gores of the age such as E.A. Ross and Ernst Haeckel warned that modern industrial society was headed for race suicide.

The list of otherwise sensible people who endorsed this hokum, from Winston Churchill to Oliver Wendell Holmes, is embarrassing to read today.

Then as now, money was poured into foundations, institutes, and university chairs for the study of eugenics and racial hygiene. Then as now, it was claimed that there was a scientific consensus that modern man was degenerating himself into extinction.

Doubters such as German anthropologist Rudolf Virchow were dismissed as reactionaries or even as tools of the principal contaminators of racial purity, the Jews.

And then as now, proponents of eugenics turned to the all-powerful state to avert catastrophe.

A credulous and submissive public allowed politicians to pass laws permitting forced sterilisation of the feeble-minded, racial screening for immigration quotas, minimum wage laws (which Sidney and Beatrice Webb saw as a way to force the mentally unfit out of the labor market) and other legislation which, in retrospect, set the stage for the humanitarian catastrophe to come.

In fact, when the Nazis took power in 1933, they found that the Weimar Republic had passed all the euthanasia legislation they needed to eliminate Germany's useless mouths.

The next target on their racial hygiene list would be the Jews.

Real science rests on a solid bedrock of scepticism, a scepticism not only about certain religious or cultural assumptions, for example about race, but also about itself.

It constantly re-examines what it regards as evidence, and the connections it draws between cause and effect. It never rushes to judgment, as race science did in Germany in the 1930s and as the high priests of climate change are doing today.

Politicians everywhere should be forced to take an oath similar to the Hippocratic oath taken by doctors: above all else, do no harm. The debate in Australia on this issue is rapidly building to a climax.

Before they make decisions that could trim Australia's gross domestic product by several percentage points a year and impose heavy penalties on Australians' lifestyle, Labour and Liberal alike need to re-examine the superstition of global warming.

Otherwise, the only thing it will melt away is everyone's civil liberty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Referrence, read at your leisure.

