where are the Arabs happy?

Hate, racism, paranoia, those are words that liberals use when all else fails. I don't hate anyone, nor am I paranoid. I am realistic, and if the goverment is concerned enough to scan and search me when I travel, I will pay attention to the people that are responsible for terrorism at this time. You can continue to live in la la land, I don't have a problem with that.

Tom,

That is fair enough as long as "you" and "your" politicians, pay attention and hunt down all that are responsible or support terrorism with equal zeal.

"While all American eyes are currently fixed on Muslim extremists, politicians in Northern Ireland have urged President Bush to extend the clampdown to those who raise funds for Irish paramilitary groups."

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm just trying to understand how you have concluded the majority of the world's scientists are wrong, and trying to fight grumpy old white guy disease at the same time.

So your issue is that the temperature data collected and used for the basis of the modeling is wrong? How so? I agree with you some of Mann's data on tree rings and extrapolating temps from them has holes in it. McIntyre does a very good job on that.

But how do you explain the dramatic percentage increase in temp increase post industrial revolution? Temp data from 1870ish or so world wide is generally viewed as pretty good, and then viewed as pretty damn accurate from 1950 forward.

"Grumpy ,old white guy? That's fairly racist don't you think?

The majority of the world's scientists once swore the earth was flat.

Tom,

That is fair enough as long as "you" and "your" politicians, pay attention and hunt down all that are responsible or support terrorism with equal zeal.

"While all American eyes are currently fixed on Muslim extremists, politicians in Northern Ireland have urged President Bush to extend the clampdown to those who raise funds for Irish paramilitary groups."

I take it that you quote is old, we have a new guy fucking things up now.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Correct. And scientists eventually came to a consensus that was not correct, while the grumpy old white men stood around and grumbled about how they knew better, and it couldn't be because the earth had always been flat, etc.

I'm surprised you don't actually want to discuss the science though.

"Grumpy ,old white guy? That's fairly racist don't you think?

The majority of the world's scientists once swore the earth was flat.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

Hate and paranoia are words that liberals us to describe people who hate and spend lots of energy worrying about a very small danger.

When you and the tea party start patrolling the Canadian border, then we'll talk!

I take it that you quote is old, we have a new guy fucking things up now.

Tom,

As I put in the original post, maybe you missed it.

"Old news but I believe still relevant to the debate",

I don't want to appear pedantic but you still do not seem to have commented on my main point.

To try to clarify, I am as duplicitous as the next guy, but it seems to me to just target one group of terrorists while turning a blind eye on another is totally hypocritical.

Tom,

Hate and paranoia are words that liberals us to describe people who hate and spend lots of energy worrying about a very small danger.

When you and the tea party start patrolling the Canadian border, then we'll talk!

Then you better start using those words to describe the US government and Homeland Security, because they seem to be worried about "a very small danger". Jim, your inability to grasp the obvious is amazing. And I told you, I don't hate anyone!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think that Homeland security has gone way to far, is way too big and spends way too much money. They do warrentless wire taps on US citizens, torture and hold folks without trial for many years and pull my 70 year old mother out of line for extra searching (now there is money well spent)!

Last edited:
I think that Homeland security has gone way to far, is way too big and spends way too much money. They do warrentless wire taps on US citizens, torture and hold folks without trial for many years and pull my 70 year old mother out of line for extra searching (now there is money well spent)!

They can't profile, politically incorrect, so they justify their existence by searching old people and children. Not checking people that fit the profile is stupid. With the millions of people that have been screened, airport security has never caught a terrorist. I'm sure that some have slipped through. That gives you a warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Correct. And scientists eventually came to a consensus that was not correct, while the grumpy old white men stood around and grumbled about how they knew better, and it couldn't be because the earth had always been flat, etc.

I'm surprised you don't actually want to discuss the science though.

Here is some for you to digest Jeff. I am sure you will say it is garbage, and that is why I no longer want to continue this discussion.
One cannot convince a zealot.
Hopefully others may find it interesting.

Global Warming: A closer look at the numbers

Jeff,

Nothing to do with where Arabs are happy but the debate seems to have changed.

Sorry Jeff I usually agree with you on most things but on this one I'm with Pete in so far that I do not believe global warming is man made.

I grew up with science programs on telly made by Johnny Ball and David Bellamy two larger than life, slightly eccentric presenters that made science and botany interesting.

This is what has happened to both off them for daring to suggest that global warming is not man made. I'm afraid for me the pro scientists lost all creadability once they admitted they had lied about their statistics.

I have some sympathy for them for them as I get vilified by my mother when I express the same views as theirs :)

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: BBC shunned me for denying climate change

Zoe Ball's father Johnny vilified for questioning global warming | Mail Online

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
When I posted the first message on this thread, it was sent to me by a Professor of Chemistry at Queens in Belfast. I didn't make it up.
Along with others I have decided turn by back on this thread as it has become the domain of tossers. Some posts almost remind me of Sean (Meat) who always insisted he was right (as well).

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
So you post up some silly cultural stereotyping, have your old white guys club guffaw about it for a while, get called on it, and then take your ball and go home and call everyone else tossers?

Nice!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I am aware of the fact that water vapor is the principle component and always has been of the greenhouse effect. THe problem is that apparently CO2 acts essentially as an accelerant and speeds up the effect the more that is put in the atmosphere, even if it is only a small percentage versus water vapor. I'll send you a link to a couple of papers on that point.

I'm far from a zealot -- I try to read both sides and understand both of them. The only think I don't like and question is what I perceive to be a very unscientific "this is all a scientific plot to allow governments to tax us" appraoch to the debate.

Here is some for you to digest Jeff. I am sure you will say it is garbage, and that is why I no longer want to continue this discussion.
One cannot convince a zealot.
Hopefully others may find it interesting.

Global Warming: A closer look at the numbers

Back