Ford Transistor distributor question,

Hello, I've introduced myself in the "introductions" forum and while I did add the following question, its probably better I post it here. I have a distributor I brought that I'd like to ask if any of you can tell me what it may be off? Its a Ford Transistor type (with tach drive) and has the following numbers and letters on it: XF 213399 (Stamped) followed by a hand engraved SPOHN ( I'm thinking its probably not a Windsor part). I have read the messages in the forums here mentioning the XE transistor distributors but this is clearly XF not XE. Around from the tach mount is a machined flat with 3 small tapped screw holes (still part of the lower distributor body). I'm not sure if I can post a pic here but I'd try if it helped anyone id the part,
Cheers,
Karl,

Pics added, Its not a Duraspark 1 or 2 though thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking its the Transistor type Ford had out both first as a points Distributor and later as a pointless type. I'll do a Google on the "SPOHN" but other than that I'm not sure just where this distributor has come from. I've yet to get it along side a 289-302 part to compare but I'll let you know once I do, meanwhile if anyone can run the part number I'd be very grateful.
Thanks, Karl.

Attachments

• SBF dist 1.jpg
    SBF dist 1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 231
  • SBF dist 2.JPG
    SBF dist 2.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 259
  • SBF dist 3.JPG
    SBF dist 3.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 226
  • SBF dist 4.jpg
    SBF dist 4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 219
  • SBF dist 6.jpg
    SBF dist 6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 234
Ok, it turns its a 351C NASCAR unit from 1971-2 according to a collector/seller of rarer Ford competition parts. As mentioned it has "SPOHN" hand engraved on it, Ron Spohn did run the car mentioned below for a time so maybe its from that car?

Last remaining Bud Moore-built Ford Torino NASCAR racer heads to auction | Hemmings Daily

Its not suitable for my install (289-302) so I'm not sure what to do with it now.
Thanks again to "Did 460" for offering some help to id it.
Karl.

Last edited:
Back