References

^ Boykoff, M.; Boykoff, J. (2004). "Balance as bias: global warming and the US prestige press1" (Full free text). Global Environmental Change Part A 14 (2): 125–136. doi:10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2003.10.001. edit
^ a b Oreskes, Naomi; Conway, Erik. Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming (first ed.). Bloomsbury Press. ISBN 978-1-596-91610-4.
^ Julie Brigham-Grette et al. (September 2006). "Petroleum Geologists' Award to Novelist Crichton Is Inappropriate" (PDF). Eos 87 (36). Retrieved 2007-01-23. "The AAPG stands alone among scientific societies in its denial of human-induced effects on global warming.".
^ DiMento, Joseph F. C.; Doughman, Pamela M. (2007). Climate Change: What It Means for Us, Our Children, and Our Grandchildren. The MIT Press. p. 68. ISBN 978-0-262-54193-0.
^ McCright & Dunlap 2000 p. 500.
^ Carvalho, Anabela (2007). "Ideological cultures and media discourses on scientific knowledge". Public Understanding of Science 16 (2): 223–43. doi:10.1177/0963662506066775 (inactive 2010-08-23).
^ Speech to the Royal Society (September 27, 1988), Public Statement, Speech Archive, Margaret Thatcher Foundation. Retrieved April 9, 2007.
^ Mintzer, Irving M. (1992). Confronting climate change. Cambridge University Press. pp. 265–272. ISBN 978-0-521-42091-4.
^ "The Top Politically inCorrect Words for 2006". Global Language Monitor. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Crampton, Thomas (4 January 2007). "More in Europe worry about climate than in U.S., poll shows". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Little Consensus on Global Warming – Partisanship Drives Opinion – Summary of Findings". Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. 12 July 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ TNS Opinion and Social (Dec 2009). "Europeans’ Attitudes Towards Climate Change" (Full free text). European Commission. Retrieved 24 Dec 2009.
^ McCarthy, Michael, Global Warming: Too Hot to Handle for the BBC, the Independent, September 6, 2007
^ url=http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=S._Fred_Singer#Oil_Industry_Contractor
^ Weart, Spencer (2006). "The Public and Climate Change". In Weart, Spencer. The Discovery of Global Warming. American Institute of Physics. ISBN 978-0-674-01157-1. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ a b Langer, Gary (March 26, 2006). "Poll: Public Concern on Warming Gains Intensity". ABC News. Retrieved 2007-04-12.
^ a b c GlobeScan and the Program on International Policy Attitudes at University of Maryland (September 25, 2007). "Man causing climate change - poll". BBC World Service. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
^ Program on International Policy Attitudes (April 5, 2006). "30-Country Poll Finds Worldwide Consensus that Climate Change is a Serious Problem". Program on International Policy Attitudes. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
^ a b Pew Research Center: "Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media" July 9, 2009.
^ Tipping Point or Turning Point? Social Marketing & Climate Change (3Mb pdf), by Ipsos Mori, July 2007.
^ David Suzuki (18 August 2006). "Public doesn't understand global warming". David Suzuki Foundation. Retrieved 2007-08-18.
^ Richard J. Bord, Ann Fisher & Robert E. O'Connor (1997). "Is Accurate Understanding of Global Warming Necessary to Promote Willingness to Sacrifice?". Retrieved 2008-02-29.
^ Richard J. Bord, Robert E. O'Connor, Ann Fischer (1 July 2000). "In what sense does the public need to understand global climate change?". Public Understanding of Science 9 (3): 205. doi:10.1088/0963-6625/9/3/301.
^ No Global Warming Alarm in the U.S., China - 15-Nation Pew Global Attitudes Survey. Released June 13, 2006.
^ Rising Environmental Concern in 47-Nation Survey. Pew Global Attitudes. Released June 27, 2007.
^ "Climate scepticism 'on the rise', BBC poll shows". BBC News. 7 February 2010.
^ Peter Jacques (2009). Environmental skepticism: ecology, power and public life. Global environmental governance series. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd.. ISBN 978-0-7546-7102-2.
^ George E. Brown (March 1997). "Environmental Science Under Siege in the U.S. Congress". Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development 39 (2): 12–31. doi:10.1080/00139159709604359.
^ "NEW ON THE SEPP WEB". Retrieved 2007-05-23.
^ Pielke Jr., Roger A. (2005-01-10). "Accepting Politics In Science". Washington Post. p. A17. Retrieved 2007-04-24.
^ a b Joint statement of sixteen National Academies of Science (18 May 2001). "The Science of Climate Change". The Royal Society. Retrieved 2009-05-20. ""The work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) represents the consensus of the international scientific community on climate change science. We recognise IPCC as the world's most reliable source of information on climate change and its causes, and we endorse its method of achieving this consensus. Despite increasing consensus on the science underpinning predictions of global climate change, doubts have been expressed recently about the need to mitigate the risks posed by global climate change. We do not consider such doubts justified"."
^ Union of Concerned Scientists. "World Scientists Call For Action". Archived from the original on 10/12/2007. "Projections indicate that demand for food in Asia will exceed the supply by 2010."
