First drive

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I bought my SPF MK1 last July and ordered the motor the same day I picked up the car, found the transaxle in Wichita Kansas which came out of a BMW M1, had to take it apart and put the correct shift rod in with the shifting box (parts from best friend) :) then ordered the McLeod twin disk and hydraulic throw out bearing. When the motor showed up (quite late) the package went into the car only to find out that the webers would not fit with the 427 9.5 deck height and spacer for the manifold so I opted for EFI throttle body injection which sort of puts you back at the starting point as the change over requires a lot of changes, but after my first ride today even with the front and rear missing it was worth all the skinned knuckles and sore back. I need to thank Mike Trusty for all his knowledge and time also the forum has been another wealth of knowledge and help in putting this together.

PS Lynn's postings and detailed reports on building his car are priceless for the do it yourselfer. Here are a few pictures as of today.

Attachments

• IMG_9132.jpg
    IMG_9132.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_9135.jpg
    IMG_9135.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 388

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations, Jack!

I think you'll like it even more, once you get it out on the road!
After tweaking mine with Mike last Saturday, I couldn't keep the rear tires hooked up in 3rd gear at 60mph!

Love it...

Regards,
Kirby

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jack - That's GREAT news!!!!!

The car looks great!

Your old Webers have found a good home with me and hopefully I will be taking my first drive in about a year's time...

Back