Which 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Earp

Admin
George, give it a rest. Your last post before asking for deletion of G-man was 8th May 2013, 12:25 AM, around the time you received your Mustang.

Hang out on the forum, learn stuff, post, have fun, join the community, and so on. You got a Mustang with a high stall converter, which a few people here suggested you'd hate, and now you're ready for a new ride. Cool. Happens to all of us in one form or another, what we end up with isn't exactly as we envisioned. We live, learn, gain wisdom, and keep on.

Hopefully a GT40 is in your future and the collective wisdom of the forum might steer you right.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
So has the thread I started turned into abusing G-man and interrogation regarding some past irrelevant stuff? Please move on children.

Sent you a message privately to keep the respect Ron, you know... rules and all. Use it.

Mike, far as I knew the account was deleted. I simply signed up with my normal email address that I had used before and it worked. Was I supposed to assume everything got changed by Admins, but not deleted as per my request? So far as I knew I signed up once, few days ago since my last actual attendance in August 2012.

Lets stick to the topic at hand (as per the rules) rather than trying to rub peoples face in stuff from the past as though you yourself never made any mistakes in your past. That is just plain sick to even find enjoyment in such a thing. Ron - You started this with your idea of combining the accounts and thus are requested by me, the user, to not combine posts of an old thread/person and are also therefor requested to uncombine it as it was few days ago.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
George best not mess with the Mods.....

Looks like most things don't change much....:thumbsdown:

George, do you know what the best predictor of future behavior is?

Past behavior.

You still aren't taking advice well...never did before, so that's no surprise.

We'd all like to help you with your quest to get a 40 (and I don't mean a large can of beer), but my advice would be to back off on the defensiveness, particularly as it relates to the mods. We love our mods here, they keep the forum running and hopefully we honor their request when they ask us to reign things in, as sometimes happens. You'd be wise to do the same, IMHO.

Nothing personal, you understand...I always enjoyed your boyish enthusiasm and optomism in the past....would like to see you stick around, so......:idea:

...please.

Cheers!

Doug

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Looks like most things don't change much....:thumbsdown:

George, do you know what the best predictor of future behavior is?

Past behavior.

You still aren't taking advice well...never did before, so that's no surprise.

We'd all like to help you with your quest to get a 40 (and I don't mean a large can of beer), but my advice would be to back off on the defensiveness, particularly as it relates to the mods. We love our mods here, they keep the forum running and hopefully we honor their request when they ask us to reign things in, as sometimes happens. You'd be wise to do the same, IMHO.

Nothing personal, you understand...I always enjoyed your boyish enthusiasm and optomism in the past....would like to see you stick around, so......:idea:

...please.

Cheers!

Doug

Thanks Doug. I just feel like some people are literally trying just to rub poo in rather than just let things be and move on. Its been 2 years! I have let things go long ago. I just did not like the fact Ron went and combined the accounts as though to say "too bad, let me rub this in your face" - Especially when he is the moderator and should be the first to show respect/example of what the members should follow. None of this would have even started had it not been for him combining accounts for no valid reason. So yeah, can you blame me feeling this way? - I have moved on. I don't even remember the names of people stuff happened with back then, however, clearly others have not moved on and they are bringing stuff up again and it sucks.

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron - You started this with your idea of combining the accounts and thus are requested by me, the user, to not combine posts of an old thread/person and are also therefor requested to uncombine it as it was few days ago.

Thank you :)

George,

No, you started this when you joined the forum with a new ID and thus broke the forum rules of one ID per person. Therefore, I combined the accounts as I would do with any user. If you publically question mods and admins, and publically request actions, the replies will be public.

On that note, posts are public record and anyone can read that your absence hasn't been two years as you claim. Your choice - accept your past history and move on, or keep pretending that you're being singled out or treated unfairly.

My suggestion for you is to start a new thread with your question and move on.