^ Union Of Concerned Scientists (1997-10-02). "World's Nobel Laureates And Preeminent Scientists Call On Government Leaders To Halt Global Warming". ScienceDaily.com. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
^ "List of Selected Prominent Signatories with awards and affiliations". Dieoff.org. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ www.eurekalert.org, January 19, 2009, "Survey:Scientists agree human-induced global warming is real" by Paul Francuc, University of Illinois at Chicago.
^ Dr. Roy W., Spencer (2010). The Great Global Warming Blunder. Encounter Books. ISBN 1594033730.
^ "New York Global Warming Conference Considers 'Manhattan Declaration' - by Heartland Institute staff - The Heartland Institute". Heartland.org. 2008-03-04. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ Crichton, Michael (17 January 2003). "Lecture at CalTech: "Aliens Cause Global Warming"". Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "500 Scientists Whose Research Contradicts Man-Made Global Warming Scares - by Dennis T. Avery - The Heartland Institute". Heartland.org. 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ George Monbiot, "The Real Climate Scandal"[dead link]
^ George Monbiot (December 9, 2009). "The climate denial industry seeks to dupe the public. It’s working". The Hindu. Retrieved September 3, 2010.[dead link]
^ "Controversy Arises Over Lists of Scientists Whose Research Contradicts Man-Made Global Warming Scares - by Joseph Bast - News Releases". Heartland.org. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ Anderegg W.R.L., Prall J.W., Harold J., Schneider S.H. (2010-06-21). "Expert credibility in climate change". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 107 (27): 12107–9. doi:10.1073/pnas.1003187107. PMC 2901439. PMID 20566872.
^ a b c Kintisch E. (June 21, 2010). "Scientists 'Convinced' of Climate Consensus More Prominent Than Opponents, Says Paper". Science Insider. AAAS.
^ Collins, Nick (22 Jun 2010). "Climate change sceptic scientists 'less prominent and authoritative'". The Telegraph (Telegraph Media Group Limited): p. 1. Retrieved 22 June 2010.
^ Oreskes, Naomi (2007-12-20). "The American Denial of Global Warming—The Truth About Denial". Perspectives on Ocean Science—UCSD-TV. YouTube. Retrieved 2010-08-29. "In 1995, the IPCC concluded that the human effect on climate is now discernible. The lead author of the key chapter on detection and attribution...was a scientist of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory named Benjamin J. Santer.
When the IPCC report came out, Seitz, Nierenberg, and now a 4th physicist—a man by the name of S. Fred Singer—launched a highly personal attack on Santer. In an open letter to the IPCC, which they sent to numerous members of the US Congress, Singer, Seitz, and Nierenberg accused Santer of making "unauthorized" changes to the IPCC report [...]
They followed this with an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal entitled "A Major Deception on Global Warming". This piece was written by Seitz, in which he claimed that the effect of the alleged changes was "to deceive policy makers and the public".
Now Santer replied, in a letter to the editor of the Wall Street Journal, and in the response he explained that he had made changes, but those changes were in response to the peer review process. In other words, totally normal scientific practice...This account was corroborated by the Chairman of the IPCC and by all of the other authors of the chapters. In fact, over 40 scientists were co-authors of this chapter. This letter was signed by Santer and 40 others and published in the Wall Street Journal in June 1996. And Santer was also formally defended by the American Meteorological Society.
But neither Seitz nor Singer ever retracted the charges, which was then repeated—many times, over and over again—by industry groups and think-tanks. And in fact, if you google "Ben Santer", these same charges are still in the Internet today. In fact, one site said that it was proven in 1996 that Santer had fraudulently altered the IPCC report."
^ "A Case Against Precipitous Climate Action". January 15, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
^ "An Open Letter to the Community from Chris Landsea". Archived from the original on February 18, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
^ a b "Prometheus: Final Chapter, Hurricanes and IPCC, Book IV Archives". Sciencepolicy.colorado.edu. 2007-02-14. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ "Hurricanes and Global Warming for IPCC". Reuters. Washington. October 21, 2004. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
^ "Final Climate Change Report" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-12-29.
^ The Committee Office, House of Lords (2005-11-28). "House of Lords — Economic Affairs — Third Report". Publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ a b "Written testimony of John R. Christy Ph.D. before House Committee on Energy and Commerce on March 7, 2007" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-12-29.
^ "UN Blowback: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims".
^ Biello D (April 2007). "Conservative Climate". Sci. Am. 296 (4): 16, 19. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0407-16. PMID 17479619.
