Active power plans

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Why not ask AP themselves? I get the impression online that Chris is a very reasonable individual and if he was open to that, he'd be the appropriate source.

Food for thought though is that if he wasn't open to that, it's probably not appropriate for a customer of his to decide to sell his IP for him.

Mark Turner

Supporter
That Is the exactly what I did, I emailed Chris and my email was forwarded to an Individual that has purchased the GT portion of Active Power.
They are not willing to sell just the plans.
I hope to find someone that has purchased plans In the past and has decided to go In another direction.

I experienced the same thing as you did, Mark... ...."woulda/coulda/shoulda".

Back in Dec22/Jan23 I was in touch w/ Chris to buy a set of plans, and he would have sold them as long as a confidentiality
form was signed. But, I took my time and didn't follow-through.

Just a few weeks ago I decided it was time to do it, but my email to Chris was forwarded/answered by the business manager of the new owner.
They told me that liability issues were the reason 'plans only' were no longer an option.

I'm in complete agreement with Chris' statement above, about the intellectual property aspect.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm in Michigan, and have a couple of partially built tube chassis that I will be selling at some point. The suspension mounts have not been located yet. They were purchased from RCR and were the predecessor to the aluminum mono that they currently build. They only built three chassis. Mike Dozier had one on his Lola T70 build, and I have the other two. I currently have a new RCR Lola T70 on order with Fran and these are in excess to my needs. If anyone has an interest, drop me a PM.

Regards Brian

Mark Turner

Supporter
Several years ago I purchased plans two build a two place airplane and later decided that I wanted to build the two place model I posted an ad on a forum similar to this to see if anyone was interested in trading plans we contacted the designer and asked if he was ok with the swap . He was fine with it and said that his intent was that the plans were purchased to build one airplane/

Back