A Ride in a Legend

Would anybody in Melbourne be able to take me for a spin in their GT40 or replica?
Or perhaps some drooling time?
I am particularly interested in Robert Logan's Roaring Forties.
many thanks
Rob

wink.gif

Robert, if you're planning on coming to Queensland I can get you a rides in a few different DRB GT40s, and I can tell you where a GEN-YOU-WINE GT40 with a race history lives...

The genuine car gets out to the occasional race meeting, and the sound of that motor going what sounds like 8,000 rpm literally gives you goosebumps... The most impressive racecar I've ever seen, rivalled only for sound by Dad's favourite (Ken Miles' Cobra when he raced at the same track back in '65) Dad has the 8mm film of that day - too bad there isn't any sound.

Anyway if you don't get any better offers, it might be worth your while flying up here. http://www.virginblue.com.au offers fares from Melbourne to Brisbane return for about $150USD, even less for Melbourne to Gold Coast return. The DRB GT40 factory is based a stone's throw from the Gold Coast, and I'd be happy to get Peter Ransom (the owner) to spend some time with you.

Let me nkow if I can help,
Craig Marsh

Hmmmm,
I just noticed you live in Melbourne!!!!
blush.gif
So now that my stupid mind has figured out that you're not an American flying over here, you obviously know all about Virgin and their airfares. Come on up here, or drop into the Roaring Forties factory....

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Robert,

You are more than welcome to visit our factory at Dromana. We have a car here to take you for a spin. Next week we also have a car at the Melbourne motor show , so see you there.

I have also got three cars registered and being driven in the Melbourne CBD. I can arrange for a visit of one of those cars and owners if you would prefer that.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Robert,

I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Melbourne International Motor Show and your sit in the Roaring Forties car.

We look forward to your visit to the factory and I hope you will enjoy the drive in our demonstrator.

Please keep in touch and good to see your contributions on this forum.

Best wishes,

Robert Logan

Many thanks for the opportunity to look closely at a wonderful car- my friends now understand a little more about my addiction.
I can only imagine what 490 hp in light rain would be like..do they throw up wonderflume plumes of spary in the wet like the F1 cars????
(Slip the clutch or the tyres, decisions, decisions!)

grin.gif

Rob

Back