ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brian

This car will be on display at next weeks Autosport show at Birmingham.

Ian Gray
Stuart Taylor Ltd
Spring Farm
50 Berryhedge Lane
Winshill
Burton On Trent
DE15 0DP

Tel +44 (0)7836629106

If anyone else wants info on this car please don't dilute this thread please start a new thread in the paddock area.
I must say that this F1-67 would be fantastic to drive on a track, take you back to when men were men and F1 cars had gear sticks.

Regards

Chris

PS. if you phone Ian please tell him were you got the info.

Attachments

• _DS36556.jpg
    _DS36556.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 560
  • _DS36540.jpg
    _DS36540.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 580
  • _DS36557.jpg
    _DS36557.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 707
  • f1latest024.jpg
    f1latest024.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 553
  • f1latest025.jpg
    f1latest025.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 587
Also posted on build thread. Quaife ZF-Q bell housing to LS7, slight fettling of one of the two holes for the LS7 location dowels, took just a few minutes with a dremel (Actually it was a force fit as delivered but Mr Melia suggested I eased it just a tad:idea:) but for those of you looking to go down bowtie and Quaife route thought the pics might be of interest.
John Lowe, I'm new to this forum, but maybe you could help me out. I have been researching the LS1 Bellhousing for the Quaife ZFQ and would like to thank you for the pictures, just what I was looking for. How much is this bellhousing in the USA to purchase? and what would shipping be to deliver to Janesville. (Central) WI. 53545

Hi Guys

Martin and I will be at the Bremen Classic car show click here Bremen Classic Motorshow at the kind invitation of The German CAV dealer Uwe Beckbye .
Beckbye-Racing
The CAV stand No is 5 C 03 located in the (central corridor) in Hall 5.

We are looking forward to meeting German GT40 fans and introducing them to the ZFQ which will be on display.

Regards

Chris.

Chris,

What is the best way to arrange for and know complete details of purchasing a ZQF here in the States? Price, shipping, duties, additional hardware needed, etc? I'm in Los Angeles and it would be for a GT 40.

Hi Guys

For those of you that have ordered ZFQ's from the second batch they start rolling off the production line in ten days time.

To anyone requiring a ZFQ please drop me a line as we still have some availability
with this exchange rate there has never been a better time to purchase.
$1.4 =£1.

Regards

Chris.

Hi guys

Just ordered a new optional final drive ratio of 3.5 suitable for 500 bhp + cars to help drop the cruising rpm a little and produce a higher top speed.

Streight cut dog engagement version for racing only is also now available.

regards

Chris.

Hi guys

Just ordered a new optional final drive ratio of 3.5 suitable for 500 bhp + cars to help drop the cruising rpm a little and produce a higher top speed.

Streight cut dog engagement version for racing only is also now available.

regards

Chris.

chris, how much for just the gear?
im assuming i can drop that in my zfq and swap out 5th gear....
thanks

hi guys
some eye candy
Nigel Hulme sent me these photos of a Superformance car supplied by his company Le Mans Coupes at the Zolder Circuit Belgium. The car is equipped with a ZFQ transaxle.

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• HPIM1953.jpg
    HPIM1953.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 450
  • HPIM1955.jpg
    HPIM1955.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 563
  • HPIM1961.jpg
    HPIM1961.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 537
Hi Mike

it not the fifth gear, its a new crown wheel and pinion.

regards

Chris.

ill ask again....
how much and approximately whats the install time?
how much will this affect my rpms?
i currently have the zfq, the engine will be putting down high 500s to low 600s HP. how might i expect to benefit from this crown wheel and pinion?
my car is almost done.
thanks

Hi Mike

We have been corresponding with Quaife re the new crown wheel and pinion. At the moment it is not possible to fit what would be a greater component size into the current transaxle casing. We have also enquired into the possibility of a changed ratio on fifth gear which is also not possible. The ratio's currently fitted to the transaxle were very carefully thought out and tested at great length during the development stage and never changed. I have driven many miles on the transaxle and found the ratios and final drive to be spot on. Mike I hope this answers your query if you have any other questions then please contact any of the team as we would only be too willing to help.

Regards Martin.

Hi Mike

We have been corresponding with Quaife re the new crown wheel and pinion. At the moment it is not possible to fit what would be a greater component size into the current transaxle casing. We have also enquired into the possibility of a changed ratio on fifth gear which is also not possible. The ratio's currently fitted to the transaxle were very carefully thought out and tested at great length during the development stage and never changed. I have driven many miles on the transaxle and found the ratios and final drive to be spot on. Mike I hope this answers your query if you have any other questions then please contact any of the team as we would only be too willing to help.

Regards Martin.

good enough then, martin, thanks
may i ask what size tires you would recommend as gearing is relative to tire size.
as stated previously, ill be running upper 5s low 600s rwhp.
thanks again!

Hi Mike

I would run the tallest tires 60 profile would be good giving you a rolling radius of 26" + if possible as you have a large horspower car, we also recommend running the transmission in for at least 500 miles before you go crazy, it allows everything to bed in nicely.
Quaife recommend Silkolene SILKTRAN SYN 5 75W-90 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil

Regards

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back