Tires - Bridgestone RE-11 or Nitto Invo?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I had pretty much decided on a set of Nitto Invos based on the price, but TireRack has Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s on sale for about the same price as the Nittos. TireRack has a great tire rating system that lets you compare tires, but they don't sell Nittos.

So, which are the better choice for a street car?

Last edited:
The Bridgestone tires I used to have long ago developed sidewall bubbles and had to be replaced. Apparently this was a common problem with those tires (the RE40s) and others in the series.

I haven't bought a set of BS tires since...

I had pretty much decided on a set of Nitto Invos based on the price, but TireRack has Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s on sale for about the same price as the Nittos. TireRack has a great tire rating system that lets you compare tires, but they don't sell Nittos.

So, which are the better choice for a street car?

Pete, I can't speak to Bridgestone, but I recently replaced my Goodyear Run Flats on my 657hp ZO6 with a set of Nittos. All I can say is “WOW”, what a difference! Granted, I only have a few hundred miles on the Nittos but they are about 80% sticky-er tire and I no longer go sideways on launch and shift! They ride about the same (or maybe slightly better) as the Goodyear but are definitely a lot quieter.

Pete, you may want to check out “Discount Tire Direct”; the prices are very competitive with Tire Rack and you can read some helpful user reviews. Discount Tire Direct also has a great telephone Customer Service department. The C.S rep. honestly told me that the only downside to the Nitto was that the life of the tire would only be about 30% of that of my Goodyears. For the price difference, I figured that was no big deal.

Good luck!
Jim

Last edited:
I like the Nitto NT05's. they warm up quick and gave me almost as many G's as the pirelli corsa p-zero asym that were $800/tire. The 335 rears can rub a bit though. You can grind out a bit of the inside of the f/g fender and they work just fine. their 335 acts more like a 355 if you compare actual tread.

Attachments

• nitto vs mich.JPG
    nitto vs mich.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 340

Michael Fling

Supporter
I had a set of Nittos on my C4 Porsche. They were so noisy that after 1000 miles I got different tires. I suppose I got the wrong tread pattern?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Jim - If I get the Nittos I will get them from Discount Tire Direct. I ordered the Nittos for my Cobra from them and had them in 2 days.

Cam - NT05s would've been my 1st choice if they had them in the right size. How much griding does it take to make the 335s fit?

Sounds like I'll stick with Nittos either way.

I'm a real lover of Nittos, Toyos, & Hoosier slicks.

And I had a very positive experience with one set of YOKOHAMA Advan Neova AD08 Tires for mostly street use. They were excellent with my 550HP Audi R8 with full race suspension, and NO traction control for that historic one week deluge in pre-Xmas 2011 in LA. I was there for business for that week and had to drive everyday across all of LA on the crazy freeways that were all partially flooded every day and every night. Those tires earned my respect that week! And they last longer than any of the others.
yokohama_advan_neova_ad08-225x300.jpg

Thumbs up on the Nittos - used them on a modified 911 of mine and they stick like glue, even when fairly cold. They wear rather quickly though (big surprise) but ride nice and have good road manners. You'll like 'em but don't be surprised when you have to replace the rears in about two years.....

Pete, I can't speak to Bridgestone, but I recently replaced my Goodyear Run Flats on my 657hp ZO6 with a set of Nittos. All I can say is “WOW”, what a difference! Granted, I only have a few hundred miles on the Nittos but they are about 80% sticky-er tire and I no longer go sideways on launch and shift! They ride about the same (or maybe slightly better) as the Goodyear but are definitely a lot quieter.

Pete, you may want to check out “Discount Tire Direct”; the prices are very competitive with Tire Rack and you can read some helpful user reviews. Discount Tire Direct also has a great telephone Customer Service department. The C.S rep. honestly told me that the only downside to the Nitto was that the life of the tire would only be about 30% of that of my Goodyears. For the price difference, I figured that was no big deal.

Good luck!
Jim

Surprised you kept the run flats on the Z06! Viper guys rip those off instantly has they are crap for performance cars..

Where are you seeing the RE11's for sale at TireRack? I need a pair for the rear of my Miata but I checked the site and I don't see anything.

the interference really isnt that bad with the nt05a 335's in the rear unless you take the shocks down. It hits the tire sidewall which has lots of room to rub w/o a puncture. the f/g gets coated in black so it gives you a guide where to grind down. Its on the inside of the clip, you shouldnt have to take off any gelcoat. Fran doesnt recommend them, but im about to get my 3rd set.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Last edited:
Back