4.6 DOHC engine with Webers For Sale

Have one of the last carburted modular engines that were built. this one with Webers. used 44IDF's. engine new and complete with all front dress accessories and belt. has A/C delete. has it's own MSD ignition on board. doesn't need anything else to run except 12 volts. also has Ford Racing ceramic coated shory headers which I can remove. rated at 425 HP. comes with Weber jet kit and manual. asling $10,500.00. call me 734-421-2782 or email direct at [email protected]. thanks. will have pics soon

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
When were ANY carbed Mod motors made?? Unless you are referring to some FRPP crate engines, all the production Mod motors were injected. Do you have a link to any pics?, Is it a 2,3 or 4 valve? Since no production engine was carbed, the details are a little light.

Last edited:
dave:
sorry about that. I forgot to put in there that this was one of the last engines KAR KRAFT built before they went out of business. they had manufactured an adaptor that allows the use of any 289/302 intake manifold on a 1999-2004 4.6 DOHC engine. you could use anything from Cobra high rise manifold, tri-power, dual quads and even Webers as this engine has. basically old school technology on a new engine. I should have made that much more clear. thanks. they had put these engines on youtube on a running engine stand. I will post their links shortly.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I wondered about Kar Kraft, their website has been inop for a month or so and I surmised they may have gone the way of many businesses. Too bad, although the competition for carbed Mod intakes is growing so they may have been squeezed out.
Still too large dimensionally and overly complex. Working on high end sportbikes gave me a distaste for all the extraneous, unneccesary components. I know how much extra work they are in a bike frame, and have no desire to wrestle with the same in a car.

Back