^ Hanson, Brooks (7 May 2010). "Stepping Back; Moving Forward". American Association for the Advancement of Science. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
^ Hansen JE (April–June 2007). "Scientific reticence and sea level rise". Environ. Res. Lett. 2 (2): 024002. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/2/2/024002.
^ "Climate Science: Main Conclusions". Retrieved 11 December 2008.[dead link]
^ Henderson-Sellers, Ann. "The IPCC report: what the lead authors really think — environmentalresearchweb". Retrieved 2009-12-24.
^ Idso, C. D.; K. E. Idso. "Carbon Dioxide and Global Warming — Where We Stand on the Issue". CO2science. Archived from the original on April 10, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Barkov, N.I. (February 2003). "Historical carbon dioxide record from the Vostok ice core". Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center. Archived from the original on March 6, 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-13.
^ title=Coherence established between atmospheric carbon dioxide and global temperature|url=http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v343/n6260/abs/343709a0.html
^ Weart, Spencer (2006). "Past Cycles: Ice Age Speculations". In Weart, Spencer. The Discovery of Global Warming. American Institute of Physics. ISBN 978-0-674-01157-1. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "More Notes on Global Warming". Physics Today. May 2005. Archived from the original on August 11, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
^ "Historical CO2 record derived from a spline fit (20 year cutoff) of the Law Dome DE08 and DE08-2 ice cores". Retrieved 2007-06-12.
^ Tans, Pieter. "Trends in Carbon Dioxide". NOAA/ESRL. Retrieved 2009-12-11.
^ "Water vapour: feedback or forcing?".
^ Crowley, Thomas J.; Baum, Steven K. (1995). "Reconciling Late Ordovician (440 Ma) glaciation with very high (14X) CO2 levels". Journal of Geophysical Research 100 (D1): 1093–1102. Bibcode 1995JGR...100.1093C. doi:10.1029/94JD02521.
^ Gorder, Pam Frost (October 25, 2006). "Appalachian Mountains, carbon dioxide caused long-ago global cooling". Ohio State University Research news. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Solomon, Susan Snell; Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (2007). "Chapter 9 Understanding and Attributing Climate Change". Climate change 2007: the physical science basis: contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. ISBN 978-978-0-521-70596-7.
^ Albritton, Daniel L.; Watson, R. D. (2001). "2.3 Global Futures Scenarios". Climate change 2001: synthesis report. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-978-0-521-01507-3.
^ "Dr Fred Singer".
^ Stern, Nicholas Herbert (2007). The Economics of Climate Change — The Stern Review. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-70080-1.
^ "Modeling of long-term fossil fuel consumption shows 14.5-degree hike in Earth's temperature". 1 November issue of the American Meteorological Society's Journal of Climate.
^ "Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis: Summary for Policymakers" (PDF). IPCC. 2007. Archived from the original on April 6, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-12.[dead link]
^ Houghton, J.T.; Ding, Y.; Griggs, D.J.; Noguer, M.; van der Linden, P.J.; Dai, X.; Maskell, K.; Johnson, C.A. (2001) (– Scholar search). Climate Change 2001: Working Group I: The Scientific Basis: Summary for Policymakers. IPCC.[dead link]
^ Muscheler, Raimund; Joos, Fortunat; Müller, Simon A.; Snowball, Ian (2005). "How unusual is today's solar activity? Arising from: S. K. Solanki, I. G. Usoskin, B. Kromer, M. Schüssler and J. Beer, Nature, 2004, 431, 1084–1087". Nature 436 (7050): E3–E4. doi:10.1038/nature04045. PMID 16049429.
^ Leidig, Michael; Roya Nikkhah (July 17, 2004). "The truth about global warming - it's the Sun that's to blame". London: Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2007-04-12.
^ Solanki, Sami K.; Usoskin, Ilya G.; Kromer, Bernd; Schüssler, Manfred; Beer, Jürg (2004). "Unusual activity of the Sun during recent decades compared to the previous 11,000 years" (PDF). Nature 431 (7012): 1084–7. doi:10.1038/nature02995. PMID 15510145.
^ "Space Weather/Solar Activity and Climate". DMI Solar-Terrestrial Physics Division. October 19, 1998. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Lockwood, Mike; Claus Fröhlich. "Recent oppositely directed trends in solar climate forcings and the global mean surface air temperature" (PDF). Proceedings of the Royal Society A 463 (2086): 2447. doi:10.1098/rspa.2007.1880. Retrieved 2007-07-21. "There are many interesting palaeoclimate studies that suggest that solar variability had an influence on pre-industrial climate. There are also some detection–attribution studies using global climate models that suggest there was a detectable influence of solar variability in the first half of the twentieth century and that the solar radiative forcing variations were amplified by some mechanism that is, as yet, unknown. However, these findings are not relevant to any debates about modern climate change. Our results show that the observed rapid rise in global mean temperatures seen after 1985 cannot be ascribed to solar variability, whichever of the mechanisms is invoked and no matter how much the solar variation is amplified.".[dead link]
^ Houghton, J.T. (2001). "12. Detection of Climate Change and Attribution of Causes: 12.4.3.3 Space-time studies". Climate Change 2001: Working Group I: The Scientific Basis.
