Announcement: RCR Forums Are Moving

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi folks,

Just to let you know, these forums (including the SLC Clubhouse) will be moving into the Wings, Wheels, and Keels area of GT40s.com over the next few days. There might be some outages while that occurs. All threads and info will be perfectly preserved, however, external links to the threads in these forums may cease to function. You'd need to re-map them to the new location when it comes online there.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Might be! :)

If you get use from the forum support it and encourage your friends to do so. The forums are user supported.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I think you should keep it as a separate page. Rename it replica manufactures corner. That way as time goes on you would have a place for future manufactures if they should show interest. Maybe require a annual renewal membership for the spot. Not to make more money but to make it easer to find a specific manufactures build threads like it is now.

Whatever you do if fine with me however. As a aside how would I download my entire build thread if I wanted to and archive it on a disk (or other media).

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As a aside how would I download my entire build thread if I wanted to and archive it on a disk (or other media).

The threads and messages attached to the threads are in a Hierarchical database and not in individual files per se. Even if they were in file format natively, they’d be likely full of control-characters and string-modifiers that would make them difficult to read.
There is an Export Thread Add-On for Xenforo software, but it would cost $$$ to implement and I, for one, would hope that it could only be used by the person who started the thread.
IE - It would be a good way to Hi-Jack an entire forum.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm not too keen on keeping individual make forums around for particular brands. Inevitably the company decides to take another direction and we are left with a subforum sporting their name that may, or may not, be populated by a bunch of threads. It also fosters division and isolation in the forum members. I'd swear there are some SPF and SLC owners who use GT40s.com but have no clue the subforum they're reading exists on a much larger website.

Back