930 transaxle measurements

I am looking for the measurements of a 930 4 speed. lenght of box, bellhousing to drive shalf centre. Bellhousing width.

thanks

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
It's all been covered before..... Did you try a search in the transaxle section on "930 length"? Or similar? It's all there for the reading, you've got to do your own research....

This thread comes up in the first page of the search, pretty obvious place to start....http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...transaxle-comparison-discussion-thread-3.html

Post#47 might have what you want. Note there are short and long 930's. Do a bit of reading/searching to find out what you've got

Hi Russ, the lenght of the 930 short / long box is that from the bellhousing to the end of the shifter rod???? or the transaxle case??? I read the comparison im not able to workout the exact mearsurment.

thanks Tim

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Here are the details I have just taken from my long bell 930 :-

930 long
Dry weight with LSD 60kg
Bell housing face to driveshaft centreline 230
Width across driveshaft flanges 249
Total length to rear of extended shifter 760 (roughly, the shifters not in my box at present)

Note that the short bell 930 is 30 mm shorter (not 1'', as stated on some sites). Therefore :-

930 short
Bell housing face to driveshaft centreline 200
Total length 730 (about)

Clearly says to the end of the extended shifter. ie with the shift rod fully extended ie either 2nd or 4th gear engaged

Edit. Ah, I see the confusion, I muddied the waters by stating the shifter was not in my box. I allowed for it though, I was just indicating that because of that, the measurement may not be 100% accurate. Probably +/- 2mm

Last edited:
Thanks Russ it was a important measurment for my race car, it has a carbon fibre body. Expensive option to lenghten rear clip and i dont think CAMS would like a gearbox hanging out past the body work. The shifter rod looks like it is 3 to 4 inches long? Can this be shortened?

Hi Russ, I think I should add some pics this mite give a better understanding of what I am trying to achieve. I have a Prosport chassis which we have converted from a bike engine to a alloy SBC. The engine attaches to the back of the frame via a front engine plate. The rear of the engine has another plate which has gearbox adaptor incorporated into it. As you can see by the bike engine set up I need to build a cage around the box for the suspension to mount to. The drive shaft location matches the Chev/ Porsche length compared to the bike engine length from the rear of the frame. From the drive shaft to the back of the gearbox has to be as short as possiable. I think the 930 will just fit.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 321
  • evo3_action_12.jpg
    evo3_action_12.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 241
  • evo3_specs_6.jpg
    evo3_specs_6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 271
  • GetAttachmentiejodji3kjedk.jpg
    GetAttachmentiejodji3kjedk.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 296

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nice cars those Prosports! You are using the same engine/trans mounting setup as I am.

I shortened my shaft 24 mm because that's all I needed. It wouldn't be hard, I think, to take quite a bit more out of it. If you want quite a bit, it may entail building up or sleeving the inside of the rear housing so you can still fit the seal after you've chopped the housing back. I haven't really looked at it in detail....if you need to extend the rear body and cost is an issue why not just have a nicely executed bolt on 'power bulge' extension in either f/glass or aluminium? It'll all look the same once it's painted...... And no significant weight penalty.

Last edited:
Thanks Russ I measured the short G50 and it sits past the rear clip by 3 inches. looking at the 930 box it looks much shorter to the rear of its case compared to the G50.

Back