^ Mitchell, J. F. B.; Johns, T. C. (1997). "On Modification of Global Warming by Sulfate Aerosols". Journal of Climate 10 (2): 245–267. doi:10.1175/1520-0442(1997)010<0245:OMOGWB>2.0.CO;2. Retrieved 2007-04-14.[dead link]
^ Ruckstuhl, C., et al. (2008). "Aerosol and cloud effects on solar brightening and the recent rapid warming". Geophys. Res. Lett. 35 (12): L12708. Bibcode 2008GeoRL..3512708R. doi:10.1029/2008GL034228.
^ "Errors in IPCC climate science". Retrieved 2009-12-19.
^ Johnson, C.A.; Ding, Y.; Griggs, D.J. et al., eds (2001). "2.2 How Much is the World Warming?". Climate Change 2001: Working Group I: The Scientific Basis. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. ISBN 978-0-521-80767-8.
^ Peterson,, Thomas C. (2003). "Assessment of urban versus rural in situ surface temperatures in the contiguous United States: no difference found. Journal of Climate". Journal of Climate 16 (18): 2941–59. doi:10.1175/1520-0442(2003)016<2941:AOUVRI>2.0.CO;2.
^ David, Parker (2006). "A demonstration that large-scale warming is not urban". Journal of Climate 19 (12): 2882–95. doi:10.1175/JCLI3730.1.
^ Pielke Sr., R.A., and T. Matsui (2005). "Should light wind and windy nights have the same temperature trends at individual levels even if the boundary layer averaged heat content change is the same?". Geophys. Res. Letts. 32 (21): L21813. Bibcode 2005GeoRL..3221813P. doi:10.1029/2005GL024407.[dead link]
^ Davey, Christopher A.; Pielke Sr., Roger A. (2005). "Microclimate Exposures of Surface-Based Weather Stations: Implications For The Assessment of Long-Term Temperature Trends" (PDF). Bull. Am. Met. Soc. 86 (4): 497–504. doi:10.1175/BAMS-86-4-497.[dead link]
^ Mahmood, Rezaul; Stuart A. Foster, David Logan (2006). "The GeoProfile metadata, exposure of instruments, and measurement bias in climatic record revisited" (PDF). International Journal of Climatology 26 (8): 1091–1124. doi:10.1002/joc.1298.
^ "Fiddler On The Roof". Investor's Business Daily. 2007-06-22.[dead link]
^ McIntyre, Steve (October 4, 2007). "Gridding from CRN1-2". Climate Audit. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
^ "Climategate: Leaked Emails Inspired Data Analyses Show Claimed Warming Greatly Exaggerated and NOAA not CRU is Ground Zero" (PDF). Icecap (blog).
^ Foot, R (2010-01-21). "Scientists using selective temperature data, skeptics say". The Vancouver Sun.
^ "Graph of Number of Stations vs Temperature". Uoguelph.ca. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ B. D. Santer, P. W. Thorne, L. Haimberger, K. E. Taylor, T. M. L. Wigley, J. R. Lanzante, S. Solomon, M. Free, P. J. Gleckler, P. D. Jones, T. R. Karl, S. A. Klein, C. Mears, D. Nychka, G. A. Schmidt, S. C. Sherwood, and F. J. Wentz (2008). "Consistency of modelled and observed temperature trends in the tropical troposphere" (PDF). Int. J. Climatol. 28 (13): 1703–22. Bibcode 2008IJCli..28.1703S. doi:10.1002/joc.1756.
^ "IPCC Summary for Policymakers (PDF)" (PDF). Archived from the original on November 14, 2007.
^ "Michael Crichton Official Site".
^ Doran PT, Priscu JC, Lyons WB, et al. (January 2002). "Antarctic climate cooling and terrestrial ecosystem response". Nature 415 (6871): 517–20. doi:10.1038/nature710. PMID 11793010.
^ Monthly mean surface temperature data and derived statistics for some Antarctic stations from www.antarctica.ac.uk
^ Chapman WL, Walsh JE (2007). "A Synthesis of Antarctic Temperatures". Journal of Climate 20 (16): 4096–4117. doi:10.1175/JCLI4236.1.
^ "IPCC Working Group I".
^ Cold, Hard Facts Doran, Peter, The New York Times, July 2006
^ Antarctic cooling, global warming? Real Climate December 2004
^ "On Climate Sensitivity and why it is probably small". ScienceBits. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
^ "IPCC Fourth Assessment Report (AR4)". p. 133. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
^ Response to Comments on "Heat capacity, time constant, and sensitivity of Earth's climate system". Accepted for publication in Journal of Geophysical Research
^ "Heat Capacity, Time Constant and Sensitivity of Earth's Climate System". Journal of Geophysical Research 112: D24S05. 2007.
^ Comment on ‘Heat Capacity, Time Constant, and Sensitivity of Earth’s Climate System,’ Schwartz et al. Journal of Geophysical Research DRAFT September 2007
^ Climate Insensitivity RealClimate September 2007
^ Shaviv, Nir J. (August 2005). "On climate response to changes in the cosmic ray flux and radiative budget". Journal of Geophysical Research 110 (A8): A08105. Bibcode 2005JGRA..11008105S. doi:10.1029/2004JA010866.
^ On Climate Sensitivity and why it is probably small ScienceBits
^ "Aerosol Optical Depth, Climate Sensitivity and Global Warming". Agu.org. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ Richard S. Lindzen, Ming-Dah Chou, and Arthur Y. Hou (March 2001). "Does the Earth Have an Adaptive Infrared Iris?" (PDF). Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 82 (3): 417–432. doi:10.1175/1520-0477(2001)082<0417:DTEHAA>2.3.CO;2.
^ Spencer, Roy W., Braswell, William D., Christy, John R. & Hnilo, Justin (2007). "Cloud and radiation budget changes associated with tropical intraseasonal oscillations" (PDF). Geophysical Research Letters 34 (15): L15707. Bibcode 2007GeoRL..3415707S. doi:10.1029/2007GL029698.
