where are the Arabs happy?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate takes a bit of beating. I would put it just below Lindt.
Mars Bars have a multitude of uses. In Scotland they fry them. In Redlands - a small house in West Wittering they do something else with them.:rockstar::rockstar::drummer::rockstar:

Don't go there Keith..........

Are you sure our beloved Keith hasn't already "...gone there" :idea: ?

Cheers to you, David, from Doug!!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Doug,
Keith lives so close - it's his stamping ground from the 60's - his boat is but a short spit away from Redlands on a place called Thorney Island. The boat, which incidentally, has just come out of repaint and looks quite resplendant now sporting a white hull, should be into Engine and propshafts servicing and final fitting out post repaint. I think it will definitely call for another party and depending on the weather on the day, a flypast of some sort.
Yes Doug, I'm sure Keith has already gone there many times.
Lovely part of the world actually. Spectacular beaches overlooking the eastern Isle of Wight (Thats the Navigator in me speaking as I are the Boats Navigator , Tea Maker ,Bosun , Wit, raconteur and celebrated after dinner speaker ) :< ))

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I told you above -- some of Mann's, some of McIntyre's, some on solar activity, some on ocean warming and some on the accuracy of the present system of collecting global temperature data.

Which ones have you read, and have they come from both sides?

If you are talking scientific papers, not more than half a dozen. You?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jesus Jeff, the lawyer in you is coming out.:stunned: Should I plead the fifth?:laugh:
From the top of my head,
d'Orgeville and Peltier, Abromowitz, Macadam, Pittman
S.J.Phipps. Most published by the University of NSW and most about computer
models of climate change predictions, which I happen to think are flawed and based mainly on assumptions and not hard data. All on the Pro climate change side, it was during my Know your enemy phase.

Back to the bloody Arabs, Sorry for the thread drift David. Sigh.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Computer modeling is used in almost all hard sciences. Why is it flawed when used with climatology?

Honestly, the thread drift AWAY from rather silly cultural stereotyping of Muslims has been a vast improvement to this thread.

Jesus Jeff, the lawyer in you is coming out.:stunned: Should I plead the fifth?:laugh:
From the top of my head,
d'Orgeville and Peltier, Abromowitz, Macadam, Pittman
S.J.Phipps. Most published by the University of NSW and most about computer
models of climate change predictions, which I happen to think are flawed and based mainly on assumptions and not hard data. All on the Pro climate change side, it was during my Know your enemy phase.

Back to the bloody Arabs, Sorry for the thread drift David. Sigh.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This is my last word on this, because I am sick of it. Computer modelling is only as good as the data put in. Rather like statistics they can be manipulated to give the result wanted. Garbage in Garbage out.

Computer modeling is used in almost all hard sciences. Why is it flawed when used with climatology?

Honestly, the thread drift AWAY from rather silly cultural stereotyping of Muslims has been a vast improvement to this thread.

Jeff, There have been over 40 attacks by arab/muslim on US citizens since 1972. At what point does stereotyping begin, over 50, over 100?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I'm just trying to understand how you have concluded the majority of the world's scientists are wrong, and trying to fight grumpy old white guy disease at the same time.

So your issue is that the temperature data collected and used for the basis of the modeling is wrong? How so? I agree with you some of Mann's data on tree rings and extrapolating temps from them has holes in it. McIntyre does a very good job on that.

But how do you explain the dramatic percentage increase in temp increase post industrial revolution? Temp data from 1870ish or so world wide is generally viewed as pretty good, and then viewed as pretty damn accurate from 1950 forward.

This is my last word on this, because I am sick of it. Computer modelling is only as good as the data put in. Rather like statistics they can be manipulated to give the result wanted. Garbage in Garbage out.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom you are still worrying about Arabs?

40 Attacks since 1972? My God that's one a year..... SCARRY!

Why don't you worry about this? Tom on average approximately 30,000 gun deaths (deaths, not just attacks) in the US per year. I wonder how many just wounded?

Gee, One attack per year against 30,000 deaths, you need to work on your priorities.

Now I got that 30,000 from the Internet, (seems high) it may be wrong, but even if it was 3,000 it would be too many.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Well let's see. There are an estimated 1.5 billion Muslims in the world.

There have been 40 attacks by arabs/muslims on US citizens since 1972, according to you.

So that means an infintesmal percentage of Muslims have committed these attacks.

