T-3 Now Building Roaring Forties GT40

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
T-3, the developer and long time vendor of the GT40 inspired component car that was recently sold to Melson, is now advertising professional build services on their web site. In addition to the RF GT40, they are also building IGF Lambos, Fiero based Finale's and a midengine car using 90-96 Honda Accord drive trains called the Attack from the Slovak Republic.
Attack1.jpg

Rob Beddington recently pointed out that there was a Melson GT40 on eBay. Melson is very confident of their product in that the "Buy It Now" price is set at $74,995! It is also apparent in their vehicle description which states "This is a sports car that was born on the race track and is at home on the street as well. The Melson GT-40R is "Simply the Best"." While it may be a nice car, I think there are more than a few forum members who might argue that claim. I tried to get more information from Melson's website, but it doesn't seem to be active.

Regards,
Lynn

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Lynn,

I do not know this gentleman and I have not authorised him to build our cars.

If anyone has any further information on this please contact me at [email protected]

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert....

Sad to say Melson does not need your permission.
Anyone in the US can hang up a sign and claim
to be a "professional builder" of any kit they wish.
They just can't claim to be "factory authorized"
without proper justification.

MikeD

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Well, for what ever reason, it seems that T-3 (former vendor for what is now the Melsen GT40R) has taken the Attack off of their website.

T-3 still has the other cars listed in my post above shown on the custom build list. Robert, I have to agree with Mike. The other issue is that the prospective owner will probably purchase the kit from Hershal, as the RF distributor here in the US, and neither he nor you would have anyway of knowing that it would be T-3 actually doing the construction. I, obviously, don't know what contractual agreement T-3 requires to provide this service, I only know that, if it were me providing the service, I would want to be set up as a sub-contractor to the owner to relieve myself of liability for any use of the resultant vehicle. It would seem to me that this situation would further separate you from any liability, as well, Robert. (I guess there is a silver lining :)

Regards,
Lynn

Looking at the web site it appears they have lifted material word perfect from the Roaring Forties brochure. Pretty bold when there is no relationship. As a friend of mine in the broking industry would put it, does this company pass the "sniff test" Regards

Velly Interestink!!

There is now no mention of a GT40 on the T-3 WEB Site. You think maybe they read the forum posts. Lynn, FYI, the GT40? that was being built and sold by T-3 ws actually the old L. A. Exotics car whuch I had seen when I visited with Randy Treadwell, T-3 Owner. I had gone up to Littleton, CO to possibly purchase a "Turn-Key Minus" car but the LAX turned me off. I did find Randy Treadwell to be one of the most honest and honorable gentlemen I have met in my many years of building Kit Cars.

BTW, Lynn, I haven't forgotten your Car Cover question. I should have something for you within the next week (When my guy gets back from vacation in Italy).

Ben

Ben. The RFGT40 is still on their website. Click on the RF photo (copyright???) and there it is. Regards

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Ben,

Learn something new everyday, I had no idea that it had it's beginnings elsewhere.

No worries on the cover, haven't needed it yet. But, soon I hope as there was actually blue on the front clip, nostrils and rear clip the other day. Progress at long last.

If anyone want's to know how Murphy's Law affects the building of a car, send them my way, but only if they have several hours to kill :)

Regards,
Lynn

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Spoke with Randy of T3 only a few seconds ago and he explained that he was only offering a build up service and he also appologised for using my pictures. He offered to remove the photographs and information on our cars and I hope this happens.

I found Randy very sincere and very pleasent to talk to and I am sure this was nothing other than a misunderstanding. He said that he had not been on our forum and would answer this forum soon.

No hard feelings.

Best wishes,

Robert

We have been in the kit car business for years; look back at some of your old kit car magazines for articles and ads. We started by building kits for GT-40s and then expanded into custom building kits for customers. It is our opinion that the customer has the right to buy any kit he or she wants and also has the right to build the kit or have anyone he or she feels will do a quality job building the car. We have a long list of very happy customers and they have expanded the types of car we build. Some are even one of a kind custom cars. In talking with our customers we will share with them what we believe the quality of the kit is and the quality of the service the manufacture provides. In the kit industry today the buyer needs to be ware of what he or she is getting into. We have taken on some projects that the owners thought were hopeless because the manufacture did not or could not supply the needed materials and we have had to manufacture parts to get the customers car done. If T-3 recommends a kit project to a customer we feel that it is a good quality product. I apologize if any of our actions were taken in any other way.

Randy Treadwell
President/Owner of T-3 Inc.
[email protected]

Back