2016 Holley LS Fest- who is going?

I'm thinking about going to this years LS Fest. Never been, but have an LS-powered SL-C, and thought it might be kind of fun.

Of course, it would be double (or triple) the fun if we could get two or three SL-Cs there together.

It's September 9-11, at Beech Bend Raceway, in Bowling Green, KY. There are the usual attractions, including dynos, drags, autocross, some sort of road course (?) and the car show thing.

Anyone interested?

Here's a link for the interested: LS Fest

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I was thinking about going. My interest is much higher now that they have a road course session at the Corvette Museum track.

If they have anything at NCM is is a nice track and really safe with tons of run off and safe areas to push the car with the oh crap factor. If they have anything that weekend there try to sign up and have fun at the track.

If they have anything at NCM is is a nice track and really safe with tons of run off and safe areas to push the car with the oh crap factor. If they have anything that weekend there try to sign up and have fun at the track.

Looks like the road race portion is indeed at the National Corvette Museum track as Pete mentioned.

Even if I don't run at the track, I may make a run over to see the action and check out the track and museum.

Gentleman

I frequent the NCM track frequently and it is top notch, very busy with 25 turns or so.

Do yourself a favor and get a hotel reservation soonest, as rooms are a challenge in the immediate area. It's a college town.

Given an opportunity take a driving tour of that part of Kentucky and visit the bourbon distilleries. :thumbsup:

I second the distillery tours. I toured Four Roses and Woodford Reserve. One was free the other cost $5. I lived near Louisville for 18 years, unfortunately moved away before the museum track opened.

A.J.

OK, I'm signed up. The main hotel is full, but apparently there are still some rooms elsewhere. Most of the hotels on Booking.com are showing limited availability.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Will, what event(s) did you sign up for? I'm signed up for the track event, but that's over at noon on both Fri and Sat. I'm thinking about doing the "Show and Shine" also.

Pete, despite the look, my car is purely a street car. My road racing days are behind me, and of course, the SL-C really isn't a drag car. So, I'm going to be in the car show part all weekend.

Let's coordinate so we can park together when you aren't tearing up the track!

Will, sounds good. I'll exchange phone #s with you before the event.

They finally posted the rules for the road course event: http://documents.holley.com/road_course_challenge_rules.pdf.
I'm curious to see which class they put me in. I suspect I'll get bumped to the exhibition class.

I'll PM my contact info.

Looks like you'd be in street prepared, unless they really get skeered of how fast the car looks.

Did you see you need a HANS or neck restraint? Let me know if you need to borrow mine. It implies a 5/6/7 point harness, so be sure you have at least one sub belt in the car. I assume you have a current helmet, with HANS-compatible fasteners.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I just ordered a SA2015 helmet and a SFI neck collar. I've got 6 point harnesses installed, so I should be good.

Back