I'd say using your numbers, you've got a long way to go before you can draw any conclusions about "all this" or "all that."

Here's a conclusion I've drawn though. If I see a thread on a car forum that starts with "Muslims__________________" that means an almost 100% chance a 30 to 60ish year old white guy who identifies as conservative is going to launch into a stilly rant about "all" Muslims" being killers or something.

I found this link just for you, prepared by our very own Defense Department no less! It's entitled, "Don't Be a Sucker." Watch and learn:

YouTube - ‪Don't Be a Sucker - 1947‬&rlm;

And here is another one exposing the plot of otherwise peaceful Muslims to take over the country (watch out for that Fareed Zakaria guy especially!0:

Al Qaeda Populating U.S. With Peaceful 'Decoy Muslims' | Onion News Network

Jeff, There have been over 40 attacks by arab/muslim on US citizens since 1972. At what point does stereotyping begin, over 50, over 100?

Last edited:
Jeff, We stereotyped the Italians for far less, you are stereotyping white guys. I'm not condemming all muslims, but there is a radical fringe.
Jim, There are 30,000 motor vehicle deaths each year, over 100,000 alcohol related deaths each year, Answers.com - How many alcohol related deaths occur each year
443,000 tobaco related deaths per year,
CDC - Fact Sheet - Fast Facts - Smoking & Tobacco Use
but not one of these requires me to be scanned and searched every time I fly. The threat of terrorism does. It appears that the US is wasting a lot of money trying to stop a terrorism threat that doesn't exist according to you two guys! But WTF do they know!

Old news but I believe still relevant to the debate, maybe we should have been scanning US citizens 30 years ago Particularly if they were Irish descendants and Catholic.

Rest assured I believe it is only a minority of US citizens that supported and continue to support terrorism against the British, so I won't hold a whole nation responsible for the acts of a few. :)

According to the CAIN research project at the University of Ulster,the Provisional IRA was responsible for the deaths of 1,824 people during the Troubles up to 2001. This figure represents 48.4 percent of the total fatalities in the conflict.

Jonathan Duffy
BBC News Online correspondent in New York

Their cause has always been a united Ireland, but much of the cash that funds republican groups comes from the United States. So how will they fare amid the new crackdown on terrorism?

It took the attacks on 11 September to bring the full horror of terror attacks home to many Americans. And their sense of outrage is compounded by a feeling that this is a war on terror that cannot be won easily.

The attacks prompted a "war on terrorism"

Since then, the Bush administration has vowed to come down hard on terrorists operating in the US. The president has enacted executive powers that allow for the freezing of all assets in the US of suspected Islamic terror groups.

While all American eyes are currently fixed on Muslim extremists, politicians in Northern Ireland have urged President Bush to extend the clampdown to those who raise funds for Irish paramilitary groups.

Without [US] funding, the IRA would not have nearly the same potential for violence

While Libya's donation of arms to the IRA in the 1980s has been the most public sign of where the republican movement has previously turned for support, the reality is that North America has been the most important link of all.
Following the emergence of the modern republican movement in 1969, the Provisional IRA quickly turned to its Irish-American supporters for funds and guns.

More than 30 years later, those support networks still exist, although the nature of the relationship has changed during the long road of the peace process.

Last edited:
I agree with Tom....lets drop our home land security and find out who attacks us first....my money is on the Irish. (and ah no fellas Im not talking about drunk drivers or timothy Mcveighs or the letter bomber clowns)

Jeff, We stereotyped the Italians for far less, you are stereotyping white guys. I'm not condemming all muslims, but there is a radical fringe.
Jim, There are 30,000 motor vehicle deaths each year, over 100,000 alcohol related deaths each year, Answers.com - How many alcohol related deaths occur each year
443,000 tobaco related deaths per year,
CDC - Fact Sheet - Fast Facts - Smoking & Tobacco Use
but not one of these requires me to be scanned and searched every time I fly. The threat of terrorism does. It appears that the US is wasting a lot of money trying to stop a terrorism threat that doesn't exist according to you two guys! But WTF do they know!

Nothing to say?

Nothing we say will relieve your hate and paranoia.

Hate, racism, paranoia, those are words that liberals use when all else fails. I don't hate anyone, nor am I paranoid. I am realistic, and if the goverment is concerned enough to scan and search me when I travel, I will pay attention to the people that are responsible for terrorism at this time. You can continue to live in la la land, I don't have a problem with that.

Back