Ron

Being relatively new to the forum and getting to know people, all I can say is, George, buy something and build a GT40, there is so much help and advice available, use it and appreciate it, and above all, get on with it.....

Bob

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I bet if G-Man became a contributing member and chipped in a little to Ron who owns the site G-Man not just moderates it BTW, people would be more welcoming. I would try writing Ron a check to help support the site and THEN ask him if he would do me a favor with my user account.

i agree buy a 40 and get on with it........put your deposit down, start a build thread and let the dream begin.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I vote we give the kid a break - he obviously has a lot of growing up to do.

Hang in there George, try to stop acting snotty, and do some reading as there are probably answers to all your questions on this site.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi All

With all due respect I have no idea what George wants or where he is coming from.

As you all would know I have already built my 40 and am now 2 thirds through my second build for my lady, so I do know what I am talking about.

At the All Fords Day car show here in Sydney I met him and spent a considerable amount of time talking to him and discussing all aspects of the building of a GT40 and all the processes of engineering and rego

My 40 was on display so he had ample time to look at and study first hand, take pictures, as well talk to the person that built the car and went through all the pros and cons of such a build and yet here he is asking all the same questions all over again.

It seems the simple answer is, George, you either have the skills and knowledge or the money to complete such an involved build or you don't.

If you have the skills you can build it yourself for reasonable $$$$$$.
If you don't have the skills then it will cost whatever the outsourced labour charges. Biiiigggggg $$$$$$$$$.

Dimi

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Im not the person that posted last legit post in August 2012. So i see no reason why things got combined.

Ron Earp

Admin
Im not the person that posted last legit post in August 2012. So i see no reason why things got combined.

Are you claiming your account was hacked and you didn't post any of those threads made in 2013?

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/40125-car-has-arrived.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/39881-updated-69-mustang-information.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/39746-eta-9th-april.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/39544-my-1969-mach-1-a.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/39411-not-gt40-but.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-questions-suggestions-comments/40428-admin-needed.html

You're the same George, the one with the 1969 Mustang, right?

So i see no reason why things got combined.

My forum, my rules. I don't ask users for their permission to combine user accounts when they set up multiple accounts, an action that is prohibited by the rules. You'll find that rule to exist on most any forum community.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ron, I told you 3+ times already. If you didn't get it by now, you wont.

On other forums I have the right to delete my account/or signup with a reason. Only this forum seems to be out of the norm with the administrator chasing me with off-topic comments breaking his own rules that he is enforcing on others which I also never experienced on other forums. This thread was going well until you stuck your foot in it and deterred the topic from a few basic questions I had (which I received answers for kindly of other members) into interrogation regarding me. Complete miss-treatment.

Next topic...

Thanks

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ron, I told you 3+ times already. If you didn't get it by now, you wont.

On other forums I have the right to delete my account/or signup with a reason. Only this forum seems to be out of the norm with the administrator chasing me with off-topic comments breaking his own rules that he is enforcing on others which I also never experienced on other forums. This thread was going well until you stuck your foot in it and deterred the topic from a few basic questions I had (which I received answers for kindly of other members) into interrogation regarding me. Complete miss-treatment.

Next topic...

Thanks

Oh yeah......Piss off the forum owner.

Let me know how that works out for you....................

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Oh yeah......Piss off the forum owner.

Let me know how that works out for you....................

Don't really care how it goes. I signed up, started a normal thread that he came to turn to poo. I sent him a PM about everything but he decided to carry it on public forum. So obviously he has a vendetta he is carrying out and then I am expected to just sit and and say nothing and accept this uncalled for abuse?

As said before, this is one thing I have never experienced on forums before with any administrators. Stop attacking me.

Re read the post. I asked few things, i got good replies from members then Ron comes on with 'combined accounts etc'. I say a polite thing to that and he keeps pushing the issue and harassing me.

Since when does owning a forum give you the right to troll someone and slander them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back