Jim's RCR Lola build.

Jim, have you decided on your gearbox yet? I've been flirting with the idea of swapping from my ZF to the LG600, but it's a huge investment. I don't have as much power as you; I don't think the ZF could handle your numbers. The LG could though!

Jim Albright

Supporter
Went with the Graziano with drop gears to match the LS powerband, and the spec clutch from the Gallardo rated to 950 ft lbs.

Jim Albright

Supporter
Got some progress pics from Fran:)
IMG_5011.jpg
IMG_5008.jpg
IMG_5009.jpg

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Won’t be long now. Beautiful T70 will be heading your way soon. Looking forward to more pictures when you get it home.

Regards Brian

Jim Albright

Supporter
Looks great Jim! What dry sump system are you using and what size dry sump tank is in that system?
Unless Fran is planning a surprise change, it's a wet sump - are you referring to the tank on the passenger (left) side? That's the fuel surge tank.

Best Regards,
Jim

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jim, That will be a good job during this waiting period. I waited almost 6 months to get my new lift delivered.
It is possible by yourself, but an extra set of hands on occasion certainly doesn’t hurt. I put together a 4 post 15,000 lb alignment rack and a 4 post 12,000 lb oil change lift. A lot of it by myself, but there certainly were times I needed help. I also installed 3- 7,000 lb asymmetrical 2 posts and 2-9,000 lb asymmetrical 2 post lifts all in the same building. Each time I learned of a better way.
By the way, you said at one point, your floor coating was something used I believe in military airplane hangers. Would you perhaps have a supplier part number I could try and locate.
Thank You !!!
Regards Brian

Jim Albright

Supporter
Jim, That will be a good job during this waiting period. I waited almost 6 months to get my new lift delivered.
It is possible by yourself, but an extra set of hands on occasion certainly doesn’t hurt. I put together a 4 post 15,000 lb alignment rack and a 4 post 12,000 lb oil change lift. A lot of it by myself, but there certainly were times I needed help. I also installed 3- 7,000 lb asymmetrical 2 posts and 2-9,000 lb asymmetrical 2 post lifts all in the same building. Each time I learned of a better way.
By the way, you said at one point, your floor coating was something used I believe in military airplane hangers. Would you perhaps have a supplier part number I could try and locate.
Thank You !!!
Regards Brian
Brian,

I used Armor Garage 2 part epoxy (in 2012 it was ARM707X), but they have a very informative website at www.armorgarage.com
I did the white with clear topcoat in the detached garage and a tan with flakes that resembles granite in the attached garage. Both have held up well for over a decade now. You can chip it if you drop a heavy wrench from height, but if you take the time to do a good prep on your concrete, it should outlast us old guys!

Back