Aircon has stopped working

So, long story short last summer my aircon stopped working with I assume a low-pressure fault as no output from the trinary switch low pressure connection to the compressor and therefore the clutch stopped kicking in when the aircon was switched on. A couple of days after a 2nd refill with added dye, I noticed a small leak from a joint and after tightening the aircon was still doing its job well for the rest of what counts as a summer in the UK.

After the winter lay up no working aircon this year although the clutch was clicking in when the aircon was switched on, so today I decided to bite the bullet and go for a 3rd recharge. Alas no joy still no cold air although strangely the aircon is switching the clutch on and off intermittently as normal.

Is this likely to be a compressor issue and if so are there any checks I can do to prove it? are there any other checks I can do?

Many Thanks

Nick

If it is a classical type of aircon try to feel with hand as to where you have were hose pipes hot and where its get cool...or less warm most off, it could be that the dryer bottle is full, and need to be replaced ( especially when you had a leak... gas went away humid air replaced it ....) when the beads are full with humidity, the compressor produces liquid up on the bottle, but after it could be feld cold from the bottle to evaporator onwards if the return from the evaporator back to compressor,

Paul

Attachments

• Automotive Air Conditioning Training Manual.pdf
    9.4 MB · Views: 35
  • Nissens_AC_System_Diagnostics_Poster_98x68+-+Operating+Pressures+R134A+-+ENG.pdf
    873.9 KB · Views: 29
If it is a classical type of aircon try to feel with hand as to where you have were hose pipes hot and where its get cool...or less warm most off, it could be that the dryer bottle is full, and need to be replaced ( especially when you had a leak... gas went away humid air replaced it ....) when the beads are full with humidity, the compressor produces liquid up on the bottle, but after it could be feld cold from the bottle to evaporator onwards if the return from the evaporator back to compressor,

Paul
Thanks Paul

Back