01E transaxle install

I've just joined the forum and am an avid car collector and former formula car racer. Presently I am replacing the Audi/Getrag 016 5 speed with an Audi/Getrag 01E 6 speed into my 2006 CAV GT 40 (not counting my research time, the installation was relatively easy, and I will be happy to share the details). It seems however the last phase of the install, namely the shifter and transaxle linkage are proving to be a problem. I bought a shifter and cables from CABLE SHIFT in Arizonia, but it does not seem to work, in the CAV GT 40 application. Is there anyone who has advice in order that I can complete this project.
Thank you in advance,

DanC

Charlie M

Supporter
Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry, I can't help you with the 01E shift but I may be interested in buying the shifter and transaxle linkage for the 016 that you're taking off.

Were the folks at Cable Shift any help to you?

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie,
I promised the shifter to a friend, and I will also sell the 016 as a complete unit. They are extremely helpful at Cable Shift. The fitment however was not to my satisfaction, and he said he would refund the total purchase price.

Just got back from vacation--- sorry for the delayed response.

I've just joined the forum and am an avid car collector and former formula car racer. Presently I am replacing the Audi/Getrag 016 5 speed with an Audi/Getrag 01E 6 speed into my 2006 CAV GT 40 (not counting my research time, the installation was relatively easy, and I will be happy to share the details). It seems however the last phase of the install, namely the shifter and transaxle linkage are proving to be a problem. I bought a shifter and cables from CABLE SHIFT in Arizonia, but it does not seem to work, in the CAV GT 40 application. Is there anyone who has advice in order that I can complete this project.
Thank you in advance,

DanC
Hey, would you be willing to share any of the info on your 01e that might help the rest of us locate one of these rare fwd versions? Most are awd, and then there are variants of the 01e as well, not sure what others are doing to find them, but i'd love any extra info I can get.

Back