^ Bing Lin, Bruce A. Wielicki, Lin H. Chambers, Yongxiang Hu, Kuan-Man Xu (2002). "The iris hypothesis: a negative or positive cloud feedback?". Journal of Climate 15 (1): 3–7. doi:10.1175/1520-0442(2002)015<0003:TIHANO>2.0.CO;2.
^ Roy W. Spencer (2008-04-15). "Internal Radiative Forcing And The Illusion Of A Sensitive Climate System By Roy Spencer". climatescience.org.[dead link]
^ Roy W. Spencer, PhD. "Global Warming and Nature's Thermostat". WeatherQuestions.com. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
^ Steve Connor (16 September 2005). "Global Warming 'Past the Point of No Return'". The Independent. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
^ Science News, May 9, 2009
^ David Orrell. "Frequently asked questions on Apollo's Arrow/The Future of Everything, by David Orrell". Retrieved 2007-09-11.
^ "New Study Increases Concerns About Climate Model Reliability". Sciencedaily.com. 2007-12-20. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
^ "Climate Models and Their Evaluation" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ "Skeptic: The Magazine: A Climate of Belief".
^ Climate Science: Roger Pielke Sr. Research Group News » Comment On Real Climate’s Post On The Relevance Of The Sensitivity Of Initial Conditions In The IPCC Models[dead link]
^ "On the credibility of climate predictions" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-12-29.
^ William Chapman (9 August 2007). "New historic sea ice minimum". The Cryosphere Today. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
^ David Adam (4 September 2007). "Loss of Arctic ice leaves experts stunned". London: Guardian Unlimited. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
^ "The Weekly Closer from U.S. Senate, September 23, 2005." (PDF). Archived from the original on November 28, 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-29.
^ Annan, James (14 June 2005). "Betting on climate change". Realclimate. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Kerr, Richard A. (2005). "Climate Change: Hedging Your Climate-Change Bets". Science 310 (5747): 433. doi:10.1126/science.310.5747.433. PMID 16239459.
^ Giles, Jim (2005). "Climate sceptics place bets on world cooling down". Nature 436 (7053): 897. doi:10.1038/436897a. PMID 16107801.
^ Ronald Bailey (2005-06-08). "Reason Magazine - Betting on Climate Change". Reason.com. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ Adam, David (19 August 2005). "Climate change sceptics bet $10,000 on cooler world". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Annan, James (9 June 2005). "Betting Summary". James' Empty Blog. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ "Yet more betting on climate with World Climate Report". James' Empty Blog. 2005-05-24. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
^ Mascaro, Lisa (12 February 2007). "GOP still cool on global warming". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Waxman, Henry (20 March 2007). "The Safe Climate Act of 2007". Rep. Henry Waxman. Archived from the original on March 29, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14. "H.R. 1590"
^ Trenberth, Kevin (2001). "The IPCC Assessment of global warming 2001" (– Scholar search). Journal of the Forum for Environmental Law, Science, Engineering, and Finance (8-26). Archived from the original on December 6, 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-14.[dead link]
^ "What's up with the weather: the debate: Stephen H. Schneider". PBS Nova & Frontline. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ "Global Warming, the Anatomy of a Debate: A speech by Jerry Taylor of the Cato Institute".
^ a b "What's up with the weather: the debate: Fred Palmer". PBS Nova & Frontline. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Nicholas Stern. (2006). "7. Projecting the Growth of Greenhouse-Gas Emissions". In Stern, Nicolas (– Scholar search). Stern Review: The Economics of Climate Change. HM Treasury, Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-70080-1.[dead link]
^ Will, George, "When Bambi becomes Godzilla", Denver Post, 5 September 2010.
^ Darragh, Ian (1998). "A Guide to Kyoto: Climate Change and What it Means to Canadians: Does the Kyoto treaty go far enough... or too far?" (PDF). International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Kyoto protocol status" (PDF). UNFCCC. Retrieved 2006-11-07. (Niue,The Cook Islands, Nauru consider reductions "inadequate")
^ Catherine Brahic (25 April 2007). "China's emissions may surpass the US in 2007". New Scientist. Retrieved 2007-05-20.
^ Saeed Shah (8 November 2006). "China to pass US greenhouse gas levels by 2010". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2007-05-20.
^ "China fears disasters, grain cut from global warming". Reuters AlertNet. 27 December 2006. Retrieved 2007-05-20.
^ China now no. 1 in CO2 emissions; USA in second positionNetherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. Retrieved 20 June 2007.
^ Vidal, John; Adam, David (2007-06-19). "China overtakes US as world's biggest CO2 emitter". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2010-02-09.
^ Singer, S. Fred (May 24, 2000). Climate Policy –From Rio to Kyoto: A Political Issue for 2000—and Beyond. Essays in Public Policy, No. 102. Stanford University: Hoover Institution. p. 49. ISBN 978-0-8179-4372-1. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ a b c Prins, Gwyn et. al (May 2010). "The Hartwell Paper - A new direction for climate policy after the crash of 2009". London School of Economics. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
