1st.of the S.A. roaring forties to arrive in UK

Its been a long wait but just looking at my car is thrilling .The powder coated and anodised aluminium clad space frame is beautifully put together .Robert has also added a few great little extras which was a very pleasant supprise(on opening the doors on arrival there were ,a full set of carpets,a gurney bubble,an excellent leather covering to the rear bulk head and engine cover and a pair of leather and carpet covered door glove boxes).The pair of seats are also superb.
There was initial disapointment with the door shut lines as the doors were sat a 1/2 in.out at the rear and the wing was very low .My first question was had they warped on route but ten minutes with a spanner and a fantastic result was achieved with a little more fettling they will be perfect (the design is well thought out and looks though most of the build will be straight forward).
Back in 88 I built a dax cobra from a 74 V12 jag this kit is leagues ahead of that in quality of components and fibre glassing finish (that was 17 years ago and D.J.Sportscars have also dramatically built upon what was then an excellent product)
The wait has certainly been worth while and I cant wait to open the rest of the kit which arrives here on thursday.
I would just like to thank all envolved with the production of this kit .We are all aware of the recent comments about this company and like many I was getting anxious about the time it took to get the kit delivered however, to anyone waiting dont worry your going to get a great product

Thank you Robert and all the guys at Roaring forties.

My kit came over from South Africa in the same container as Huw's and I would like to endorse everything he has said. The quality of everything is superb. I have received a bit more than him, including the wheels, which are a work of art. The only problem I have had so far is identifying all the parts on the packing list. There are lots of unidentified brackets, etc. in packets, but no doubt all will become clear when my last packing case arrives next week and I can work it all out by a process of elimination.

Many thanks to Robert and his team in SA for all their efforts. It was worth the wait to receive a quality product in the end.

Chris
RF# 119 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Hew and Chris,

Many thanks for the kind words and again my appologies for the delays.

Please contact Rick or myself if we can be of any assistance.

Best wishes,

Robert

Back