where are the Arabs happy?

So you post up some silly cultural stereotyping, have your old white guys club guffaw about it for a while, get called on it, and then take your ball and go home and call everyone else tossers?

Nice!

What's with the "old white guy" stereotype? How about the "chubby know it all lawyer" stereotype?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Jeff I usually agree with you on most things but on this one I'm with Pete in so far that I do not believe global warming is man made
Posted by Nick.

Nick, although I usally agree with you, in this case, you may be just a little off.

I absolutly agree that the earths tempature fluctuates naturaly and we seem to be in a warming trend.

But to say that man has no part in the trend may be premature. I'm of the opinion that we just do not know.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
That's basically what I think as well -- but if you even mention any evidence or refer to the lists of scientists who believe that we may be contributing to this and you are a "zealot."

Weird. And a shame this scientific issue has become politicized.

Posted by Nick.

Nick, although I usally agree with you, in this case, you may be just a little off.

I absolutly agree that the earths tempature fluctuates naturaly and we seem to be in a warming trend.

But to say that man has no part in the trend may be premature. I'm of the opinion that we just do not know.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, You hate? You must be one of those fucking right wing coffee party people!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by TomP

Tom, I find it interesting that you feel that only F***ing right wing coffee party people can hate.

First you are very perceptive, and you can stereotype with the best of them!

I am surprised nobody has brought up the Geoengineering concepts that has been created such as the idea to pump sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere to cool the planet. I have no idea where the idea came from, it was called out by the book Super Freakonomics through a company called Intellectual Ventures Lab.

If the globe cooled then one might say Man really does have an impact :)

I don't have a political bias on this issue but it is fascinating how polarizing Global Warming is.

Kevin

I liked the section on "hooker economics" and how the sex trade prices "acts". Also how the one "professional" raised her prices quite a lot and GAINED businees!

Yes! Great part of the book! That and the first book Freakonomics where they did a booking analysis of a gang... those entry level enforcers make less than a McDonald's employee and were 12 times (or something like that) more likely to get shot.

I can't say that I sit on either side of the fence on this issue. Basically I have a fence post up my arse which is slightly uncomfortable.

What I will say however, is that Nick's post regarding well known respected intellectual celebrities no longer finding work because they are nay-sayers is absolutely spot on.

The Climate Control brigade function on a level normally reserved for fundamentalist religions. To disagree is to be heretical in the extreme, which shows how far from science this issue has gone. Even Jeff has opined this in a previous post, so we are all agreed on one thing:-

Throw the fucking politicians off the nearest bridge and de-politicize the whole issue ASAP, or risk more and more skewed legislation and extremely costly "solutions"....

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I'm still not sure about global warming, climate change............................

But I'm in California, its June 28th, its cold and its raining!

Pat

Supporter
Posted by Nick.

Wow, I'm checking in after a long absence, I agree with Jim.
Elsewhere two guys are going nuts over who wouldn't test drive what, who knows whom, how many cars they have and whose car is a beercan.

I need to check back more often!

Wow, I'm checking in after a long absence, I agree with Jim.
Elsewhere two guys are going nuts over who wouldn't test drive what, who knows whom, how many cars they have and whose car is a beercan..

I need to check back more often!

I put it down to too much heat and sun, can't think what is causing it though.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Molleur,

Yea but you are in Florida, it rains a lot.

In June in CA, it does not rain. Well....... except for now.

I just heard that this is the wettest June in the Bay Area since they started measuring back in 1862

I saw where the Arabs were happy :thumbsup:

last Sunday we were doing a 700km roadtrip on the German Autobahns with about 15 or so members (forgot to count)
anyway, when we drove (sadly it was to busy that day) over the speed-limit free autobahn we saw a Ferrari and then another one and another one... think about 30 or so in perfect condition and most looked pretty new...
almost all had Dubai plates on them.

they had big fun with their cars and because it was sadly busy on the roads that day we could follow them all the way to Hanover were we had to pump gas...and so did they...

a little impression? at that station of all those Ferrari's from Dubai, most had a 3 month journey across the EU they also gonna visit the Nurburgring (they had the circuit to their own for a day or so) and they also drive to Maranello (Ferrari) etc..

YouTube - ‪Ferrariclub Dubai doet rondje Europa‬‏

and some pictures at that station on our Dutch forum

Driving-Fun.com » Ferrari Owners Club Dubai doet een rondje Autobahn » Spot van de dag: 30 Ferrari

on that moment (my car the one off Hartge Z3 coupe 5.0 is damaged sadly) I was in a Fiat Panda 100hp (the slowest from the group but could hit 200km/h) :laugh: I changed cars that day at least 5 times, but missed the Hartge ofcorse.

anyhow here the phone video I made when we saw them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dVTWw2B9PY&feature=player_embedded#at=79

Last edited:
I'm not a Ferrari fan either, though I love the looks of a 288GTO, and say a black Enzo.
those that day were mostly the new stuff,
although it was a lovely sight to see all those Ferrari's and how people react at that gas station :D

Back