^ a b "Oblique strategies". The Economist. 2010-05-11. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
^ a b "Do You Heart 'The Hartwell Paper'?". Science Insider. 2010-05-12. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
^ Naomi Oreskes; Erik Conway (2010). Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming. USA: Bloomsbury. ISBN 978-1-59691-610-4.
^ Clive Hamilton (2010). Requiem for a Species: Why We Resist the Truth about Climate Change. Allen & Unwin. pp. 103–105. ISBN 978-1-74237-210-5.
^ Monbiot, George (2006-09-19). "The denial industry". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2007-08-11. ""By May 1993, as another memo from APCO to Philip Morris shows, the fake citizens' group had a name: the Advancement of Sound Science Coalition"."
^ Adam, David (27 January 2005). "Oil firms fund climate change 'denial'". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Sample, Ian (2 February 2007). "Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Climate Controversy and AEI: Facts and Fictions". American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research. 9 February 2007. Archived from the original on April 13, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Hayward, Steven F.; Kenneth Green (5 July 2006). "AEI Letter to Pf. Schroeder" (PDF). Archived from the original on February 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ ABC News Reporting Cited As Evidence In Congressional Hearing On Global Warming ABC August 2006
^ "Lewandowski memo" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-12-29.
^ FEATURE-Carbon backlash: coal divides corporations James, Steve Reuters, July 2007
^ "Smoke, Mirrors & Hot Air – How ExxonMobil Uses Big Tobacco's Tactics to Manufacture Uncertainty on Climate Science". Union of Concerned Scientists. January 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Exxon cuts ties to global warming skeptics MSNBC January 2007
^ Exxon Still Funding Climate Change Deniers Greenpeace May 2007
^ "Links". Western Fuels. Archived from the original on 2006-01-15. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Borenstein, Seth (27 July 2006). "Utilities Paying Global Warming Skeptic". CBS News from Associated Press. Archived from the original on March 3, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ [1][dead link]
^ "In the end, global warming is more and more taking on an aspect of manipulation, which really looks like a 'scientific' deception, and of which the first victims are the climatologists who receive funding only when their work goes along with the IPCC". (translated from French) [2]
^ "Must-See Global Warming TV". Fox News. March 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
^ Trulock, Notra, "Science for Sale: the Global Warming Scam" Accuracy in Media, August 26, 2002
^ "Climate of Fear". Wall Street Journal. April 2006. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
^ Gelbspan, Ross (December 1995). "The Heat Is On: The warming of the world's climate sparks a blaze of denial". Harper's Magazine. Retrieved 2008-02-08.
^ Lindzen, Richard S.; Constantine Giannitsis (2002). "Reconciling observations of global temperature change" (PDF). Geophysical research letters 29 (12): 24–26. Bibcode 2002GeoRL..29l..24L. doi:10.1029/2001GL014074. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
^ Ronald Bailey (August 11, 2005). "We're All Global Warmers Now". Reason Online. Archived from the original on April 9, 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
^ Bailey, Ronald (2 February 2007). "Global Warming—Not Worse Than We Thought, But Bad Enough". Reason (magazine). Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ Hayward, Steven F. (May 15, 2006). "Acclimatizing - How to Think Sensibly, or Ridiculously, about Global Warming". American Enterprise Institute. Archived from the original on February 4, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ "How Dangerous Is Global Warming?". Los Angeles Times. 17 June 2001. Archived from the original on 2001-06-17. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Keller, Michelle (15 February 2005). "World to celebrate Kyoto Protocol start". The Stanford Daily. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Harrison, Paul; Fred Pearce (2000). "Foreword by Peter H. Raven". In Victoria Dompka Markham. AAAS Atlas of Population & Environment. American Association for the Advancement of Science & University of California Press. p. 215. ISBN 978-0-520-23081-1. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Environmental Task Force". National Center for Policy Analysis. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Burnett, H. Sterling (September 19, 2005). "Climate Change: Consensus Forming around Adaptation". National Center for Policy Analysis. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Logan, Andrew; David Grossman (May 2006). "ExxonMobil's Corporate Governance on Climate Change" (PDF). Ceres & Investor Network on Climate Risk. Archived from the original on September 23, 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Letter to Michael J. Boskin, Secretary Exxon Mobil Corporation" (PDF). Investor Network on Climate Risk. May 15, 2006. Archived from the original on September 23, 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Easterbrook, Gregg (2006-05-24). "Finally Feeling the Heat". New York Times. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
^ Revkin, Andrew C. (3 June 2002). "Bush climate plan says adapt to inevitable Cutting gas emissions not recommended". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Climate Compendium: International Negotiations: Vulnerability & Adaptation". Climate Change Knowledge Network & International Institute for Sustainable Development. 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Revkin, Andrew C. (October 23, 2002). "US Pullout Forces Kyoto Talks To Focus on Adaptation - Climate Talks Will Shift Focus From Emissions". New York Times (reprinted by heatisonline.org). Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Eilperin, Juliet (April 7, 2007). "U.S., China Got Climate Warnings Toned Down". Washingtonpost.com. pp. A05. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
^ "Letter to The Honorable George W. Bush — State Attorneys General – A Communication From the Chief Legal Officers of the Following States: Alaska • California • Connecticut • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts New Hampshire • New Jersey • New York • Rhode Island • Vermont". 17 July 2002. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Monbiot, George (December 2006). "Costing Climate Change". New Internationalist. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Schwartz, Peter; Doug Randall (February 2004). "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security". Global Business Network for the Department of Defense. Archived from the original on February 18, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Engineering, and Public Policy (U. S.) Panel on Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming Committee on Science (1992). Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming: Mitigation, Adaptation, and the Science Base. National Academies Press. p. 944. ISBN 978-0-309-04386-1. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Robert T. Watson, Marufu C. Zinyowera, Richard H. Moss, ed (May 31, 1996). Climate Change 1995: Impacts, Adaptations and Mitigation of Climate Change: Scientific-Technical Analyses. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-56431-1.
^ "Climate Change 2001: IPCC Third Assessment Report". Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. 2001. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ US climate scientists pressured on climate change, NewScientist, 31 January 2007
^ Goddard, Jacqui (2008-06-04). "Nasa 'played down' global warming to protect Bush". The Scotsman (Edinburgh). Retrieved 2010-02-12.
^ Campbell, D. (June 20, 2003) "White House cuts global warming from report" Guardian Unlimited
^ Donaghy, T., et al. (2007) "Atmosphere of Pressure:" a report of the Government Accountability Project (Cambridge, Massachusetts: UCS Publications)[dead link]
^ Rule, E. (2005) "Possible media attention" Email to NOAA staff, July 27. Obtained via FOIA request on July 31, 2006. and Teet, J. (2005) "DOC Interview Policy" Email to NOAA staff, September 29. Originally published by Alexandrovna, L. (2005) "Commerce Department tells National Weather Service media contacts must be pre-approved" The Raw Story, October 4. Retrieved December 22, 2006.
^ Zabarenko, D. (2007) "'Don't discuss polar bears:' memo to scientists" Reuters
^ Revkin, Andrew C. (29 January 2006). "Climate Expert Says NASA Tried to Silence Him". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Eilperin, J. (April 6, 2006) "Climate Researchers Feeling Heat From White House" Washington Post
^ "Climate chaos: Bush's climate of fear". BBC Panorama. 1 June 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "HinesSight: Facts about George Taylor and the "state climatologist"". Hinessight.blogs.com. 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
^ Local News|kgw.com|News for Oregon and SW Washington[dead link]
^ Hulme, Mike (November 4, 2006). "Chaotic world of climate truth". BBC News. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "Groups Say Scientists Pressured On Warming". CBC and Associated Press. 30 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ Donaghy, Timothy; Jennifer Freeman, Francesca Grifo, Karly Kaufman, Tarek Maassarani, Lexi Shultz (February 2007). "Appendix A: UCS Climate Scientist Survey Text and Responses (Federal)" (PDF). Atmosphere of Pressure – Political Interference in Federal Climate Science. Union of Concerned Scientists & Government Accountability Project. Retrieved 2007-04-14.[dead link]
^ Taranto, James (1 February 2007). "They Call This Science?". OpinionJournal.com. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
^ "ABC World News Sunday". ABC News. 23 May 2010.
^ [3][dead link]
^ Pidot, Justin R. (2006). "Global Warming in the Courts - An Overview of Current Litigation and Common Legal Issues" (PDF). Georgetown University Law Center. Archived from the original on June 4, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/07/07-60756-CV0.wpd.pdf
^ "Proposed Settlement Agreement, Clean Air Act Citizen Suit". United States Environmental Protection Agency. 12 August 2005. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
^ The Sierra Club vs. Stephen L. Johnson (United States Environmental Protection Agency), 03-10262 (United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit 20 January 2006).

Last edited:
Back